Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #76  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Ninjanurse it took a really long time for my waist to catch up with the rest of my body also. I couldn't switch to lower sizes because of it, and all my pants had a saggy looking rear. Once my waist decided to cooperate, i started lowering sizes every 15 lbs.

Sneuse....i like using garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in my homemade burgers.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Quick question! Anyone made hamburgers in the skillet, and if so, how did you season them?

I rarely like homemade burgers because they all seem to be lacking in flavor (my dad is a salt and pepper only type) and dry. I figure using a skillet versus the grill will help combat the dryness, but I'm not much a spice/season guru.

Any advice?

Also, would it be weird to make them with a mix of beef and turkey? I tend to do this with taco meat as you can rarely tell, but didn't know if a burger would be more obvious.

Would much appreciate input!
What spices do you like? I use garlic pepper, some lawrys seasoning salt (or Old Bay...I've really come to love Old Bay since I've been on IP) and some Franks Hot sauce to kick it up a notch. Also celery salt works well. I put all my seasonings on the meat before making into a patty, rather than putting on top. I think the season stays in better that way. Sear the outside then cook slowly & don't overcook & it should be moist. Lower fat meat needs lower heat to retain moisture, anyway!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #78  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Quick question! Anyone made hamburgers in the skillet, and if so, how did you season them?

I rarely like homemade burgers because they all seem to be lacking in flavor (my dad is a salt and pepper only type) and dry. I figure using a skillet versus the grill will help combat the dryness, but I'm not much a spice/season guru.

Any advice?

Also, would it be weird to make them with a mix of beef and turkey? I tend to do this with taco meat as you can rarely tell, but didn't know if a burger would be more obvious.

I tend to keep my home made burgers simple...liberal (and I really mean liberal!) salt and pepper mixed into the ground beef before shaping into patties. This gives them more flavor and the salt helps to keep them moist. Turkey tends to have less flavor and is drier than beef, so you may not want to add turkey if your goal is to avoid flavorless and dry burgers. If you do choose to mix beef and turkey, make sure you cook them to well done....ground turkey needs to be cooked to a higher temperature than beef before it is safe to eat.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

All I have been thinking about today is a Big Mac in a bowl!! I cannot wait to try this for supper!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Don't be too frustrated with other people not noticing your weight loss. Nobody noticed on me either (other than my family) until I hit about 50-55 pounds. I kept thinking "I look just as fat as I did when I was so many pounds heavier". But just the other night, I saw a group of friends who I see every month and they told me that it looked like I had just lost all of my weight overnight, that from one month to the next there was such a huge difference. So don't let that discourage you because all of a sudden one day it will be so apparent to everyone that they won't believe it and you'll get noticed by everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I am so so frustrated. I have lost 39lbs. I posted on a page I am on on FB and apparently all my family and friends saw it. While I don't really care, I didn't want to AW for everyone on FB, just sharing with the people in the group. ANYWAY, no one I work with or who has looked at me recently has said, oh you look like you lost weight. Today I dropped off DD and one of the teachers, who is also my friend, commented about the FB post. I opened my coat to show her and she said, oh your jeans are baggy and your face is thinner. All anyone can say if my face is thinner. Did I have 39lbs in my face??
Also it seems like I am not moving our of sizes as fast I what I've seen others do with this weight loss. I am still in size20's and I don't seem to be heading into 18 anytime soon. I am losing inches in my chest, legs and arms. Pretty soon I'll be an abdomen on sticks. I know it's crazy and I am not fishing for compliments, really I am not. I just feel like people still see me the same.
I'm over 56 lbs now and people are just starting to notice. I think it has to do with the amount overweight I was. I still looked so overweight to them, they just didn't see it. (Really, even after I lost a BUNCH of weight, I was still extremely obese. THAT is what others around me saw). For the longest time I got compliments on my new hairdo - which hasn't changed- but helped me realize people were noticing SOMETHING (they just didn't know what - yet).

Today at a work meeting, I wore a new outfit with well-fitting clothes FOUR sizes smaller than when I started (new pics coming). Lots of comments today but it really is the first time at work. Friends who know what I'm doing are sort've looking for it and comment more readily.

I haven't moved out of sizes as quickly as others, either. It is all in how we carry our weight. Since I have that "apron" of low belly fat, it slows down changes in pants size. I had a pretty big inch loss at my last WI (5 total). That is the biggest inch loss I've had at a WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Hi Lisa,
Forgive me for asking this, but I was the one that posted that I will occasionally have a "Zero" label beverage ie, Nestea Zero, which is sweetened with Stevia and much less often Coke Zero. I do not have a coach (only had one for 6 weeks), but I don't see anything on my sheet about no pop, it's not mentioned on there at all? These drinks both meet the 0/0/0 requirement, so wouldn't they just be counted as an extra, why are you calling them a cheat?
It looks like ragdoll answered (thanks!). My clinic would consider diet soda a cheat. I CAN have seltzer water if it doesn't have phosphoric acid. I was given the extra sheets at the beginning about what to avoid and have incorporated it into my plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #81  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Today is day 3 and I have been doing well. Today I just want to eat everything for no reason and I am not even hungry...so I am feeling kind of frustrated. Went into CVS and saw my favorite candy that only comes out at Easter time and I thought I was going to cry. I just quickly left. Kind of want to lock myself in the house where I know I am safe. But that is not realistic. I know this day is almost over and I can overcome the urges. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Today is day 3 and I have been doing well. Today I just want to eat everything for no reason and I am not even hungry...so I am feeling kind of frustrated. Went into CVS and saw my favorite candy that only comes out at Easter time and I thought I was going to cry. I just quickly left. Kind of want to lock myself in the house where I know I am safe. But that is not realistic. I know this day is almost over and I can overcome the urges. Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.
Withdrawal is tough. You are in the right place b/c we have all been through it (some of us many layers of it). Sugar is really as powerful as a drug (I call it a powerful drug). Easter will come again next year and you will get to decide if that candy is worth it after you have your new body.

Once ketosis kicks in really strong, that stuff won't even bother you. Give it time and until then, you're right, it IS best to avoid the hard stuff.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-11-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #83  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Don't be too frustrated with other people not noticing your weight loss. Nobody noticed on me either (other than my family) until I hit about 50-55 pounds. I kept thinking "I look just as fat as I did when I was so many pounds heavier". But just the other night, I saw a group of friends who I see every month and they told me that it looked like I had just lost all of my weight overnight, that from one month to the next there was such a huge difference. So don't let that discourage you because all of a sudden one day it will be so apparent to everyone that they won't believe it and you'll get noticed by everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I am so so frustrated. I have lost 39lbs. I posted on a page I am on on FB and apparently all my family and friends saw it. While I don't really care, I didn't want to AW for everyone on FB, just sharing with the people in the group. ANYWAY, no one I work with or who has looked at me recently has said, oh you look like you lost weight. Today I dropped off DD and one of the teachers, who is also my friend, commented about the FB post. I opened my coat to show her and she said, oh your jeans are baggy and your face is thinner. All anyone can say if my face is thinner. Did I have 39lbs in my face??
Also it seems like I am not moving our of sizes as fast I what I've seen others do with this weight loss. I am still in size20's and I don't seem to be heading into 18 anytime soon. I am losing inches in my chest, legs and arms. Pretty soon I'll be an abdomen on sticks. I know it's crazy and I am not fishing for compliments, really I am not. I just feel like people still see me the same.

Vent over. Off to work.
OK lady. Back away from the ledge. Then read the response I quoted above yours a few times The scale isn't lying, and whether it takes 10lbs or 60lbs for people to REALLY notice when you've lost weight, you know where the numbers are for real. I am taller than you and my weight is distributed differently, and it still took me losing almost 30 pounds before people started asking if my hair was different. 40lbs before people actually noticed that my body was shaped differently. Yes, now people comment every day but I am SIXTY TWO POUNDS down, and only 5-10 from where I will stop. It was a while before I truly could drop down sizes, for me it is my thighs that stay big until the last minute. It will happen, just keep on rockin the diet like you have been!

Quote:

Any advice?

Here's a site with a few homemade spice mixes, I have used the Montreal mix several times and love it!
http://blog.foodnetwork.com/healthye...ill-seasoning/
Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

On the Simply Bar website the Lemon Coconut bar is listed as 16g carbs and 4 g fiber.

On netrition.com it lists 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber.

Does anyone have an actual bar they can look at for me? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 283/268/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Any advice?

We cook hamburgers in a skillet in the winter as well but we only use salt to season them...But, for turkey burgers, I normally saute green peppers and onions, cool the mixture first, then mix it in to the turkey meat before shaping into patties, then cook with a little oil in the pan. My family loves them. I will try it now with just peppers while on IP.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #86  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I really like turkey burgers made with this recipe: http://diettalktoday.com/how-to-jazz...turkey-burger/

I recall Wingnut&me tried the same spice combo on beef during the summer, but can't recall now what her verdict was.

I generally use this recipe and grill them on my Foreman Grill.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #87  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

So great to see all the losses and re-boots! Had my WI Wednesday. Missed the previous week so 3.5 pounds and 2" over the last two weeks. Hit 92.25 pounds and 90.4 inches gone
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
So great to see all the losses and re-boots! Had my WI Wednesday. Missed the previous week so 3.5 pounds and 2" over the last two weeks. Hit 92.25 pounds and 90.4 inches gone

Wow!!! Way to go!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
On the Simply Bar website the Lemon Coconut bar is listed as 16g carbs and 4 g fiber.

On netrition.com it lists 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber.

Does anyone have an actual bar they can look at for me? Thanks!
I noticed this too. I ordered a box off of Amazon after seeing the good reviews from several folks here. The box says 10 g carbs and 4 g fiber, but the actual bar says 16g carbs and 4 g fiber. I use them as a restricted item.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #90  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Another successful WI - down another 2lbs...WhooHoo
Congrats!! We started at just about the same time (I was a bit earlier) and are losing at about the same rate. I'll have to pick up the pace a little, though, to keep up!
Closed Thread