Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #16  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

It's funny how something will remind you of someone, smells, sounds, expressions and sayings. Today on the way to work the sound of the directional reminded me of my grandmother. Grandma had a big blue Chevy with vinyl front seats. I would visit her and my father on vacations. I remember the noise the directional made. I've commented on it many times, it is a very vivid memory, I can see myself sitting in the front seat of her car, no seat belt, and I just remember it being a wonderful time. No idea where we were going and what we were doing. I turned the radio off and put the directional on again as I turned off the interstate because I just wanted to hear that noise some more. It was muffled and not as loud, I am sure it is much the same sensor but it's now buried deeper in the dash and covered with much more padding. I just wanted to share this with you. I love you Grandma and I miss you.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
STARSEEKER welcome!!!
NOLACHICK I keep that pic on my iphone and look at it every day. I also took the pic of the 5lb of fat. When I get frustrated I just look at those pics and I am so motivated!

Well very rainy icky day in Baton Rouge today....the sky was scary. It went from orange to yellow, then to grey/green then black. I am seeing animals lining up 2 by 2! Praying that our home doesn't flood with the close to 10 inches of rain. NOLA stay safe!
That pic of fat is great - helps keep things in perspective. I also think of hte 5 lbs of sugar and that at 142 (my low wt last summer), I had lost 8 of those. In my mind, I just pile them up and the sheer volume of that just has me in awe...how did I let myself get so fat and not really see the magnitude of that. Scary. Didn't realize that LA was in imminent danger of flooding, fingers crossed for you that flood waters don't appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
Ok so WI last night down 2lbs and 4 in. Not too bad was hoping for more my scale seems more friendly.
That's great. I know we all hope for more because we just want this fat gone and phase 1 over. But the time spent here is important in retraining us to eat better and understand our bodies better. (LOL! Mature of me, eh?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
I am on day 3 and its been rough with the 'blah' feeling..I told myself I would not step on the scale until my WI next Tuesday. Well, I gave in this morning and am down 6lbs! I will go by the clinic's scale, but this was just the little motivational push I needed...AND...I used a ketone strip this morning and appear to be in the swing of ketosis!
Congrats on that loss! Know it won't keep up like that, but early on, it's pretty motivating!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #18  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by karcher View Post
I was wondering if anyone has heard of ChocoPerfection bars? Are they allowed on IP?
It is that TOM and I'm craving chocolate!!!! Chocolate shake for breakfast it was!!! Determined to stay IP
They are not on the list, so they are not allowed

But they are wonderful!!! I have them in maintenance occasionally as they are very expensive.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good Morning everyone!

As the Queen of the 1 lb loss lately, I had to share this picture...
I love this! A good reminder that every pound counts.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

RareBird- Thanks, that is really sweet of you to say.

I checked the sheet yesterday too because of that post about the rutabagas. They are not restricted, but they have 11g carbs per cup. It's probably not something that you would want to eat 4 cups of in a day. I like cooking them with my roasts, and then eat the leftovers for several days in a row. I'm only eating 1 cup worth though, and adding other veggies.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
I am on day 3 and its been rough with the 'blah' feeling..I told myself I would not step on the scale until my WI next Tuesday. Well, I gave in this morning and am down 6lbs! I will go by the clinic's scale, but this was just the little motivational push I needed...AND...I used a ketone strip this morning and appear to be in the swing of ketosis!
I have to ask, what is a ketone strip?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
It's funny how something will remind you of someone, smells, sounds, expressions and sayings. Today on the way to work the sound of the directional reminded me of my grandmother. Grandma had a big blue Chevy with vinyl front seats. I would visit her and my father on vacations. I remember the noise the directional made. I've commented on it many times, it is a very vivid memory, I can see myself sitting in the front seat of her car, no seat belt, and I just remember it being a wonderful time. No idea where we were going and what we were doing. I turned the radio off and put the directional on again as I turned off the interstate because I just wanted to hear that noise some more. It was muffled and not as loud, I am sure it is much the same sensor but it's now buried deeper in the dash and covered with much more padding. I just wanted to share this with you. I love you Grandma and I miss you.
Your story made me smile.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
I have to ask, what is a ketone strip?
I bought them at Walgreens, but you can get them at any drug store. They are urine test strips that measure the amount of ketones your body is excreting (ketosis). Its a good motivator
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #24  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
STARSEEKER welcome!!!
NOLACHICK I keep that pic on my iphone and look at it every day. I also took the pic of the 5lb of fat. When I get frustrated I just look at those pics and I am so motivated!

Well very rainy icky day in Baton Rouge today....the sky was scary. It went from orange to yellow, then to grey/green then black. I am seeing animals lining up 2 by 2! Praying that our home doesn't flood with the close to 10 inches of rain. NOLA stay safe!
I kept pictures of 1 lb of fat which was placed beside a coffee mug, showing that it's about the same size; as well as a picture of 5 lbs of fat shown beside a bunch of bricks, showing that it's the same weight, on my fridge all through my dieting process last year. Once I hit the -50 lbs I took the 5 lb picture away but still have 1 lb/coffee mug picture there as a constant reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Good (late)morning everyone! I still haven't figured how to reply to more than one person in a post (even though I read the tip), SOOO...

StarSeeker Welcome and good luck! There's no reason not to be successful with all the help and support here.

Ragdoll74 Belated Happy Birthday! You always seem to find the time to reply to posts that don't generally get noticed and you're such a help. I really appreciate your comments.

Nitney72 and Chloe222 Congrats on the losses!

Nolawhodatchick Thanks for putting "one pound" into perspective. The images I used to store in my head were a pound of butter, or 5 pounds of sugar, and those were encouraging too.

I think it was on this thread yesterday (but it's getting hard to keep track of what I read where), that someone said rutabagas were on the restricted vegetables list (so twice a week), but the handout I have says they are select and so are allowed each day. Does anyone know which is correct?

Also, I know people juggle allowed items in a day (like some animal protein at lunch instead of all at night). What about juggling items within the week? What I mean is, does it matter if I have an allowed portion of tomatoes twice a week, or if I have 3 or 4 grape tomatoes daily in a salad? Does that work, or if eaten daily do they affect glycemic load?
I know that I checked the info re rutabagas and turnips yesterday, in response to nolawhodatchick's question. My sheet shows rutabagas as part of the Occasional group. As to your second question re spreading the Occasional veg allottment over more than the 2 days allowed - not sure about that - I always just use it on those 2 days. Maybe someone else will respond.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has heard of ChocoPerfection bars? Are they allowed on IP?
It is that TOM and I'm craving chocolate!!!! Chocolate shake for breakfast it was!!! Determined to stay IP
I just took the time to google the ChocoPerfection bar, and found this one at lowcarbcanada.com... not sure if it's the one you're thinking of? If so, I wouldn't recommend it as an alternative.

ChocoPerfection - Dark Almond European Chocolate

Nutrition Facts: per 1 Bar (50 g) Calories 210 Fat 12g Saturated Fat 10g TransFat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 10mg Carbohydrate 16g Fiber 13g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohol 8g Protein 4g

IMO far too high in fat and calories to be a good alternative to the IP protein bars, which have a range between 3-7g/bar. Protein is also waaay too low, as most IP bars have 15g/bar.
FYI, here's a like to a spreadsheet that shows the nutritional values of many of the IP food items - handy to use for comparison if/when you're contemplating a product to use as an alternative.
http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...act-Sheet2.pdf
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #25  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Traveling for the holidays, missed 3 weigh ins...been very sick for the past 5 days...Lost 8 pounds over the 3 week period. IP is amazing! The inches are melting away too. Thank y'all for all of the encouragement and cheering on that you do! Jan
Old 01-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Nope not allowed on IP.

If it wouldn't qualify as an IP packet (12-18g protein, under 200 calories, less than 30% calories from fat, less than 20 net carbs), or isn't on your Protocol sheet, it has to be 0 fat, 0 carbs, and 0 sugars. Every flavor of those bars I saw had at least 17g fat, and NONE of them had enough protein to count as a packet.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #27  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
RareBird- Thanks, that is really sweet of you to say.

I checked the sheet yesterday too because of that post about the rutabagas. They are not restricted, but they have 11g carbs per cup. It's probably not something that you would want to eat 4 cups of in a day. I like cooking them with my roasts, and then eat the leftovers for several days in a row. I'm only eating 1 cup worth though, and adding other veggies.
Maybe I have an outdated sheet? Sorry if I mislead anyone, as on my sheet it's listed as an Occasional. Like you, I generally just use it (or turnip for that matter) when I'm cooking pork loin chops or roasts, then I like to put them in with it. I'd find it difficult to eat more than 1 cup at a time too. Plus, they're pretty carbie.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
When I took a quick look at the nutritional information (if these are the right bars: http://chocoperfection.com/) They only have between 0 and 4 grams of protein. That is really low. Most IP stuff has 12 or more grams of protein. So, I personally would not use them.

Good luck.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Maybe I have an outdated sheet? Sorry if I mislead anyone, as on my sheet it's listed as an Occasional. Like you, I generally just use it (or turnip for that matter) when I'm cooking pork loin chops or roasts, then I like to put them in with it. I'd find it difficult to eat more than 1 cup at a time too. Plus, they're pretty carbie.
This was actually a head-scratcher from another thread. On the protocol sheet that is posted in the Newbie thread (from June 2012), rutabaga is listed as a Selected veggie. BUUUUT Swede is listed as an Occasional veggie. Rutabaga and Swede are the same thing, literally. A rutabaga is a Swedish (or Swede) turnip.

I think this is one where you just have to use your own judgement. If you find that it doesn't affect your losses to have them often, go for it. If you find you're sensitive to the higher carbs, use them as an occasional.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
Ok so WI last night down 2lbs and 4 in. Not too bad was hoping for more my scale seems more friendly.
That is great. Weighing in at night usually has me up about 3 lbs from my home scale weigh ins in the mornings.

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for the picture. That is a great reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning everybody! I weighed in this morning on my home scale as I will no longer be visiting my coach. It looks like I am down 2.2 lbs. I'll take it, even if it is a different scale.

Last night I made beef fajitas...I used Napa cabbage leaves in place of tortillas and it was wonderful!!! I had a beef roast that I marinated in homemade spice marinade and slow cooked in my big cast iron pot. Then I shredded the beef and sauteed some bell peppers, leeks and mushrooms in a skillet. I didn't even miss the tortilla or the cheese! Yummy!

Hope everybody has a great day!! ;P
That is a great idea. I have been craving tacos. I will have to try doing something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitney72 View Post
Good morning!

I'm sitting here annoyed and a little weepy- payed tuition bill for the classes my HS senior is taking online from Syracuse University as he prepares to go off to school this August. I'm not ready for this.

On a diet note- I'm down 3 pounds since last Thursday!! I am 100% OP an ready to get to phase 2 (thinking by the end of February) and start exercising and toning up my arse.

Have a great day everyone!
Wooo hooo 3 lbs! Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSeeker View Post
I am new to IP. I LOVE this plan. My husband is doing it with me! Whoo hoo for us! I have about 30 to lose, he has about 50. We started Monday and so far, so good with one bout of fatigue last night on my part and 2 bouts of nausea on his part that we rectified with an additional shake.

Can't wait to weigh in on Monday! This looks like a great place to share and find motivating tips!
Welcome aboard. It is great your husband is doing it too. My mother and father did IP together and both lost about 40 lbs in 3 months. It is great to have a partner.

I have not posted much lately. It seems like there are so many posts by the time I log in. It is great to see all the awesome loses and all the new faces. I hope everyone has a great OP week!
Closed Thread