3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Jan 9th, 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272978-ip-daily-chat-jan-9th-2013-a.html)

Chloe222 01-09-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanCo (Post 4582344)
Weigh-in yesterday and since Christmas and New Year's both fell on Tuesdays it was for 3 weeks combined...for a loss of 13.6 pounds! Pretty awesome...but what is even more awesome was my measurements....I lost 8 INCHES from my waist!!! Yay for a healthy me :)

Shanco, Amazing! Keep up the good work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4582351)
I'll take it! Just got off the scale, and there is another pound plus an inch of me missing!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

That's terrific as is the C25K you're doing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4582372)

Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ragdoll! (belated)
:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4582421)
I'm home sick to day...yuck. I needed something solid for breakfast so I had two egg white scrabbled eggs with WF strawberry jam, chased down with ID chocolate drink. I feel better already :)

Interesting combo, think I'll try that, what exactly did you do? Fry 2 egg whites and top with strawberry jam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneuse (Post 4582442)

I figured after six months I'd be over my distaste for those things, but I'm beginning to think that's not the case. The minute I sit down and smell the food, I get sick. Even steak, which is usually something I LOVE to eat.

Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kileymed13 (Post 4582666)
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now :carrot::carrot:. Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.

Kiley,
Way to go! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynette826 (Post 4582717)
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?

I always freeze on IP, it happens right after drinking all the cold water.

scorbett1103 01-09-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4582372)
Yesterday was my 39th birthday. For some reason I didnt really want to do anything at all for my birthday. DH wanted to go out to dinner, but I said I'd rather just make myself something. He ended up ordering pizza for him and the kids.

My 12yo dd made me 2 cards and a powerpoint presentation for my birthday. It was adorable.

Happy birthday! I cross the line to 39 in 10 days myself...I also was 29 for quite a few birthdays, figured this year I had to up it a bit...so I'm really 32 for the 7th time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4582399)
Had my WI last night and am down - get this - 18.7lbs in one week. Yowza. Just goes to show how much of my insane gain was water and salt from all the badness. Exceedingly important lesson learned! I wasn't expecting it to come off this quickly and I know this won't continue but I am so grateful I can't even begin to explain it. And I feel like a new person - just much healthier and less gross overall.

That is incredible! And you really have a great mental handle on this - it probably WAS mostly water and salt gain from eating freely. Amazing what happens when we try to go back to everyone else's version of "normal" eating :) You have got this in the bag!

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4582446)
Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying :D People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........

Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday :)

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy414 (Post 4582502)
Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?

Honestly, the tiredness I would say was likely due to being on the diet - but if your throat is closing up I would call your doctor and let them know what happened. That almost sounds like an allergic reaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycht (Post 4582533)
Hi All!

Had my at home week #1 weigh in today and lost 8 pounds! I was shooting for 10 but I will take 8 :-P I did not do starting measurements so I will do that this evening. Congrats to all the other people who have listed their scale successes - 13 and 18 pound losses are AWESOME!

Nice job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kileymed13 (Post 4582666)
Just back from my WI and -4.2 this week!!! I am officially in onderland now :carrot::carrot:. Started the C25K yesterday and added an additional unrestricted packet and 2 egg whites but was still starving. The same thing happened when I first started playing volleyball so I will see how it evens out. Hoping it was just my bodies reaction to jogging/walking since it has been a while.

Woo hoo!!! If you are planning on running some 5ks this year, we are getting a big group together to run the Diva Dash in September - if you're on FB I can send you an invite to the event!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynette826 (Post 4582717)
Hi all, I started IP on Monday. I felt horrible yesterday with a headache, and general not feeling good, but thank goodness today I feel a lot better. I knew the first few days would be rough, so I was prepared. My biggest issue today is I'm freezing! Has anyone else had this reaction to this diet?

Totally normal :)

healthyangie 01-09-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4582820)

Um..yeah....looking at your picture I'd have said you had quite a few years before you saw your 39th birthday :)

And stop stressing - drink tons of water and focus on getting better. The inflammation will go down and you'll be peeing that weight away like crazy :)

:o Thanks scorbett! That's a nice compliment - but I think those other people thought I was OLDER than 39 - must be my great wisdom then :D

Ok - I'll stop stressing :)

And a Happy 7th 32 year birthday to you early!

maezy1 01-09-2013 01:23 PM

Good morning all!

scorbett & Shanco GREAT WEIGHT LOSSES
kILEYMED ONEDERLAND how ONERDERFUL!!!!!
ragdoll happy Birthday!!!!

Feeling more energetic today and physical therapy is working !!! No more crutches!!!!! (hopefully)
Since I have been unable to get to my center I have been doing IP on my own. Yesterday I was kinda discouraged that I was "only" losing 2 lbs a week. huh? Am I outta my mind?? (plz don't answer that!!!) I was venting to a friend of mine and she said how wonderful i was looking and that I had said that this was a lifelong process and change so what kind of rush was I in to lose more than 2 a week? Now I'm kinda proud of those 2 lbs each week and wow, how lucky am I?
Actually have the energy to do some housework today!

this girl is awake 01-09-2013 01:24 PM

Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats :( I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!

sneuse 01-09-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4582780)
Sneuse,
Just curious, what did you eat for protein for during your 6 month diet hiatus?

Well.... there were a lot of times I didn't have any. I'd have pasta or something (VERY unhealthy) like nachos. If I had meat it was usually accompanied with a lot of other stuff. Like taco meat in a corn tortilla with cheese and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa. Or a hamburger with all the toppings and bun. Hence the 10lb gain in six months. Lol.

But I didn't really eat chicken, turkey, eggs, or lean beef because I'd burnt myself out on those things when I was on the diet. Now that I'm back to having to eat those things, I just can't seem to get it down.

exactor 01-09-2013 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations to all of the great weigh-ins!

As for me, I'm a little frustrated this week as I was up 1.6 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday. I didn't do anything different this past week than I've done every other week. I've been 100% OP the whole time but I've seemed to develop a pattern of having a really good loss for a week or two and then a very small loss or gain for a week. I know it's just how my body reacts to this diet but it still gets frustrating! I keep reminding myself that I had great losses over Christmas week and New Year's week, and I'll probably have a good loss next week, so that keeps me going!

Here's my before and during pictures. The first one was taken in June, about a month before I started and the second one was taken a couple of days ago.

Nolawhodatchick 01-09-2013 01:37 PM

Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA

usmcvet 01-09-2013 01:41 PM

Where is my buddy Rissimo?

IdealProteinNewbie 01-09-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this girl is awake (Post 4582845)
Hey all,
I've been having a real problem recommitting 100% since my holiday cheats :( I have lost the weight I gained then but I haven't been able to get through even one day 100%.

Can someone (or someones) hook up with me on My Fitness Pal and exchange emails/phone so I have someone to be accountable to? PM me if you would be willing to help. Thank you!

Scorbett I can't believe you're so close to goal!!!!

Sorry to hear you're struggling. I have been checking your blog every once in a while and haven't seen any updates so I was wondering how you've been!

Stick with it!

healthyangie 01-09-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick (Post 4582862)
Can any of you veggie experts tell me if there is a Phase 1 limit on turnips allowed per day? Just plain old turnips. TIA

I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.

AnnaBoBanna 01-09-2013 02:00 PM

Today is Day 6 of my restart, feeling good!

I don't think I'm losing as much weight as I did my first time around, but I'm happy to be back in the game.

I've already drank about 70oz of H20 today, here's to 70 more!

Nolawhodatchick 01-09-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4582909)
I was told no turnips because of them being a root vegetable. I did see that some people do eat them though so it might just be a difference in coaches.

Hmm..really? It's on the Phase 1 sheet I'm looking at and not on the occasional list. Maybe it has changed recently?

I was wondering what others thought because I've seen different opinions on rutabaga and swede, which I *think* are also in the turnip family. Rutabaga and Swede are on my Phase 1 list as "occasional" but I've seen in archives that some suggest staying away from them b/c of higher carb count than other veggies, and others have said restrict them to 1/2 cup or 1 cup.

evepet 01-09-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

I'm no veggie expert, but I was curious so after double-checking my Phase 3 sheet to confirm they are in the 'Select Vegetable' group, meaning it's ok to use everyday, I checked http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2700/2. I eat them quite frequently, but rarely feel I want/need more than 1 cup/serving as they're a denser vegetable. Even though they are unrestricted, 1 cup still has 5 net carbs and 5g sugar. They do have a very low glycemic load (2).

By comparison, the nutritional values for 1 cup of rutagaba (which is on the Occasional list), shows 12 net g carbs/cup and 10g sugar. Glycemic Load is 5.

psjones 01-09-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Turnips are on the select vegetable list, so the limit would be 4 cups/day.