Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
Turnips are on the select vegetable list, so the limit would be 4 cups/day.
OK thanks, that's what I thought. That's a lot of turnips!

EVEPET-

Thanks for looking up the info and sharing it!!!!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me
WOOWOO!!! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

Scorbett we won't be able to find you soon!!! XOXOXOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now . Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Now do the Diva Dash with us!!! I cannot wait to get to onederland.

exactor and bttrhalf
For some reason, I can't open your pics!! I did have trouble trying to psot this morning. Anyone else having difficulties???

WI today 4.5lbs. I think an 2inches total. I haven't been keeping track of the inches as much.

The minute I walked in the receptionist said hello from across the room. By the time I got to the desk she already had my order form waiting with my cal-mg underlined and checked IN RED saying I had to buy them today. So much for niceties. I did mess up my vits over the Holidays but I swear not as much to still have so many off from their calculation. I bought the Cal-Mg and I will need it before next week, but I want to get them online because it's cheaper. I can't believe I have no back bone with these people.
Anyway, rockin-bod coach did my WI and measuring. I did talk to her briefly about exercising and doing the Diva Dash. She seemed like she wanted to help but we both agreed I want more wgt off before I start to incorporate exercise into my life.
I am so torn, I want to go alternative. (They don't seem to care how many packets I buy and don't buy.) But if she truly can help me, like a coach is supposed to, I'd like to do both. I do like some IP products I could still buy from them.

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 01-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #78  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaintruth View Post
Just wanted to chime in to recommend the Tazo Wild Orange tea - it tastes like orange juice! I mean, as much as hot tea can but it has a nice acidic, fresh taste.

Makes a change anyway. I've got 18lbs left to go... I love losing weight/inches but I can't wait to be done. I've lost so much cardio fitness in the past couple of months of nonexercising!
That sounds delicious, I'm going to buy some. It said it is caffeine free too, so don't have to drink extra water because of the tea. I know how you feel about can't wait to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I'm at work so will have to come back and find out what is going on with everyone a bit later, but I wanted to tell you that I did my first weigh in today and at 59 years old with no clinic and using alternatives, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm feeling pretty good about IP. You've all been wonderful sharing your information and support, so a million thanks! I realized at some point last evening that for the first time since starting IP on January 1 that I wasn't exhausted, so I think I'm on board and ready for the long haul!
Congrats! That is a great first weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now . Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.
4.2!!! awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Congratulations to all of the great weigh-ins!

As for me, I'm a little frustrated this week as I was up 1.6 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday. I didn't do anything different this past week than I've done every other week. I've been 100% OP the whole time but I've seemed to develop a pattern of having a really good loss for a week or two and then a very small loss or gain for a week. I know it's just how my body reacts to this diet but it still gets frustrating! I keep reminding myself that I had great losses over Christmas week and New Year's week, and I'll probably have a good loss next week, so that keeps me going!

Here's my before and during pictures. The first one was taken in June, about a month before I started and the second one was taken a couple of days ago.
It happens to the best of us. You look fantastic though, so try to concentrate on that before and after picture instead of the scale.

Scorbett- I'll have to follow your example and up my "age" a little. Being "29" with a 12yo and 9yo, makes it a little obvious that I'm not exactly telling the truth.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!
I mean all of this in the nicest way. You are worth it, don't forget it. No matter how much you "think" you need that one piece of food, don't do it! Distract yourself. IP gives you the tools for success. Let your inner beauty shine through! What are you afraid of???? Sending you a cyber kick in the (_|_)! Don't make me come over there YOU CAN DO IT!

Last edited by sahmmommy2; 01-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!
Woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Well.... there were a lot of times I didn't have any. I'd have pasta or something (VERY unhealthy) like nachos. If I had meat it was usually accompanied with a lot of other stuff. Like taco meat in a corn tortilla with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Or a hamburger with all the toppings and bun. Hence the 10lb gain in six months. Lol.

But I didn't really eat chicken, turkey, eggs, or lean beef because I'd burnt myself out on those things when I was on the diet. Now that I'm back to having to eat those things, I just can't seem to get it down.
So, why can't you have taco meat on a salad? I guess if ya want it, you'll make it work. I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to be real. There are SO MANY RECIPES and ways to make foods we like there is no reason to eat stuff we have to choke down. But, again, if you're looking for an excuse to quit, don't look. Just do it.

This Girl is Awake: I'm gonna have to give a little tough love here, too. No excuses. Just do it! Make a plan you know you can stick with (even if it includes an extra packet at first) and stick with it NO MATTER WHAT. Do some cooking and make some fantastic recipes. Every day you get under your belt makes the next one easier. And then, NO MORE GOING OFF PLAN!!

For ANYONE thinking they'll go off plan for a special event, talk to This Girl is Awake first. Or go back and read old threads and see if those folks are still around. The only way is the 100% way. One thing leads to another. So, one cheat leads to another or one 100% day leads to another. It is your choice.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

NinjaNurse...I hear onderland calling your name...GO FOR IT CHICKIE
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Default Wi #5

Weigh in #5 this evening, praying for a good one.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

For ANYONE thinking they'll go off plan for a special event, talk to This Girl is Awake first. Or go back and read old threads and see if those folks are still around. The only way is the 100% way. One thing leads to another. So, one cheat leads to another or one 100% day leads to another. It is your choice.
I've read those archives. Lots of dead tickers. That's why I've decided to stay 100% and not take a break despite some of the difficulties I've encountered with the diet/hypoglycemia. An extra 1/2 pack or packet here and there won't hurt me if I really need it, but taking a break looks like it would be introducing a risk to permanently end my diet, from what I see on the archives. That's not to say everyone who takes a break never comes back, but it certainly seems to raise the risk level, per the dead tickers and testimonies.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #84  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

I am so sad today. I just found out my Dad has a tumor behind his left eye. He is waiting for MRI results as I type this. These are the times that I hate living so far away from my family
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #85  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Wow lots of great WIs today! Congrats everybody! I will be weighing in in a couple of hours, and hoping to have at least 3... didn't cheat, but the home scale isn't budging a lot at home.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #86  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I've read those archives. Lots of dead tickers. That's why I've decided to stay 100% and not take a break despite some of the difficulties I've encountered with the diet/hypoglycemia. An extra 1/2 pack or packet here and there won't hurt me if I really need it, but taking a break looks like it would be introducing a risk to permanently end my diet, from what I see on the archives. That's not to say everyone who takes a break never comes back, but it certainly seems to raise the risk level, per the dead tickers and testimonies.
And that's why I thought it was so important for me to stay OP the entire time I was out of town on vacation.... Also, I didn't want to have to deal with those first three days ever again.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I am so sad today. I just found out my Dad has a tumor behind his left eye. He is waiting for MRI results as I type this. These are the times that I hate living so far away from my family
Thinking of you and your family, and praying for your dad and family.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Thanks for the tough love, all y'all, that's what I was looking for.

I have had extra protein already today (before I posted) but I will be 100% the rest of the day and moving forward.

Agree--not worth going off for a "break" it is murder getting back on. I sailed through at least 60 days of 100% before I did it and now I'm struggling to do even 1.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #89  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Sending you a big hug and keeping you and your dad in my prayers.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #90  

Height: 5' 7"

Chloe222 - On the eggs, I used the Real Egg Whites that come in a carton. I poured out about 2 eggs worth and scrambled them with some yellow bell pepper. I used the WF strawberry jam on the side to give it some sweetness that I was graving.

With being sick, I have been sleeping most of the day - which caused the missing of my mid-morning snack and behind on my water intake. I'm up and feel much better - Thanks to my spare Z-Pac. Plan on going back to work tomorrow and that will bring back a set routine again.

Congrats to all the great WI's and welcome to all the newbies. I have to agree with Lisa on her thoughts - You can always make excuses of why you can't stick to the food plan. So many times I've eaten out with friends and just had taco meat on a salad with fresh salsa. Even the waiters have come by and said that looked tastee meal. My suggestion is to be creative and try new things. When I started I didn't even know what "Jicama" was and now I look forward to it's sweetness.
Closed Thread