Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
Shanco, Amazing! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

That's terrific as is the C25K you're doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ragdoll! (belated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I'm home sick to day...yuck. I needed something solid for breakfast so I had two egg white scrabbled eggs with WF strawberry jam, chased down with ID chocolate drink. I feel better already
Interesting combo, think I'll try that, what exactly did you do? Fry 2 egg whites and top with strawberry jam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post

I figured after six months I'd be over my distaste for those things, but I'm beginning to think that's not the case. The minute I sit down and smell the food, I get sick. Even steak, which is usually something I LOVE to eat.
Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now . Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.
Kiley,
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?
I always freeze on IP, it happens right after drinking all the cold water.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #62  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.
Happy birthday! I cross the line to 39 in 10 days myself...I also was 29 for quite a few birthdays, figured this year I had to up it a bit...so I'm really 32 for the 7th time

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Had my WI last night and am down - get this - 18.7lbs in one week. Yowza. Just goes to show how much of my insane gain was water and salt from all the badness. Exceedingly important lesson learned! I wasn't expecting it to come off this quickly and I know this won't continue but I am so grateful I can't even begin to explain it. And I feel like a new person - just much healthier and less gross overall.
That is incredible! And you really have a great mental handle on this - it probably WAS mostly water and salt gain from eating freely. Amazing what happens when we try to go back to everyone else's version of "normal" eating You have got this in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........
Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?
Honestly, the tiredness I would say was likely due to being on the diet - but if your throat is closing up I would call your doctor and let them know what happened. That almost sounds like an allergic reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycht View Post
Hi All!

Had my at home week #1 weigh in today and lost 8 pounds! I was shooting for 10 but I will take 8 :-P I did not do starting measurements so I will do that this evening. Congrats to all the other people who have listed their scale successes - 13 and 18 pound losses are AWESOME!
Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now . Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.
Woo hoo!!! If you are planning on running some 5ks this year, we are getting a big group together to run the Diva Dash in September - if you're on FB I can send you an invite to the event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?
Totally normal
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #63  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy

Thanks scorbett! That's a nice compliment - but I think those other people thought I was OLDER than 39 - must be my great wisdom then

Ok - I'll stop stressing

And a Happy 7th 32 year birthday to you early!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #64  

Good morning all!

scorbett & Shanco GREAT WEIGHT LOSSES
kILEYMED ONEDERLAND how ONERDERFUL!!!!!
ragdoll happy Birthday!!!!

Feeling more energetic today and physical therapy is working !!! No more crutches!!!!! (hopefully)
Since I have been unable to get to my center I have been doing IP on my own. Yesterday I was kinda discouraged that I was "only" losing 2 lbs a week. huh? Am I outta my mind?? (plz don't answer that!!!) I was venting to a friend of mine and she said how wonderful i was looking and that I had said that this was a lifelong process and change so what kind of rush was I in to lose more than 2 a week? Now I'm kinda proud of those 2 lbs each week and wow, how lucky am I?
Actually have the energy to do some housework today!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?
Well.... there were a lot of times I didn't have any. I'd have pasta or something (VERY unhealthy) like nachos. If I had meat it was usually accompanied with a lot of other stuff. Like taco meat in a corn tortilla with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Or a hamburger with all the toppings and bun. Hence the 10lb gain in six months. Lol.

But I didn't really eat chicken, turkey, eggs, or lean beef because I'd burnt myself out on those things when I was on the diet. Now that I'm back to having to eat those things, I just can't seem to get it down.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #67  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations to all of the great weigh-ins!

As for me, I'm a little frustrated this week as I was up 1.6 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday. I didn't do anything different this past week than I've done every other week. I've been 100% OP the whole time but I've seemed to develop a pattern of having a really good loss for a week or two and then a very small loss or gain for a week. I know it's just how my body reacts to this diet but it still gets frustrating! I keep reminding myself that I had great losses over Christmas week and New Year's week, and I'll probably have a good loss next week, so that keeps me going!

Here's my before and during pictures. The first one was taken in June, about a month before I started and the second one was taken a couple of days ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeaftersmall.jpg (95.2 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #69  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Where is my buddy Rissimo?

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-09-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!
Sorry to hear you're struggling. I have been checking your blog every once in a while and haven't seen any updates so I was wondering how you've been!

Stick with it!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #71  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA
I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Today is Day 6 of my restart, feeling good!

I don't think I'm losing as much weight as I did my first time around, but I'm happy to be back in the game.

I've already drank about 70oz of H20 today, here's to 70 more!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.
Hmm..really? It's on the Phase 1 sheet I'm looking at and not on the occasional list. Maybe it has changed recently?

I was wondering what others thought because I've seen different opinions on rutabaga and swede, which I *think* are also in the turnip family. Rutabaga and Swede are on my Phase 1 list as "occasional" but I've seen in archives that some suggest staying away from them b/c of higher carb count than other veggies, and others have said restrict them to 1/2 cup or 1 cup.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #74  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
I'm no veggie expert, but I was curious so after double-checking my Phase 3 sheet to confirm they are in the 'Select Vegetable' group, meaning it's ok to use everyday, I checked http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2700/2. I eat them quite frequently, but rarely feel I want/need more than 1 cup/serving as they're a denser vegetable. Even though they are unrestricted, 1 cup still has 5 net carbs and 5g sugar. They do have a very low glycemic load (2).

By comparison, the nutritional values for 1 cup of rutagaba (which is on the Occasional list), shows 12 net g carbs/cup and 10g sugar. Glycemic Load is 5.

Last edited by evepet; 01-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Turnips are on the select vegetable list, so the limit would be 4 cups/day.
Closed Thread