Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #76  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Got my blood work back from my first appointment for the baby. All my stuff was super normal and I already passed my first Gestational Diabetes test. I have been eating phase 2/3 ish and feeling so much better. I am able to make good choices and choose really fresh foods and not be tempted by bad foods. I am glad that my dr gave me encouragement to take carb count still seriously during this pregnancy. It's great to see everyone do so well still OP. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 190/165.5/135

Height: 5'3"

POLL:
How much water do you (honestly) drink a day?
Do you drink Crystal Light and does it affect your progress?

tia
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Got my blood work back from my first appointment for the baby. All my stuff was super normal and I already passed my first Gestational Diabetes test. I have been eating phase 2/3 ish and feeling so much better. I am able to make good choices and choose really fresh foods and not be tempted by bad foods. I am glad that my dr gave me encouragement to take carb count still seriously during this pregnancy. It's great to see everyone do so well still OP. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Congrats to you, you must be so very excited!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

For the people asking about the ketostix, if you must use them, use your first morning urine, it will be a little more concentrated.

8 oz is a cup
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacoffeelady View Post
POLL:

tia
I drink between 120oz on my low days and 200oz plus on my good water days, I do not drink crystal light or anything else in my water usually, occasionally MIO.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #81  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
POLL:

tia
I drink 64-96 oz of straight water/day. I also drink a variety of other things: mint tea, occasionally a cup of coffee, occasionally a diet soda. If I'm not drinking water, I'm probably not drinking much of the other beverages either. So I can't make a water versus other beverages distinction, but if I don't get my fluids in, my progress definitely slows.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #82  

Question Newbie here, hi! :)

Hello!

I started IP last Friday, 1/4. I was thinking of starting right before or after my foot surgery 12/19 and I am glad I waited. I have pins in 3 of my toes on my right foot and they will be there for a total of 6 weeks, during which time I'm keeping it elevated and walking with crutches (and going stir crazy! lol!). It was more of an ordeal than I was expecting so I am glad I waited to start.

The last time I weighed myself was the morning of surgery, and did not weigh again until yesterday (at that point day 5 of the diet) and I am down 10lbs. Yay!!

I have a question, can someone point me to ingredient information for IP products? Well actually wuv2bloved posted nutrtitional info sheets but I can't read them. I have a lot of trouble with gluten, and dairy and soy give me intestinal distress. So I am limiting my IP foods to gluten free, and was assured that although there's dairy ingredients, it's derived in such a way that it should not affect me. I'm thinking it is. Also maybe there's a chance that an item or 2 that they said was gluten free isn't, as I'm having other symptoms besides intestinal distress that I'd typically chalk up to gluten.

This seems like a wonderfully supportive forum! Hope everyone's having a great day. Thanks for your help
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Not restricted. Not good either.
That's funny....I really like it. I add some cauliflower and broccoli and it's like pot pie filling. Anyway....thanks for the info. Much appreciated...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
POLL:

tia
The water is honestly the toughest part of the diet for me. I have to push myself to get in 64 oz. It's a real struggle. And I do drink crystal light here and there when I don't feel like I can stomach any more plain water. I'm going to really try and work on it and get at least 80 to 90 oz in a day.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #85  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Chocoprefection bars are a CANDY BARS. Is is sugar-free, but it is NOT a protein food. I just don't want anyone confusing them for protein bars as alternatives.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #86  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
That's funny....I really like it. I add some cauliflower and broccoli and it's like pot pie filling. Anyway....thanks for the info. Much appreciated...
I'll have to try that! We all love different things. I think I'm one of the few that like the soy patties! But if you fry them lightly in olive oil and coat them with Buffalo Sauce, they are DELISH on a spinach salad
Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #87  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacoffeelady
POLL:
How much water do yo
u (honestly) drink a day?

tia
I drink between 115 and 140 oz a day of water/tea day. Including no more than 2 caffeinated beverages. Occasionally that includes a beverage such as iced tea zero or pop sweetened with stevia. I am not a water drinker, I actually really dislike it, but find that if it is room temp I cfan drink it quickly and that helps. I have used Mio, but currently I am not as I found it spiked my cravings for sugar. At least 48oz of the water I consume is plain water. Fluids are extremely important because they flush the ketones fron your body before they can be used for fuel, which causes your body to burn more fat to create more fuel. I have my best losses when I keep my best water in the range above, but it isn't always easy!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 01-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
POLL:

tia
I have a Camelbak water bottle that is constantly filled throughout the day. I probably drink about 120-160oz a day. I will sometimes have a seltzer water in addition. I have it easy in that I love water, I litterally crave ice cold water!

If you are having problems getting water in try flavoring it with lemon/lime, even ginger root or cinnamon. Also eating spicy food is a great way to down some water quickly
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It's funny how something will remind you of someone, smells, sounds, expressions and sayings. Today on the way to work the sound of the directional reminded me of my grandmother. Grandma had a big blue Chevy with vinyl front seats. I would visit her and my father on vacations. I remember the noise the directional made. I've commented on it many times, it is a very vivid memory, I can see myself sitting in the front seat of her car, no seat belt, and I just remember it being a wonderful time. No idea where we were going and what we were doing. I turned the radio off and put the directional on again as I turned off the interstate because I just wanted to hear that noise some more. It was muffled and not as loud, I am sure it is much the same sensor but it's now buried deeper in the dash and covered with much more padding. I just wanted to share this with you. I love you Grandma and I miss you.
I love that feeling. Makes our loved ones feel so close it's surreal. I enjoyed reading your post.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
POLL:

tia
If I'm LUCKY, I'll drink 64oz. a day. I used to drink over 120oz. a day with crystal light, but I wasn't losing as much weight as I liked, so this past week I've cut it out and found that I've lost more weight (not sure if this is the reason or not), but I also drink less water. I just find it very hard to drink water without any taste in it.
Closed Thread