Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
That is awesome!! you go get' em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

scorbett, i live for your weigh ins, when you lose i am inspired. great job. you will be at goal in no time.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #17  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
Wow! That is fantastic!!! Great job!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

yesterday was day one on ip bootcamp, trying for day 2 today.

since dec 19th my scale had not gotten lower than 128, this morning i saw 127.8, i will take it. do they have cartwheels for icons?

i dont know what that icon is, it says cb, i will take it. hoping to do day 2 of bootcamp, so far so good.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

ShanCo that is awesome!!!

Sonya, you are too funny I was a little curious how the WI would look, I've been playing around with my food to add enough to compensate for the exercise, I think I found my sweet spot on running days - Balanced Protein veggie omelet with added 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 cup mushrooms and 1 Tbsp cheddar Veggie Shreds. Very hearty breakfast, protein boost for the exercise and delicious! I have been using the Syntrax Nectar shakes for after workouts, they are SO GOOD.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

bubbleblower- When you are losing weight consistently and staying on plan on your own, it doesnt seem like you get much from a coach. I think it's nice to have one when you get closer to goal or if you have a long stall so they can help you with a plan. There is still plenty of advice here if you go it alone though. I've been coachless since August.

shanco- that is a phenominal loss!!!!

scorbett- congrats!

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Morning all! Day three today - hoping it goes well. Had similar problems last night as the first night.... when it came time to eat my dinner protein I was overwhelmed with nausea and had to force myself to eat. I only got in about 5-6oz. before I had to stop because I was on the verge of throwing up. Chocked down my snack before bed but barely.

I know I'm only a few days in, but I'm becoming more concerned that maybe I shouldn't try this a second time around. I really only need to lose about 5-10 lbs which although it wouldn't be as easy, I could probably work off in a few months with regular exercise and more moderate dieting. It's not that I don't love IP - I do! It worked wonderfully the first time around. But if I'm literally on the verge of being sick to my stomach every time I have to eat dinner (and later lunch as I move into the other phases) I don't know if I can make it. I keep trying to tell myself its mental, but when I'm sitting at the table, having to hold my breath and talk myself into swallowing, something just doesn't feel right.

On that note, does anyone know if we can abbreviate the phasing off process? I feel like I might be able to give it a better go if I know I don't have a month worth of phasing off ahead of me.

Which brings me to another question - has anyone tried to replace the dinner protein with additional IP packets? That's the real kicker of all this... I love the IP foods. I enjoy eating them, they don't make me sick, and I actually look forward to them. The plain dinner protein? Not so much.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing MUCH better than me! Congrats to all the early morning WI's and successes, and good luck to everyone else who has a WI later today!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #22  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning everyone! I hope all are surviving the flu! I have been battling it since Xmas and honestly getting sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

It looks like everyone is having great WI's! I love coming here and seeing everyone's successes! It helps so much to see how well the program works!

Last night I made a roasted cauliflower puree with roasted garlic and then sprinkled scallions and some of that white cheddar popcorn seasoning that I read about on here (somewhere)...I also made BBQ chicken using the WF "thick & spicy" BBQ sauce. Both were amazing! I think I have found a new BBQ sauce! I like it better than any other I have had. I've never been a big fan but I actually loved it!! I can't wait to try it on pork and beef! Hubby liked the BBQ sauce but says my previous recipe for the cauliflower was better. Of course it was! I used cheese and/or sour cream! LOL Of well, he'll suck it up since he is committed to supporting me on this program!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Morning all! Day three today - hoping it goes well. Had similar problems last night as the first night.... when it came time to eat my dinner protein I was overwhelmed with nausea and had to force myself to eat. I only got in about 5-6oz. before I had to stop because I was on the verge of throwing up. Chocked down my snack before bed but barely.

I know I'm only a few days in, but I'm becoming more concerned that maybe I shouldn't try this a second time around. I really only need to lose about 5-10 lbs which although it wouldn't be as easy, I could probably work off in a few months with regular exercise and more moderate dieting. It's not that I don't love IP - I do! It worked wonderfully the first time around. But if I'm literally on the verge of being sick to my stomach every time I have to eat dinner (and later lunch as I move into the other phases) I don't know if I can make it. I keep trying to tell myself its mental, but when I'm sitting at the table, having to hold my breath and talk myself into swallowing, something just doesn't feel right.

On that note, does anyone know if we can abbreviate the phasing off process? I feel like I might be able to give it a better go if I know I don't have a month worth of phasing off ahead of me.

Which brings me to another question - has anyone tried to replace the dinner protein with additional IP packets? That's the real kicker of all this... I love the IP foods. I enjoy eating them, they don't make me sick, and I actually look forward to them. The plain dinner protein? Not so much.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing MUCH better than me! Congrats to all the early morning WI's and successes, and good luck to everyone else who has a WI later today!
Sorry to hear of your struggles. Maybe you can try switching your snack to between lunch and dinner that way you don't have to force it down?

Also, can you eat 4 oz. of meat at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #24  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Sneuse- your are just going through withdrawal. I had the same issues and thoughts my first 3 days. I remember thinking this cannot be good for me, why would my body react so violently if it was good. I was planning on giving up the next day if I didnt feel better, but did feel better on day 4. Hang in there! It doesnt matter if you need to lose 200 lbs or 5 lbs, it works.

Some people skip phase 2 all together and go to phase 3 right after they get to goal. I'm not sure though how that affects their maintenance though.

You can try splitting up your protein to half at lunch and half at dinner, so you aren't having to eat all at once. Also Wuv had posted before that, accoring to IP, if a client only wants to eat 6oz of protein that is ok.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

ShanCo - amazing! Huge congrats on such a successful holiday loss!! Wooohoooo!!

Had my WI last night and am down - get this - 18.7lbs in one week. Yowza. Just goes to show how much of my insane gain was water and salt from all the badness. Exceedingly important lesson learned! I wasn't expecting it to come off this quickly and I know this won't continue but I am so grateful I can't even begin to explain it. And I feel like a new person - just much healthier and less gross overall.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

I'm home sick to day...yuck. I needed something solid for breakfast so I had two egg white scrabbled eggs with WF strawberry jam, chased down with ID chocolate drink. I feel better already
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sorry to hear of your struggles. Maybe you can try switching your snack to between lunch and dinner that way you don't have to force it down?

Also, can you eat 4 oz. of meat at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Sneuse- your are just going through withdrawal. I had the same issues and thoughts my first 3 days. I remember thinking this cannot be good for me, why would my body react so violently if it was good. I was planning on giving up the next day if I didnt feel better, but did feel better on day 4. Hang in there! It doesnt matter if you need to lose 200 lbs or 5 lbs, it works.

Some people skip phase 2 all together and go to phase 3 right after they get to goal. I'm not sure though how that affects their maintenance though.

You can try splitting up your protein to half at lunch and half at dinner, so you aren't having to eat all at once. Also Wuv had posted before that, accoring to IP, if a client only wants to eat 6oz of protein that is ok.
Thank you both for the advice! I do really appreciate the support and guidance.

I didn't think the problem was really withdrawl, because it was NOTHING like this when I did the program last year and I had been eating WAY worse prior to starting up that time.

I think/thought it's more so what I'm eating. I ate SO much chicken, turkey, lean beef, and eggs when I did the program the first time that I honestly stopped eating most of those things the minute I got off the diet. I couldn't stomach to eat them anymore because I'd grown so grossed out by the taste and smell.

I figured after six months I'd be over my distaste for those things, but I'm beginning to think that's not the case. The minute I sit down and smell the food, I get sick. Even steak, which is usually something I LOVE to eat.

Which is why the idea of splitting it up just doesn't appeal... if I can't manage to eat these things once, I'm not sure I could manage to do it twice. Even though its smaller quantities, just the smell and the first bite does me in.

But maybe you're right.... maybe my subconscious is making me not like things short term and it'll get better in a few days. I just have a hard time seeing that happening, given my past experience being so completely different.

I will probably ask my coach about skipping phase 2 and whether or not that is an option. If I could, it would be easier to get through the phasing off process. And I'll def. keep the 6 oz. in mind! That will make me feel better about the nights I can't stomach my meal.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #28  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Scorbett - AWESOME! Oh - and I love those syntrax shakes too. I got them for DH and snuck a few myself... I tried to order him more of the cookies one and they were out!

sneuse - I agree that it's more withdrawals. Stick in there, you'll be happy you did and you'll feel much better in a few days!

Shanco and IPdiva - All I can say is WOW! That's incredible!

mrskuby and A1texan - I'm feeling your pain! I've been fighting a really bad sinus infection for about 1 month now. The antibiotics I'm on now are actually making me gain weight while being 100 % OP for over a week. I need some encouragement!!!! I have until next Tuesday on these darn things and hopefully all will work out. FYI - if either of you are on antibiotics - do not take your cal-mag and potassiums, they stopped my first round from working for me and I ended up getting sicker. Scorbett is the resident brainiac when it comes to this stuff ...

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning Ipeeps (not really I am sick)

I thought after the holidays and everyone was sick and hacking, I had made it safely through. NOT, must be that 7-14 day incubation period for viruses. fortunately, I think it is just a cold. Sore throat, achy, sneezy and tired.

Congrats to Scorbett, Shanco & IP diva!

Sneuse, this was my first week completed and I still am a little naseous, but then again I have come down with something. I would have the packets for dinner if the meat is making you sick. My entire pregnancy I couldn't eat meat or have it cooked indoors (smell) We have pics of hubby grilling his dinner outside with a few feet of snow behind him. lol.

Happy Birthday ragdoll, you share it with one of my favs. ELVIS! I was born the day before, so I turned 55 on the 7th, don't know where the time went, at least our yound waiter said there is NO WAY you are 55 and I said "why do I look 65?" lol he said "maybe 40" well I liked that, so I left him a good tip on MY birthday. ha ha ha

WEIGH IN #1 -3.1 lbs

have a good one
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

young waiter

I forgot to mention that VitaminWorld is having a sale, I ordered some vitamins for me and hubby, but I also ordered the Syntrax Chocolate Truffle, they are 25% off and free shipping ( over $25), they have alot of flavors to choose from. I have ordered from VitaminWorld before and they ship super-fast, get it the next working day.
Closed Thread