For newbies...it's worth it!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • OK, this post is mostly for those newbies out there, since I am preaching to the choir when it comes to IP veterans.
    Going on IP is the best decision I have ever made (well, aside from getting married and deciding to have a child, that is). But, really, the changes that the weight loss has caused in my body, my health and my whole attitude are wonderful! It's hard to explain, but I feel better overall, I am more confident, and sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror it makes me SO happy and proud! And I don't avoid mirrors anymore.
    Yes, this lifestyle (I need to stop referring to it as a diet, because it's more permanent than that) requires lots of planning. Yes, I get TIRED of veggies. Yes, sometimes I would probably knock my best friend down just for a piece of chocolate or some cheese. And yes, it was HARD in the beginning--and it continues to be hard at times.
    But stick with it, give it a chance, and you will be amazed at what you can do and how wonderful you will feel. Take it from me---I have diabetes, high blood pressure, and mild (so far) MS. I won the jackpot in terms of crappy health problems. But my sugar is down, my blood pressure is good, and I'm looking forward to spring--I can't wait to go to an amusement park and ride roller coasters again and I'd like to teach my son to play tennis (I used to play in high school, about a million years ago)!
    Ideal Protein works, and you are worth it!
  • Thank you so much for posting this! I am 24 years old and 312 pounds wow! Not something to be very proud of I am about to start IP and very very nervous! You are helping to elieviate my nerves! lol I am ready for this overdue lifestyle change to be healthy for me and my daughter
  • TAM67GREEn very well said! the most important thing that I have learned through this lifestyle change is what you said: "Yes, this lifestyle (I need to stop referring to it as a diet, because it's more permanent than that) requires lots of planning." It is a lifestyle change because I can never go back to eating like I did before or else it will all come right back on my body. I am learning to eat like a "regular" person
  • Quote: Thank you so much for posting this! I am 24 years old and 312 pounds wow! Not something to be very proud of I am about to start IP and very very nervous! You are helping to elieviate my nerves! lol I am ready for this overdue lifestyle change to be healthy for me and my daughter
    Great thread here!

Kaylae, you can do this! I wish I had done this at your age, and dealt with the food issues I've had all my life. And don't be ashamed of your weight (I know this is much easier said than done). There are reasons for it (emotional, etc.) that are part of you, and hopefully, this life change will help you deal with those issues.

Stick with IP, and you will see such changes in your body and your life, and this is a great way for your daughter to learn about food also.

Good luck!
  • Thank you so much for the encouragement. I need to be reminded all the time about how great I'm going to feel if I stick with it.
  • Perfectly said!!! I have gotten down right cranky at times wanting a piece of pizza or Chinese food. But once you get in to the swing of things and see that scale moving down, so so so exciting. My only regret is that I didn't do it a year ago when I 1st heard about it.

We'll be able to have those treats again, but will just have the tools and knowledge to handle our choices better!!!
  • You can make a passable pizza using the crispy cereal and herbs as a crust.
  • I slipped but 9 days ago started IP and I have eaten clean... Thank you all for those encouraging words on behalf of us newbies.. we need all the help and support you have I am 53 yr old 5 foot 1 inch ..first time Grandmom and I wanna see her graduate... I have a long haul.. but thankfully for me... i am not alone ...Jane
  • Stick with it everybody, it truely is worth it!!!
  • Great post!

As I read on here somewhere, when you're dieting sometimes you just have to "embrace the suck"!

This diet in my opinion is 99% aspiration and 1% perspiration.
  • It's nice to see so many people who are finding success. I am going into my 3rd week and very happy to see 11 pounds down already!
  • Thanks for posting! Whenever I'm in a slump this site is helpful (and hopeful) I feel so motivated after seeing everyone's success stories.

Down 12lbs in 12 days

We can do this!!
  • Thank you for the motivation!
    I am on day 3, and I'm feeling motivated by the posts. I have a slight headache, but I haven't been hungry. I'd love to hear people favorite products. I like the chocolate drink, lemon bar, crispy cereal, and soy chips. However, I wasn't a big fan of the chili, mango smoothie, or banana pudding. I have about 167 which seemed daunting, but the quick progress with ideal seems to make it possible.

Keep up the encouragement!
  • Jensyd have you tried sea salt in water? Or what I did was put a bit on my finger. It made my headaches go away! Only had them the first week.

Quote:
    Thank you so much for posting this! I am 24 years old and 312 pounds wow! Not something to be very proud of I am about to start IP and very very nervous! You are helping to elieviate my nerves! lol I am ready for this overdue lifestyle change to be healthy for me and my daughter
    You can do it! It's not that it isn't a struggle some days, but the motivation is how you feel and how you are losing weight. I have dropped so much more at this point that I ever thought.... and feel great!