Shoe Size Changes ?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some discussion going around shoe sizes.

So far I have lost 100 pounds and when I went to wear a pair of heels(yippee finally heels again) the other day they were to big, prior they were just right.

The difference was less then 1/2 a size. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how drastic was it/has been for you?
  • I did!

I used to wear a 6 1/2 or 7 depending on the shoe. After being pregnant with my first, I was a good 7 or 7 1/2.

I am back to a 6 1/2. I am ok with getting all new shoes!
  • Yes, I wear a 11-12 now yikes! finding shoes is horrible, I used to a wear a 9/12-10 many many moons ago and that would be awesome again.
  • After losing 80lbs all my shoes were too big and floppy. It made me wonder just how fat were my feet?
  • LOL yep! You literally lose weight EVERYWHERE, including your feet! And your feet won't flatten out as much when there's less weight riding on them. I was almost up to a 9.5 at my heaviest and am now back in my old size 8.5 shoes!
  • I am hoping to see a bit of a difference since I've been pushing it for awhile in terms of fitting into a 10, and it is really tough to find anything in a larger size. I'll be thrilled to just have my shoes fit more comfortably!
  • I know that I have gone from size 8.5 to size 10 as I've gained over 100 lbs during the past 20 yrs.....all since age 30.
  • Yep, as scorbett said, you lose weight everywhere.
  • Ive gone from a 10 to a 9.5 and now to a 9
  • Yes, I could not wear my shoes for a long time. I have a 7-7.5. I just lost half of what I need to loose (40lbs) and finally can get back into my old shoes again. The last 10 lbs did it. Glad I did not get rid of them. Isn't this a great feeling?
  • Hmm, this is interesting. I've never noticed a difference in my shoe size. At my smallest (140-145 lbs) I was a size 9.5-10. And at my largest (238.7 lbs) I was also a 9.5-10. I'll be interested to see if my shoe size changes this time around
  • I'm having a shoe trying-on fashion show tomorrow in my closet, maybe all the shoes I was going to throw out last summer for being too small might fit now (or by the summer at least!). So excited!
  • I have never changed since the 6th grade. Size 10 all the way through pregnancy ( 11 lb baby) worked on my feet for over 25 yrs and at age 55, I still wear size 10. lol
  • Thank you everyone, interesting to see how some people see no changes and some a lot. Here's hoping I see a difference. New shoes for the win!
  • One thing I noticed is the bottom of my feet got more tender and then I even noticed bumps in shoes I hadn't worn for awhile etc. My coach reminded me that the pads of your feet may get smaller too, thus my sensitivity now -- there just isn't the padding there used to be!

Pretty incredible. I notice some rings fitting better too and I have several I haven't worn for awhile -- that will be fun to see if I can get them on too (btw, apparently your ring size is usually your shoe size for most people someone once told me -- interesting to see if those two change together)