Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Got my blood work back from my first appointment for the baby. All my stuff was super normal and I already passed my first Gestational Diabetes test. I have been eating phase 2/3 ish and feeling so much better. I am able to make good choices and choose really fresh foods and not be tempted by bad foods. I am glad that my dr gave me encouragement to take carb count still seriously during this pregnancy. It's great to see everyone do so well still OP. Have a wonderful day everyone.
So glad everything is going well. I had GD and followed the diabetic diet of counting carbs. I lost weight, felt fabulous, and my daughter weighed 6.13oz 19 1/2inches long. Perfect.

Such an exciting time for you!!! Keep us posted!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 149.2/145.2/125. -5 inches

Height: 5' 3"

It made me smile too!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #108  

OK, not sure I posted my reply correctly, but love the story about the sound for the "directionals". I miss my grandmother too and there are little things that bring her back so vividly! Thanks for the smiles.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #109  

A few questions as I have heard differently from different people doing IP at diff. locations. 1) Some coaches say it is ok when hungry first few days to have an extra veggie between, others say no, drink a protein drink. I had Cauliflower Fried Rice today at 3pm as I was feeling a bit hypoglycemic. Not sure if i sabotaged and should have had a shake? Or a 1/2 of shake? 2) Can we have the 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 fat drink mix that is similar to crystal light but has no cals. Crystal light has 5 calories per serving, but I found a brand that has nothing. 3) Poland Springs Seltzer Water with 0 carbs, o sugar, etc. OK? 4) I had an extra cup of coffee tonight with skim milk (had one this am too). I drank an extra water, but it had the extra skim milk. Is this going to delay ketosis? I just finished day 4 today. Hope I am not screwing up here. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #110  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSeeker View Post
A few questions as I have heard differently from different people doing IP at diff. locations. 1) Some coaches say it is ok when hungry first few days to have an extra veggie between, others say no, drink a protein drink. I had Cauliflower Fried Rice today at 3pm as I was feeling a bit hypoglycemic. Not sure if i sabotaged and should have had a shake? Or a 1/2 of shake? 2) Can we have the 0 calorie 0 sugar 0 fat drink mix that is similar to crystal light but has no cals. Crystal light has 5 calories per serving, but I found a brand that has nothing. 3) Poland Springs Seltzer Water with 0 carbs, o sugar, etc. OK? 4) I had an extra cup of coffee tonight with skim milk (had one this am too). I drank an extra water, but it had the extra skim milk. Is this going to delay ketosis? I just finished day 4 today. Hope I am not screwing up here. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
There are tools on plan to combat hunger:
-Lettuce is unlimited (Romaine, iceberg, boston/butter lettuce). Use and abuse it if you're hungry. On my hungry days I can eat 2 or 3 lettuce only salads easily.
- 2 egg whites can be eaten once per day as a "Freebie" - nutritionally they meet the 0/0/0 rule without many calories added. Sometimes adding them to the omelet mix, or making an egg white omelet snack can be just the boost you need.
- hot drinks - for some reason they seem to fill you up better than cold drinks.

Re: drink mixes, low versus no calorie doesn't matter nearly as much as whether it is 0 carbs 0 sugars 0 fats. The one thing to watch for is whether the mix is sweetened with aspartame, which can actually trigger cravings and are just all around bad for your body. Many people on here have used Crystal light, Mio, and other drinks/drink mixes with no issues.

RE: the extra milk. Realistically, doing that isn't going to tank all of your hard work so far. HOWEVER, when you start pushing the limits of the restrictions, it has a nasty way of leaving that door open for other "cheats" or "mistakes". Everyone has to find a way to make this diet tolerable for them, but I am of the mindset that there is a reason for why we can and can't do certain things, so my best effort means following the plan to a T. I love my coffee too, but I started using the Vanilla protein shake as my "creamer" as opposed to using milk once and then having to drink it black the rest of the day.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #111  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There are tools on plan to combat hunger:
-Lettuce is unlimited (Romaine, iceberg, boston/butter lettuce). Use and abuse it if you're hungry. On my hungry days I can eat 2 or 3 lettuce only salads easily.
- 2 egg whites can be eaten once per day as a "Freebie" - nutritionally they meet the 0/0/0 rule without many calories added. Sometimes adding them to the omelet mix, or making an egg white omelet snack can be just the boost you need.
- hot drinks - for some reason they seem to fill you up better than cold drinks.

Re: drink mixes, low versus no calorie doesn't matter nearly as much as whether it is 0 carbs 0 sugars 0 fats. The one thing to watch for is whether the mix is sweetened with aspartame, which can actually trigger cravings and are just all around bad for your body. Many people on here have used Crystal light, Mio, and other drinks/drink mixes with no issues.

RE: the extra milk. Realistically, doing that isn't going to tank all of your hard work so far. HOWEVER, when you start pushing the limits of the restrictions, it has a nasty way of leaving that door open for other "cheats" or "mistakes". Everyone has to find a way to make this diet tolerable for them, but I am of the mindset that there is a reason for why we can and can't do certain things, so my best effort means following the plan to a T. I love my coffee too, but I started using the Vanilla protein shake as my "creamer" as opposed to using milk once and then having to drink it black the rest of the day.
Ahhhhh Thanks for the great information. I have not had any cravings which is amazing. I had this odd slump today and couldn't concentrate to get my documenting done (I am an Hospice Nurse). It was amazing how the Cauliflower Fried Rice with the Crystal lite type drink 0/0/0 did the trick. Tonight we were having our snack (raspberry crunch bar) and I just wanted a cup of coffee with it so added the skim milk. I suppose I could have had it black just as well. I then downed extra water later per my coach's recommendation. I love this plan and look forward to my first WI. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
So....to continue to with the water question....those of you that say "no crystal light" do you think it affects your progress or do you just not care for it? I like to break up the water with it once in a while but I have to admit, I feel like I'm cheating. My counselor said that it was fine...have you all got different information?
My clinic allows us to have the '4C' drinks - one serving per day, or one little packet per day. Those are sweetened with Splenda, so they are allowed (per my clinic). We are not allowed to have Crystal Light d/t the aspartame.

In the beginning, I used to fill a Nalgene water bottle with 1L of water and add one little packet, which would fulfill my sweet tooth for the day, although it was still dilute. I found that it didn't hurt my losses, but MIO did hurt my losses.

Now, I don't use it or feel that I need it to help me get the water in. Since it's been cold and wintry, I do mostly hot herbal tea during the day, like 3-4 large mugs of it in addition to room temperature bottled water.
Closed Thread