IP Daily Chat Jan 9th, 2013 - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #31  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I am so happy that I decided to take some time off from losing weight. Today was my first full week WI since returning to IP. I have been able to re-committed to the program like I did when I first started and I had a huge payoff today with a 3.4lb loss at my WI. Amazing! I haven't lost like that in forever!! So happy...the 150's are so close!

Last edited by Bella73123; 01-09-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Sneuse, this was my first week completed and I still am a little naseous, but then again I have come down with something. I would have the packets for dinner if the meat is making you sick. My entire pregnancy I couldn't eat meat or have it cooked indoors (smell) We have pics of hubby grilling his dinner outside with a few feet of snow behind him. lol.
I actually realized just a minute ago how much it probably sounded like I was pregnant! But alas that is not the case. I'm thinking about asking my coach if I can supplement a packet or two for awhile and see if that helps. Who knows, maybe it'll speed things up! Congrats on a great first WI!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

morning all, doing good with staying on plan since the first of the month (did a bit of the no-no's for the holidays). still having a problem seeing the weight loss in me, though everyone at my work and home says I look great. so my lead at work took some pictures of me today (wow I can start to see it now)
I hope that I got the picture attached the one on the left is from before I started last year and the two on the right are from this morning 5lbs down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IP Anne.jpg (4.5 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by bttrhalf; 01-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #35  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
Hi ya'll...I have a question. I started the diet yesterday and felt pretty good, until after supper i got a bad headache and..i dont know how to explain it...but my throat felt tight and heavy - like wearing a tight turtleneck. I laid down and fell asleep for a couple hours and woke up feeling better. I then had my evening snack and took the last of my Cal-Mag...about an hour later I had the same feeling again, it was terrible. When I woke up this morning I felt great...anyone else have a negative reaction to the cal-mag? I am hesitant to take it again tonight because i felt so awful after both doses. Should I take a smaller dose, or just not take it at all?
It's not likely that the cal-mag caused the reaction. This type of reaction is normal for people that are starting this protocol. It is your body's reaction as you go from burning carbs/calories to burning fat stores (ketosis). It usually lasts about 3-4 days. I am surprised your coach never mentioned it to you! It's a little crappy for the first little while, but it goes away and then you will feel fine
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #36  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
yesterday was day one on ip bootcamp, trying for day 2 today.

since dec 19th my scale had not gotten lower than 128, this morning i saw 127.8, i will take it. do they have cartwheels for icons?

i dont know what that icon is, it says cb, i will take it. hoping to do day 2 of bootcamp, so far so good.
Hi Sonya,

What is IP bootcamp? Would you be able to explain some more, or maybe you have and I missed it completely lol. I'm still on phase 1 so I'm not sure if it's even possible to do it in this phase. If you could let me know that would be great!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #37  
Started IP Alt. 01/02/13

S/C/G: 193.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi All!

Had my at home week #1 weigh in today and lost 8 pounds! I was shooting for 10 but I will take 8 :-P I did not do starting measurements so I will do that this evening. Congrats to all the other people who have listed their scale successes - 13 and 18 pound losses are AWESOME!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
It's not likely that the cal-mag caused the reaction. This type of reaction is normal for people that are starting this protocol. It is your body's reaction as you go from burning carbs/calories to burning fat stores (ketosis). It usually lasts about 3-4 days. I am surprised your coach never mentioned it to you! It's a little crappy for the first little while, but it goes away and then you will feel fine
They did tell me about it, plus I have low carb dieted before to the state of ketosis. I have had the general feeling of blah before and knew to expect it. I have kept up on my water, salt and had my olive oil for the day. The way i felt last night was like nothing I have felt before - and both instances were after i took the cal-mag..not positive thats it, but I will try again tonight. I feel great today and I will know tonight after supper if it was the cal-mag.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

scorbett - YEAH! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! ALMOST THERE, YOU GOT THIS ONE CHICKIE

ShanCo - Keep it up! Isn't it wonderful to just start shrinking, right before your eyes. It happens so fast

Sonya - Glad you busted out of the slump! Do you do alternatives? I'm using one that contains L-Carnitine. My scale seems to move faster and I have more energy when I use this one. If you're interested, I can send you the info. A quick google search will give you more info on the supplement too.

sneuse - I think they are revising the phase 1 sheet to say people can have up to 8 oz of lean dinner protein??? I think the minimum is 6. You can search around the forum, I know this has been talked about by wuv and scorbett. Also, since you only have a small amount to lose, you might not need as much protein as those of us who are larger. I think Scorbett said something like the less there is of us, the less we need and the slower the losses

A1Texan - Feel better soon. It's no fun being sick. Do what you got to do and try to stay OP!

healthyangie - Hope you feel better soon! I've been sick for the last couple weeks and noticed my weight loss stalled even though I was OP. I am FINALLY starting to feel better and noticed my scale is dropping in the right direction again. We'll see come Monday, but it looks like a WHOOSH coming my way. Unofficially down 4lbs in about 1.5 days! THERE IS HOPE! Just stay OP

Bella - We have similar stats and goals. Glad to see you back on the wagon! I really hope to be close to goal come end of February! Let's do this!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #40  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

healthieangie- truth be told about my age, I'm actually 29 for the 10th time.

Bellamack- Happy belated birthday! What a fantastic NSV, having someone tell you that you look 15 years younger.

I haven't had anyone comment to me about sharing Elvis' birthday in years. My mom used to always tell me "you were born on Elvis' birthday", and growing up one of the networks used to always show Elvis movies on our birthday.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 215/198/150

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Day 6 and first weigh in tomorrow! I actually feel surprisingly fine. No cravings etc. My coach fr the first week wouldn't allow any restricted food so I'm looking forward to trying some new things this coming week
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #42  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Hi all! I've been out for a while for the holidays and work craziness. Back on track after holiday cheer and am happy to report that I now am at my driver's license weight. Woo Hoo!

Happy Wednesday all!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #43  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
bubbleblower- When you are losing weight consistently and staying on plan on your own, it doesnt seem like you get much from a coach. I think it's nice to have one when you get closer to goal or if you have a long stall so they can help you with a plan. There is still plenty of advice here if you go it alone though. I've been coachless since August.
My preference is to continue with the coach if possible, but definitely with my doctor's monitoring. At today's appointment, my doctor said my initial results were borderline re: cholesterol and vitamin D, but that we'd see how the numbers changed when my blood work is done in March. My BP was 113/65, so I was thrilled with that!

I also had a discussion with my coach about alternatives and also about ordering online. She said that she wouldn't be able to continue seeing me if I wasn't buying the food from her since it was part of the program. The rationale was that if I'm substituting other products, I'm not really on IP. And IP doesn't want its name attached to something it can't control. Kind of makes sense, but there's a breaking point for me in terms of the extra cost. We'll see how that goes ... Even more than the food costs, is the issue of the supplement costs since they are soooooo much cheaper online. (BTW, she said that sites that are selling IP products at cut rate prices are doing so illegally. Not sure how that works ... kind of sounds like price fixing to me, but what do I know? )

In any event, I know I'm committed personally to seeing this through and phasing into maintenance properly. Since I'm already halfway there, the food costs and variety may become a non-issue. As of today, my fat percentage is within the desirable range (albeit at the top end of the range!).
Old 01-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #44  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Happy Birthday ragdoll! Oh to be 39 again!!! Of course that's one of those ages that everyone thinks you're lying People would ask me - "Oh yeah? And how many 39th birthdays does this make!" Blah!

Scorbett - AWESOME! Oh - and I love those syntrax shakes too. I got them for DH and snuck a few myself... I tried to order him more of the cookies one and they were out!

sneuse - I agree that it's more withdrawals. Stick in there, you'll be happy you did and you'll feel much better in a few days!

Shanco and IPdiva - All I can say is WOW! That's incredible!

mrskuby and A1texan - I'm feeling your pain! I've been fighting a really bad sinus infection for about 1 month now. The antibiotics I'm on now are actually making me gain weight while being 100 % OP for over a week. I need some encouragement!!!! I have until next Tuesday on these darn things and hopefully all will work out. FYI - if either of you are on antibiotics - do not take your cal-mag and potassiums, they stopped my first round from working for me and I ended up getting sicker. Scorbett is the resident brainiac when it comes to this stuff ...

Day 7 and UP 3.5 lbs ...... someone tell me I will have a huge whoosh after this - PLEASE ........
Oh boy! I bet you will have a huge whoosh! It's prolly mostly water, right? You'll just pee it out! LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #45  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
They did tell me about it, plus I have low carb dieted before to the state of ketosis. I have had the general feeling of blah before and knew to expect it. I have kept up on my water, salt and had my olive oil for the day. The way i felt last night was like nothing I have felt before - and both instances were after i took the cal-mag..not positive thats it, but I will try again tonight. I feel great today and I will know tonight after supper if it was the cal-mag.
I have had pretty bad reactions to the vitamins before, particularly if I forget to take them right before my meal. Cal-mag is really not one you want to have get stuck in the pipes! Sometimes I shift the vitamins so I am certain to have them with my heavier meals, as opposed to breakfast or snack. Hope this helps!
Closed Thread