3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   ceasar salad dressing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273123-ceasar-salad-dressing.html)

marnie 01-10-2013 08:06 PM

ceasar salad dressing

anyone have a recipe for ceasar salad?? i have one but i'm not sure if i'm allowed mayo? low fat 3g carb per tbsp??

my dressing had olive oil, mayo, an egg which i don't need to use. lemon juice, warshiresauce, dry mustard and garlic,

NinjaNurse 01-10-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marnie (Post 4585041)
anyone have a recipe for ceasar salad?? i have one but i'm not sure if i'm allowed mayo? low fat 3g carb per tbsp??

my dressing had olive oil, mayo, an egg which i don't need to use. lemon juice, warshiresauce, dry mustard and garlic,

I make a vinegarette with 2tbs WF caesar, 2 (or more:D) cloves of garlic, 1-2 tbs of dijon mustard, juice of 1/2 to1 lemon. Salt, pepper. A few drizzles of Olive Oil. Pulverize it with my immersion blender grinder attachment. YUM YUM.

maezy1 01-10-2013 09:14 PM

Ninja - that sounds wonderful!

chrismprice 01-10-2013 10:10 PM

8 ozs. Zoi Greek yogurt
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. chopped garlic, packed in oil
1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Per ounce- 29 calories 1.4 g carbs

Creamy italian using zoi yogurt and good seasons italian dressing mix and lemon juice or vinegar
Ranch dressing zoi yogurt hidden valley ranch dressing mix and lemon juice

Zoi Traditional Plain yogurt per ounce = 29 calories 1.4 g carbs

I use Zoi traditional plain because of all the greek yogurts I've looked at it is the lowest in carbs and tastes pretty much like sourcream.

I personally can't eat salad without dressing and the taste of walden farms products is abhorrent to me.

tam67green 01-11-2013 01:55 AM

Here's one I have made (makes several servings):

1/4 cup Olive oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Walden Farms mayo
3-4 caps of Apple cider vinegar

I haven't counted the carbs per serving in this one, but for me it's been a nice change from the olive oil and vinegar viniagrette I used at first.

marnie 01-11-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tam67green (Post 4585348)
Here's one I have made (makes several servings):

1/4 cup Olive oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Walden Farms mayo
3-4 caps of Apple cider vinegar

I haven't counted the carbs per serving in this one, but for me it's been a nice change from the olive oil and vinegar viniagrette I used at first.

how many carbs and fat is in your mayo?? only carbs i have in everything in 3g thats my mayo everything has nothing

and you can use that much oil????? how often do you use it do you figure?

scorbett1103 01-11-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrismprice (Post 4585200)
8 ozs. Zoi Greek yogurt
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. chopped garlic, packed in oil
1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Per ounce- 29 calories 1.4 g carbs

Creamy italian using zoi yogurt and good seasons italian dressing mix and lemon juice or vinegar
Ranch dressing zoi yogurt hidden valley ranch dressing mix and lemon juice

Zoi Traditional Plain yogurt per ounce = 29 calories 1.4 g carbs

I use Zoi traditional plain because of all the greek yogurts I've looked at it is the lowest in carbs and tastes pretty much like sourcream.

I personally can't eat salad without dressing and the taste of walden farms products is abhorrent to me.

This is a fantastic recipe for phase 4 - but even in small amounts we shouldn't be using yogurt or other things not listed on the sheet.

tam67green 01-11-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marnie (Post 4585545)
how many carbs and fat is in your mayo?? only carbs i have in everything in 3g thats my mayo everything has nothing

and you can use that much oil????? how often do you use it do you figure?

Walden Farms has no fat and no carbs, that's why I use it. (All Walden Farms products are like that, as far as I know.) I think most of their products have a weird taste, and I would never use it for a sandwich spread or as a major component in anything creamy, but small amounts of it mixed in with other ingredients is OK. That's just MHO, I know there are people out there who like the taste of the Walden Farms products.

No, you can't eat that much oil all at once, but this recipe makes several servings. It makes probably about 1/3 c. of salad dressing, with everything added in. I eat one salad a day, and so it usually lasts me at least a week.

marnie 01-11-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tam67green (Post 4586568)
Walden Farms has no fat and no carbs, that's why I use it. (All Walden Farms products are like that, as far as I know.) I think most of their products have a weird taste, and I would never use it for a sandwich spread or as a major component in anything creamy, but small amounts of it mixed in with other ingredients is OK. That's just MHO, I know there are people out there who like the taste of the Walden Farms products.

No, you can't eat that much oil all at once, but this recipe makes several servings. It makes probably about 1/3 c. of salad dressing, with everything added in. I eat one salad a day, and so it usually lasts me at least a week.

we don't have a store around that isn't 3 hours away. other then ordering them online.