Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Lisa,
Is there a digital version of the new book? (and available to all?)
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Lisa,
Nope. It is just hard copy
Ideal Protein IS in this for the $$

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-13-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #93  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Lisa,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nope. It is just hard copy
Ideal Protein IS in this for the $$
IP is definitely in it for the $$. I'm not quite sure what I expected, but for $29.00 I was expecting at least a hard cover book. Instead it's a soft covered 5.25" x 8.25' 'booklet'... 150 pages in all. I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, as I at least satisfied my curiosity... but I was disappointed and hardly thought it worth the $$. Just my opinion, of course.

It's called 'Ideal Protein... Because it's your Life' by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh.

Last edited by evepet; 01-13-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Yeah! I just got a signature. I feel like I'm part of the club now! Can't believe I first posted only 20 days ago...
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 342/298/185

Height: 5'11"

I started IP today! I am so excited/nervous! I had the crispy cereal with a lil cinnamon! It wasn't half bad! I have a question my local health food store sells stevia drops with vanilla and almond extract! it was all 0-0-0 but it did contain some natural alcohol in it. Does anyone know if we can we have this on IP?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
IP is definitely in it for the $$. I'm not quite sure what I expected, but for $29.00 I was expecting at least a hard cover book. Instead it's a soft covered 5.25" x 8.25' 'booklet'... 150 pages in all. I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, as I at least satisfied my curiosity... but I was disappointed and hardly thought it worth the $$. Just my opinion, of course.

It's called 'Ideal Protein... Because it's your Life' by Dr. Tran Tien Chanh.
Evepet,
Was it considerably different than the previous version (the one that was on his website last year)? I'm assuming you read that since I know you like to do research, and are really good at it.

BTW, any update on leptin supplements?

Thanks,
Chloe
Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Yeah! I just got a signature. I feel like I'm part of the club now! Can't believe I first posted only 20 days ago...
Star,
You'll find that time flies on IP, and the wonderful thing is that you are continuously losing weight so the pounds melt off and the seasons change, summer comes, and you look and feel so much better. You will have a wonderful summer.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Thanks Much for the help ... Did Aromatherapy Bath took some advil and doing just great. IP is great started friday and promised i wouldn't touch the scale. Well it was in my path in the bathroom. So i jumped on it. Lost 5 lbs this weekend. Now i have energy and i am excited. I have tried many diets and this is the one for sure.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
PamC: you might want to consider taking a restricted munchy packet to the party, in addition to your veggies. I also take seltzer water and Mio. It helps me thru all those people drinking!
Lisa, am just seeing this now...not sure how I missed it earlier. That's a great suggestion actually, will definitely do that for next event I go to. I did pretty well, didn't cheat at all with the food, not even a bite. I had my dinner right before I left, so was nice and full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Relapse, thought I was over this nasty cold, just to cough all night and feel crappy today. hmmmm at least I am not hungry!
Stay warm and op!
I'm feeling like something is coming back today too, hopefully not too much of a rebound, I can't afford to miss any more time from work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
WorldTraveleronIP Best of luck!! Planning is key. I am still getting the hang of it!!
PamC I have been dying to see Les Mis but no one to go with!! I love the Dill Pickle Zippers. Yum Yum and the serving is huge.
I'm excited to try them! You should just go see Les Mis! I happen to be going with a friend today, but I go to the movies all the time by myself. I don't hesitate, though I was a little nervous the first time I did it, but once I settled into my seat it was fine. When you go to the movies you don't talk to the person you're with generally anyway, so it's no big deal. If there's a movie I want to see and no one around to see it with, or that wants to see it (or in the old days if I just had a mad craving for buttered popcorn), I just up and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
I went to my weigh in this morning and was down 3 pounds! We didn't do measurements; she told me we would do it next week. I am down 50 pounds now! Wooooohoooooo!

I also got my first, "you don't need to lose that much weight..." I was at the commissary in the produce department. I asked 2 workers if they had any more turnips. We got to talking about the diet, and I told them that I wanted to lose 30 more pounds. We finished talking, and I walked away. I went back to ask them another question, and they told me how they were discussing that I didn't need to lose that much more because I would look sick. I just laughed... I find it flattering!

So, all in all, today was a great day! I am planning on sitting on the sofa all day tomorrow while doing laundry. We start our Biggest Loser competition at work on Monday. I can't wait to kick some butt!
So awesome, congrats! Reminds me of years ago when my grandmother used to say after I'd lost a few pounds, "Now, make sure you don't get too thin, dear." Ha! Like that would EVER happen, Grammy. I like food way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Hi
My name is Gidget. I am 50 married and so so tired of gaining weight. I started on the IP protein diet on friday 1/11/13. I am so weak and hoping i can succeed. I was a candy monster. . FYI A candy monster needs sweets to survive. My start weight is 250. In my old world weekends are for eating, drinking and partying. I will need to replace my old weekend habits with new ones and I am looking forward to doing so. I have 1 problem this is my 2nd day and i am so weak I have been in bed both days and i can't sleep. I am followind diet, step by step. No Cheating and I am not hungry. What should i do ?
Gidget, welcome! If you can just get through the first week, it will get so much easier. Sugar withdrawals are the worst. It's hard to believe, but once you are in the zone with this program, your cravings will really go away.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #100  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Just added a new siggy pic

My mom looks so hot! I am proud of her! She lost around 45 lbs in 6 months.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #101  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:

You both look great!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #102  

Quote:

You both look amazing!!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #103  

Quote:

You both look hot!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #104  

So, I did it! I bought my charm bracelet. Thanks to this board for such a good idea.

I bought the following charms: A (first letter in my name), star (because of my name on here), elephant (my oldest daughter's favorite animal since she could say elephant), and hummingbird (my youngest daughter loves all birds and feed them throughout the year - except spring when bears might show up to eat the seeds!). It also came with a bonus heart one, so that will represent my husband.

Of course, I have not lost 50lbs yet! But I ordered it online, so by the time I get it, I might be at 40lbs, and will wait for 50lbs to add the 5th charm. Then, it will be shopping time again! LOL
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #105  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Evepet,
Was it considerably different than the previous version (the one that was on his website last year)? I'm assuming you read that since I know you like to do research, and are really good at it.

BTW, any update on leptin supplements?

Thanks,
Chloe
Some of it was a bit different and fairly motivational. A lot was repetitious from what I'd already learned about the IP philosophy of weight loss, and weight loss in general.

I'll give you the Content Page:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

THE KEYS TO LOSING WEIGHT

Preamble: What I know About Beauty and Women - page 11-15

Introduction.... 17 - 21

PART ONE: ENDING THIRTY YEARS OF MISUNDERSTANDING - pgs 23-50

By Way of Preface: Diets are a Pain!
1. Accountable, but not Guilty
2. Is Losing Weight Only a Matter of Willpower?
3. Every Pound Has a Story
4. Weight and Pleasure, the Principle of Connected Vessels
5. Treating Yourself When You Don't Like Yourself
6. Weight loss, a Sacrifice or a Gift?
7. Having or Being?

Conclusion: Finding Yourself Again Through Weight Loss - page 48-50

PART TWO: DIETS - pg 51 - 86

By Way of Preface: Firefighting and Bricklaying are Two different Professions - page 52

1. No opposing Schools of Thought
2. Why do the Pounds Refuse to Come off?
3. Why One Diet Rather than Another?
4. What is the Solution?
5. What are the Steps to follow?
6. The Transition Phases
7. The Second Contract: Weight Stabilization
8. Ending the Criticism that Protein-Sparing Diets are Dangerous

The Weight-Loss Process at a Glance - page 85

PART THREE: UNDERSTANDING YOUR BODY - page 87 - 109

Introduction: If you want to take Part in a Car Rally, You Need to Know Mechanics

Weight Loss Mechanisms - pg 89

1. How Does Weight Loss Occur?
2. Some Facts on Ketone Bodies
3. Insulin Threshold

Your Questions Answered:

1. What is Sugar?
2. Why is Sugar Bad, and why is it wrong to forbid it?
3. the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method: The Begining, the End or an Illusion?
4. what are the Pros and cons of the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method?
5. Do Overly Restrictive Diets Cause More Eating Disorders?
6. Is Water Retention a real or an imagined problem?
7. Is Cellulite a disease?
8. Will physical activity make you lose weight?
9. Can physical activity replace proteins?
10. Comments made
11. Tips for carrying on. - pg. 107

PART FOUR: TRUE STORIES - page 111 through 124

(stories of some individual dieters)

CONCLUSION: page 127
APPENDICES page 129-144
Dieting & Calories
Could protein intake adversely affect your body? page 132
Weight gain and metaboic syndrome: the role of insulin & glucagon - page 134
Calorie Chart page 136
Glycemic Index Table page 141
Foods Permitted during the Weight-Loss Phase page 143
Body Mass Index (BMI) page 144
Glossary - page 145-147
Bibliography - page 148 - 150

As to the leptin supplements, I haven't had time to really delve into it as much as I will, but at this point I think I'm giving up on the idea. I've read comments (just like the one that Patns found) that make me think supplements aren't necessarily the best way to go. Not unless I went to a naturopath or equivalent professional, and got what I considered to be a trustworthy opinion on what was a good supplement. There are too many 'hoaxes' out there and I'm nervous about messing with the balance of my hormones. From what I'm reading I'm feeling more like eventually adapting an eating style that supports leptin supplementation naturally. I ended up buying the ebook version of 'The Leptin Boost Diet' by Dr. Scott Isaacs, and have been reviewing his ideas and basic protocol. I think once a person is at their weight goal, that it wouldn't be too hard to switch over into this leptin-supplementing eating lifestyle. There are a few authors who have written on this subject, and they don't all seem to agree on the best protocol. I definitely need to read more.

Last edited by evepet; 01-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Closed Thread