Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #31  
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,770

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This was actually a head-scratcher from another thread. On the protocol sheet that is posted in the Newbie thread (from June 2012), rutabaga is listed as a Selected veggie. BUUUUT Swede is listed as an Occasional veggie. Rutabaga and Swede are the same thing, literally. A rutabaga is a Swedish (or Swede) turnip.

I think this is one where you just have to use your own judgement. If you find that it doesn't affect your losses to have them often, go for it. If you find you're sensitive to the higher carbs, use them as an occasional.
Thx scorbett - I only eat about 1 cup of them twice a week anyway, but I'd hate to accidentally mislead someone else.
evepet is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #32  
Member
 
Breezy414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
This was actually a head-scratcher from another thread. On the protocol sheet that is posted in the Newbie thread (from June 2012), rutabaga is listed as a Selected veggie. BUUUUT Swede is listed as an Occasional veggie. Rutabaga and Swede are the same thing, literally. A rutabaga is a Swedish (or Swede) turnip.

I think this is one where you just have to use your own judgement. If you find that it doesn't affect your losses to have them often, go for it. If you find you're sensitive to the higher carbs, use them as an occasional.
I started on 1/8/13 for the first time and this is what my sheet says too.
Breezy414 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #33  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default WI day

LOL
My crazy wii fit told me last nite I weighed 185.2 and this morning it said 178.4. I was pretty sure I hadn't entered onderland and COMPLETELY SKIPPED the 190s! (and then lost 6.8 lbs overnite!). Tonite I'm moving it to another room with a hard floor, instead of carpet.

So, my (MUCH MORE REALISTIC) WI today: - 4.2, which is pretty in-line with my typical weight losses over a 2+week period (this was 17 days). Best yet...a whopping 5". Inches have been slower to come off from measured areas for me so this feels like a whoosh!

NSV: I have NEVER EVER in my life returned from vacation SMALLER than I left! Vacation was always a sure weight GAIN!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-10-2013 at 12:22 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #34  
Senior Member
 
Nolawhodatchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Maybe I have an outdated sheet? Sorry if I mislead anyone, as on my sheet it's listed as an Occasional. Like you, I generally just use it (or turnip for that matter) when I'm cooking pork loin chops or roasts, then I like to put them in with it. I'd find it difficult to eat more than 1 cup at a time too. Plus, they're pretty carbie.
I just researched it a bit more, and it appears that rutabaga was moved from the "Occasional" list to the "Select" list in a 2011 mid-year revision to the Phase 1 sheet. It looks like there are still several internet copies of and links to the older Phase 1 sheet floating around, hence the confusion. I also was looking at an old copy where it was listed as "occassional" but I thought I had read here it was technically unrestricted, although many folks still said they would only do it occasionally because of the carb count. If you follow the current updated Phase 1 sheet, though, is indeed a select (up to 4 cups daily allowed) veggie.
Nolawhodatchick is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,798

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
LOL
My crazy wii fit told me last nite I weighed 185.2 and this morning it said 178.4. I was pretty sure I hadn't entered onderland and COMPLETELY SKIPPED the 190s! (and then lost 6.8 lbs overnite!). Tonite I'm moving it to another room with a hard floor, instead of carpet.

So, my (MUCH MORE REALISTIC) WI today: - 4.2, which is pretty in-line with my typical weight losses over a 2+week period (this was 17 days). Best yet...a whopping 5". Inches have been slower to come off from measured areas for me so this feels like a whoosh!

NSV: I have NEVER EVER in my life returned from vacation SMALLER than I left! Vacation was always a sure weight GAIN!
Great job!!!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #36  
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,770

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I just researched it a bit more, and it appears that rutabaga was moved from the "Occasional" list to the "Select" list in a 2011 mid-year revision to the Phase 1 sheet. It looks like there are still several internet copies of and links to the older Phase 1 sheet floating around, hence the confusion. I also was looking at an old copy where it was listed as "occassional" but I thought I had read here it was technically unrestricted, although many folks still said they would only do it occasionally because of the carb count. If you follow the current updated Phase 1 sheet, though, is indeed a select (up to 4 cups daily allowed) veggie.
Thanks Nolawhodatchick.
evepet is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #37  
Senior Member
 
sahmmommy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 324

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default

Nolawhodatchick - Awesome reminder of just how much fat is in a pound!

RareBird - To quote multiple people, click on the double quote icon in the lower right hand corner of each person's quote. It should turn red. When you're all done selecting people's quotes, hit the main post reply button and that should do it for you.

Breezy414 - Hang in there. When I first started, I told myself I would give it 100% for a month and see what happened. That was October, and I haven't looked back. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined being this close to my goal this fast. YOU CAN DO IT! Oh, and stay away from the Ketone strips, they are VERY innacurate. A lot of times, they give false negatives on this diet due to the large amounts of water we drink. They will drive you crazy. Just follow the sheet and don't stress!

Lisa - AWESOME LOSS! You are rocking this diet! I LOVE your NSV too. Who can say they came back from vacation smaller....LISA CAN!

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 01-10-2013 at 12:29 PM.
sahmmommy2 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #38  
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,821

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good Day Peeps,

A nice break in upstate NY today, a little warmer and a little sunshine. I will take it!

Love that visual "fat", I will have to print one out. Have a wonderful day
Bellamack is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #39  
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 653

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Default

Happy Thursday, everyone! I've been thinking today about the fact that (theoretically, at least) I'm about halfway along on my weight loss. That said, my WI numbers yesterday still show that I have a long way to go, IMO, in regard to fat percentage. Although it's come down a bit, it's not even close to where I'd like it to be. For those of you who have tracked your fat percentage as well as your weight loss, did they both come down at about the same rate? I'm wondering whether I'll suddenly start losing more fat, or if perhaps I have my weight goal too high ... Or if I just need to start exercising.

I'd appreciate your thoughts...
bubbleblower is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #40  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I just researched it a bit more, and it appears that rutabaga was moved from the "Occasional" list to the "Select" list in a 2011 mid-year revision to the Phase 1 sheet. It looks like there are still several internet copies of and links to the older Phase 1 sheet floating around, hence the confusion. I also was looking at an old copy where it was listed as "occassional" but I thought I had read here it was technically unrestricted, although many folks still said they would only do it occasionally because of the carb count. If you follow the current updated Phase 1 sheet, though, is indeed a select (up to 4 cups daily allowed) veggie.
Rutabaga is on the select list (June 2012) but swede is on occasional. THAT is the head-scratcher b/c they are the SAME THING! I'm emailing my coach on this one.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #41  
Senior Member
 
Nolawhodatchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Rutabaga is on the select list (June 2012) but swede is on occasional. THAT is the head-scratcher b/c they are the SAME THING! I'm emailing my coach on this one.
I suppose if you like them, then call them a rutabaga and eat them. If you are concerned, however, about the carbs, or don't like them, then call the a Swede and stay away! lol Let us know what she says.
Nolawhodatchick is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #42  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Happy Thursday, everyone! I've been thinking today about the fact that (theoretically, at least) I'm about halfway along on my weight loss. That said, my WI numbers yesterday still show that I have a long way to go, IMO, in regard to fat percentage. Although it's come down a bit, it's not even close to where I'd like it to be. For those of you who have tracked your fat percentage as well as your weight loss, did they both come down at about the same rate? I'm wondering whether I'll suddenly start losing more fat, or if perhaps I have my weight goal too high ... Or if I just need to start exercising.
Get in your walks or other gentle exercise. Trust the protocol. Fat % will change more in maintenance when you can increase the power of workouts & build muscle. Baby steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I suppose if you like them, then call them a rutabaga and eat them. If you are concerned, however, about the carbs, or don't like them, then call the a Swede and stay away!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
I have to ask, what is a ketone strip?
I know one person called them a good motivator but I'd like to warn you. If you're drinking all of your water, ketones register very lightly (or not at all) and many IPers find them MORE frustrating than helpful b/c they think they're not in ketosis when they are! We flush a lot of ketones b/c of all the water we drink and they don't register on the strips.
If you follow the sheet 100%, you don't need strips. You'll be in ketosis and your weekly weigh-ins will tell the story

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-10-2013 at 01:10 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #43  
Senior Member
 
Bellamack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,821

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Happy Thursday, everyone! I've been thinking today about the fact that (theoretically, at least) I'm about halfway along on my weight loss. That said, my WI numbers yesterday still show that I have a long way to go, IMO, in regard to fat percentage. Although it's come down a bit, it's not even close to where I'd like it to be. For those of you who have tracked your fat percentage as well as your weight loss, did they both come down at about the same rate? I'm wondering whether I'll suddenly start losing more fat, or if perhaps I have my weight goal too high ... Or if I just need to start exercising.

I'd appreciate your thoughts...
Because we don't exercise vigorously, your fat will be a little behind and remeber too (don't get mad at me) the way that fat is measured is very inaccurate, the only "true" fat measurement is with H20 submersion. I know people who are very fit at 150 lbs and others who are "fatty", so don't lose sleep over the "fat %"
Bellamack is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #44  
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Happy Thursday, everyone! I've been thinking today about the fact that (theoretically, at least) I'm about halfway along on my weight loss. That said, my WI numbers yesterday still show that I have a long way to go, IMO, in regard to fat percentage. Although it's come down a bit, it's not even close to where I'd like it to be. For those of you who have tracked your fat percentage as well as your weight loss, did they both come down at about the same rate? I'm wondering whether I'll suddenly start losing more fat, or if perhaps I have my weight goal too high ... Or if I just need to start exercising.

I'd appreciate your thoughts...
The fat percentage on those body composition scales are not 100% accurate, so keep that in mind when you see large swings in %body fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I suppose if you like them, then call them a rutabaga and eat them. If you are concerned, however, about the carbs, or don't like them, then call the a Swede and stay away! lol Let us know what she says.
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #45  
Hard Working Newbie
 
Unwaver1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 74

S/C/G: 377/251/180

Default

Happy Thursday,

I am pretending sensory deprivation today. Everyone around me is feasting on pasta and garlic bread. Decent leftover Jicama Skillet for me, but I an unreasonably annoyed with the food around me.

Does anyone see a counselor or therapist aside from their coach? I know it is a personal question so feel free to message me privately if this is something we can connect about.

Stay strong and enjoy your day!

~Jenni
Unwaver1ng is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday, January 3, 2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 108 01-04-2013 01:12 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.