Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #91  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Got my blood work back from my first appointment for the baby. All my stuff was super normal and I already passed my first Gestational Diabetes test. I have been eating phase 2/3 ish and feeling so much better. I am able to make good choices and choose really fresh foods and not be tempted by bad foods. I am glad that my dr gave me encouragement to take carb count still seriously during this pregnancy. It's great to see everyone do so well still OP. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Contrats again! I had gestational diabetes with my first child and was able to control it with carb counting and I only gained 17 pounds with him. I hope you continue to have an amazing pregnancy and so proud of you for continuing your healthy eating.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I got my 1st shipment from Nashua Nutrition today. Excited to try them tomorrow. My coach told me last week that when I get to maintenance they give their dieters a list of alternative foods that we can use. And we get to buy 6 boxes of food per month in maintenance if we want.
Sneaky buggers!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #93  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
The water is honestly the toughest part of the diet for me. I have to push myself to get in 64 oz. It's a real struggle. And I do drink crystal light here and there when I don't feel like I can stomach any more plain water. I'm going to really try and work on it and get at least 80 to 90 oz in a day.
I'm right there with you WyoGirl. I do far better drinking water right before bedtime - which is not condusive to a good night's sleep! But sleep is overrated (I can see replies now - I know - I'm kidding - sleep is important but so is water!) Oh yah, Mio maybe once a month for me. No Crystal light. I do put lemon juice in maybe once a day... gives it some bite.

Last edited by Halfagain; 01-10-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

So....to continue to with the water question....those of you that say "no crystal light" do you think it affects your progress or do you just not care for it? I like to break up the water with it once in a while but I have to admit, I feel like I'm cheating. My counselor said that it was fine...have you all got different information?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #95  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
So....to continue to with the water question....those of you that say "no crystal light" do you think it affects your progress or do you just not care for it? I like to break up the water with it once in a while but I have to admit, I feel like I'm cheating. My counselor said that it was fine...have you all got different information?
Some people are sensative to the aspartame in it. It can cause cravings (head hunger I start looking for carby sweet stuff though usually not realy hungry) for me, or it seems to. I just avoid aspartame all together.

Last edited by Halfagain; 01-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Lots of folks and coaches say no crystal light. Some also say its ok in moderation. I use it in moderation. I have stopped using it a few times for 3+ weeks at a time to see if it was impacting my losses, and I personally see no difference. So I decided for myself, it is ok to use sparingly. At first I used it almost daily because I was having trouble getting my water in and it helped. But now I only use maybe 1 day a week as most days I don't have trouble drinking all my water. I also tried MIO for a week...it was a very slow loss week (maybe coincidence) but I didn't like the taste.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #97  
Started IP on 12/31/2013

S/C/G: 257/244/180

Height: 5'5"

Default On week 2, but still hungry...?

Hi everyone. I am on week 2 and doing very well. I have no reason to believe I am not in ketosis as I have not cheated at all.

I tend to get hungry mid morning and mid afternoon. I thought ketosis was supposed to make you not hungry anymore.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barb
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacoffeelady View Post
POLL:
How much water do you (honestly) drink a day?
Do you drink Crystal Light and does it affect your progress?

tia
I only count 80oz but often drink more. I sometimes have herbal tea but not everyday.

To get your water in, I recommend 2 glasses of water every time you eat. Breakfast, two snacks, lunch and supper. It helps with digestion especially if you are bloated from eating too much fibre.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbMomof3 View Post
Hi everyone. I am on week 2 and doing very well. I have no reason to believe I am not in ketosis as I have not cheated at all.

I tend to get hungry mid morning and mid afternoon. I thought ketosis was supposed to make you not hungry anymore.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barb
Hey Barb, I have been on IP since 10/1 and still have times when i get hungry during the day. I have lost 53 lbs so far. I use tea, water and egg whites (fried) to fill the void. I have figured out how to spread the food out to reduce the hunger more. Right now I think Im hungry becuz Im home healing from surgery and BORED stiff! Stick with it and it will get better and you will learn how to adjust your food so hopefully those hunger pangs will go away
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUp Grasshopper View Post
Hello!

I started IP last Friday, 1/4. I was thinking of starting right before or after my foot surgery 12/19 and I am glad I waited. I have pins in 3 of my toes on my right foot and they will be there for a total of 6 weeks, during which time I'm keeping it elevated and walking with crutches (and going stir crazy! lol!). It was more of an ordeal than I was expecting so I am glad I waited to start.

The last time I weighed myself was the morning of surgery, and did not weigh again until yesterday (at that point day 5 of the diet) and I am down 10lbs. Yay!!

I have a question, can someone point me to ingredient information for IP products? Well actually wuv2bloved posted nutrtitional info sheets but I can't read them. I have a lot of trouble with gluten, and dairy and soy give me intestinal distress. So I am limiting my IP foods to gluten free, and was assured that although there's dairy ingredients, it's derived in such a way that it should not affect me. I'm thinking it is. Also maybe there's a chance that an item or 2 that they said was gluten free isn't, as I'm having other symptoms besides intestinal distress that I'd typically chalk up to gluten.

This seems like a wonderfully supportive forum! Hope everyone's having a great day. Thanks for your help
We had surgery on the same day!!! Ive been IP for a few months but I know how you feel sitting around and healing. I am about to climb the walls!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barb
Hi Barb-

Actually you have VERY GOOD reason to believe you are in ketosis, as you are on week two of the program and you haven't cheated. I think sometimes the hunger is there early on as the body is still trying to adjust, even in ketosis...at least it was that way for me. And I'm pretty sure I was in ketosis. The ketone medical strips sure said I was...and just to clarify, I don't advocate using ketone strips to figure out if you are in ketosis as they can give false negatives due to diluted urine from the water we drink. I only used them because I was monitoring for other medical issues and the medical strip measures 12 different medical signs including ketones. Basically, just trust the plan, not a stick. You are doing great, and hang in there, the hunger will pass. It takes a bit longer for the hungry feeling to pass for some folks than for others, I was one for whom it took longer. Remember you can eat two egg whites for "free" every day on the plan, they helped me greatly. And you can eat unlimited lettuce, it also helped. Plus sugar free gum helped me, though you might want to check with your coach on that as different coaches have different rules. Hope the hungry passes soon!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Contrats again! I had gestational diabetes with my first child and was able to control it with carb counting and I only gained 17 pounds with him. I hope you continue to have an amazing pregnancy and so proud of you for continuing your healthy eating.
I had gestational diabetes too with my only child, it was hard to control, she weighed 11 lbs. She is now almost 29 yrs old. I have never had trouble with sugar after she was born.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #103  
Started IP on 12/31/2013

S/C/G: 257/244/180

Default On week 2, but still hungry...?

Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement and advice. I had actually forgotten about the egg whites. Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?

Barb
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #104  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Got my blood work back from my first appointment for the baby. All my stuff was super normal and I already passed my first Gestational Diabetes test. I have been eating phase 2/3 ish and feeling so much better. I am able to make good choices and choose really fresh foods and not be tempted by bad foods. I am glad that my dr gave me encouragement to take carb count still seriously during this pregnancy. It's great to see everyone do so well still OP. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Awesome!!! So glad that IP gave you solid ground to work from while you're growing that little person

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUp Grasshopper View Post
Hello!

I have a question, can someone point me to ingredient information for IP products? Well actually wuv2bloved posted nutrtitional info sheets but I can't read them. I have a lot of trouble with gluten, and dairy and soy give me intestinal distress. So I am limiting my IP foods to gluten free, and was assured that although there's dairy ingredients, it's derived in such a way that it should not affect me. I'm thinking it is. Also maybe there's a chance that an item or 2 that they said was gluten free isn't, as I'm having other symptoms besides intestinal distress that I'd typically chalk up to gluten.

This seems like a wonderfully supportive forum! Hope everyone's having a great day. Thanks for your help
IF you go to www.plainprotein.com (they sell IP products), each product description includes a shot of the side nutrition panel, I believe in just about all of them you can see the ingredients list too.

Quote:
I used Crystal Light a lot in the beginning - it was either make the water taste good, or not drink enough water. It never affected my losses. I cut way back, but more because my taste buds changed and I didn't need the strong flavors of the CL anymore.

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Barb
In looking at your stats, you have quite a bit to lose for your height - you may be feeling true hunger, not necessarily that you aren't in ketosis but just that your body needs more nourishment! One way to make sure it's really hunger and not thirst or "Mental" hunger, drink a big glass of water or hot tea. Wait 20 minutes or so. If the hunger feelings go away, it wasn't really hunger.

If you do find yourself dealing with TRUE hunger there are a few things you can do:
- use the unlimited lettuce to your advantage. When I have my hungry days, I eat 2 or 3 lettuce-only salads in between meals. Sometimes just chewing some food helps satiate me.
- You can have 2 egg whites per day as a "freebie" (nutritionally, 2 egg whites meets the 0 carb/0 fat/0 sugar rule for anything not on your sheet, and they don't add much in the way of calories). Add it to your breakfast, or make a small egg white omelet as a snack.
- If the hunger is consistent and nothing else works, try having one extra packet per day for a week. If things improve, you may just need the extra nutrition from a full packet.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #105  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Hey everyone, got a late start on the lurking - hope y'all had a great OP day! I've been crazy busy lately, time to catch up on my other favorite threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Stay OP today! Just remember that every day you stay 100%, that's one less day you have to wait to eat those delicious Phase 3 breakfasts!
Those Breakfasts are worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
Thanks. I may try them for fun but, now I won't get frustrated if I don't register high.
You should NEVER EVER register as "High" on those sticks - if you are that means you are not drinking enough water and your ketones aren't getting flushed. Stick with the sheet and don't worry about urinating all over your hands.

Quote:
That's wonderful news Tigerlvr! I am so happy for you, I started this journey with baby #2 on the brain so it just warms my heart to hear how well things are going! I agree that IP really does help us learn to make healthy choices, for you and little Tiger.

Last edited by LizRR; 01-10-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Closed Thread