Newbie saying hello

• Hi eveybody! I've been lurking for a few days and decided to register and join the conversation. I started IP last Thursday after watching two coworkers lose weight on it (one is now serving as my back up coach and support!)

It's been a little bumpy these first few days in that I'm supposed to eat 5 packets a day but I don't usually snack and I don't usually eat or drink after dinner (which often doesn't happen until about 8p.m.) AND I sleep in on the weekends, so getting that five packets in across the day have been challenging.

That said, today I made those cereal pancakes and made the chocolate drink with some decaf coffee and that was the yummiest thing ever.

I tried a couple of different things with the chocolate pudding (thanks to the recipe thread here) but nothing made that good to me.

For the most part I'd say the savory things are fine with me and the sweet ones are hit or miss.

Anyway, just wanted to intro myself.
  • Hello & Welcome to the world of IP, a rather friendly bunch
  • Welcome!

Just curious, why do you have to have 5 packets a day?
  • Welcome!
  • Quote: Welcome!

Just curious, why do you have to have 5 packets a day?
    Not sure, but that's my protocol. My friends had four so I try my best to get four in as I know that worked for them.
  • Welcome.....my wife and I started 1/2/13 and so far it has been going very well. We are only doing 3 packets a day per the Phase 1 IP guidelines.
  • Welcome! I started on 1/1/13 and have been doing 3 IP packets a day per guidance from my clinic and coach. Was told if super hungry to have an extra packet but haven't needed to.
  • 3 packets is standard, a 4th may be added the first week if hunger gets to you. also if you exercise (aerobic) you add one packet immediately after exercise.
  • Hi to you new folks you will find so much encouragement and good advice here, I know each person is different and you will figure out very soon what you like and what works for you, just follow your p1 sheet. I know that when I found mixinNthekitchen from rainbowsmiles thread with so many Recipies and ways to use the packets and foods in ways I had not thought about, soooo helpful. You might want to check it out. Anyway everyone here is super great! to you all, Teena
  • Yeah don't feel bad if you can't get the 5 packets in. We were told we could do 4 the first week but we stuck with 3 and were good to go! Sometimes now even getting 3 in is hard!
  • Your coach probably has a reason for 5 packets. Why don't you call/email and ask why yours is different or if its just a first-week thing