3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Calories/macros? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272889-calories-macros.html)

kmac1196 01-08-2013 07:19 AM

Calories/macros?

Has anyone logged with loseit or myfitness pal, etc. their IP diet phase 1? I am curious. I have done 3 diets on lose it (WW, Body for Life, and Fat Flush). I am curious where IP falls. Also looking for macro information (Protein, carb and fat GRAMS not percents!). Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to share. I am always researching everything!

lisa32989 01-08-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac1196 (Post 4580700)
Has anyone logged with loseit or myfitness pal, etc. their IP diet phase 1? I am curious. I have done 3 diets on lose it (WW, Body for Life, and Fat Flush). I am curious where IP falls. Also looking for macro information (Protein, carb and fat GRAMS not percents!). Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to share. I am always researching everything!

I'd ask your coach. The plan is designed so we don't have to count everything. Yes, I use MFP. The pint of this diet is to create the deficit required to burn fat.

kmac1196 01-08-2013 07:36 AM

Oh, I'm not on IP. Just researching. I have no coach. I was looking for information.

pocahontas812 01-08-2013 08:23 AM

I log everything I'm eating on phase 1 into MFP....not because I'm fixated on certain numbers but because I feel it's important to keep track of what I'm eating. I will continue to use MFP when I get to maintenance...as a way to keep myself accountable for what I'm eating. I tend to average 50-60% of my calories from protein and 20-25% each from carbs and fat. My total daily calorie intake is usually between 750 and 850.

evepet 01-08-2013 09:11 AM

I've been tracking everything on fatsecret.com since I started last April.
When I first started using alternatives, I input the data for a few 'sample' menus using IP products, along with the same veggies, 2 tsp oil, etc., that we are required to take daily.

Mine varies a bit from day to day with alternatives, but my daily avarages are around 48% protein/32% fat/20% carbs.

scorbett1103 01-08-2013 11:14 AM

Research is always good!

As was mentioned, IP is NOT a program that has us tracking calories and macronutrients. It uses meal replacements and portion measurements for the real-food meal to teach good habits during the weight loss phase.

That said, the ROUGH numbers (and they are very rough, because again we are not measuring or targeting ranges here) fall somewhere in these ranges:

Daily calories: 600-900
Daily protein: 90-120g
Daily NET carbs: 20-40g
We do not track fat at all. Meal replacements are all under 30% total calories form fat. Meats are recommended to be lean cuts, but the occasional fattier meat isn't a big deal.

kmac1196 01-08-2013 12:21 PM

Excellent. Thanks. Grams of protein and carb are what I was looking for and that's too bad you don't have fat grams. I understand why you don't know it, I was just trying to get a complete picture. All of the diets I have researched do not count cals, fat, protein or carbs. I still did. Like I said, all in the name of research! ;)