3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   New Tomato & Basil Rotini (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272851-new-tomato-basil-rotini.html)

Ilovesugar 01-14-2013 08:15 PM

Btw- you and your mom look Gorg!!!

1LittleStar 01-14-2013 08:44 PM

I was a bit afraid of the Tomato & Basil Rotini, so I cooked a package of plain with a package of T&B. I then had it with a fire-roasted tomato sauce with leeks and mushrooms. It was great, but I couldn't really taste the difference between the two rotini. I think I will stick to the plain rotini, I think it's a bit more versatile.

starsandrockets 01-15-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4590401)
I found this thread as I'm having my first go at the rotini tomorrow! Is there a plain rotini and a tomato basil rotini? I hate all the IP soups, I just couldn't stomach then. My plan for the rotini I got was to have it with the wf tomato basil sauce and add olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs and onion.

Also, the pasta salad idea sounds amazing, would you mind sharing. :-)

The way I make my pasta salad is cook the rotini as directed on the package and then rinse it under cold water to cool it off. Then I mix it in a bowl with 2 cups of mixed veggies (usually cucumbers, radishes, green onions, celery and red peppers). I toss it with a bit of olive oil, the pink salt, pepper and dried dill and parsley

GeauxTigers82 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4590484)
Noooooo!!!! What grossed you out, the color of the WF tomato/basil sauce? The jar doesn't look so bad but so far I haven't like WF ranch or italian dressing. I don't mind the syrup though! Eeek

The color of the sauce grossed me out. I am a teacher and the kids saw it and wanted to know why I let my nose bleed into my food :o

I made the regular rotini and added sautéed mushrooms and garlic and the wf herb and garlic sauce. It was delicious!!

GeauxTigers82 01-15-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4590486)
Btw- you and your mom look Gorg!!!

Ilovesugar 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 (Post 4592057)
The color of the sauce grossed me out. I am a teacher and the kids saw it and wanted to know why I let my nose bleed into my food :o

I made the regular rotini and added sautéed mushrooms and garlic and the wf herb and garlic sauce. It was delicious!!

Gotcha!!! Ok, so there is just the plain noodles and than there's a tomatoes basil rotini? I got just the plain noodles and plan on using WF t/basil sauce with evoo, garlic, onion and ground turkey!!!

Starsandrockets- thanks! Sounds delish! I was thinking it might not be bad with an Italian or vinegar/evoo dressing. I might play around with it!!!

starsandrockets 01-15-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4592063)
Gotcha!!! Ok, so there is just the plain noodles and than there's a tomatoes basil rotini? I got just the plain noodles and plan on using WF t/basil sauce with evoo, garlic, onion and ground turkey!!!

Starsandrockets- thanks! Sounds delish! I was thinking it might not be bad with an Italian or vinegar/evoo dressing. I might play around with it!!!

Yeah there's plain rotini and there's the tomato basil rotini. I prefer the plain rotini myself and have found it tastes best as a pasta salad. The tomato basil rotini I made warm with 1 cup pureed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil and oregano

puglife 01-21-2013 05:24 PM

I found the pasta to be a bit spongy. I was wondering if I should cook it a bit longer but didn't want to make it mushy. Any thoughts?

Suchawittygal 01-21-2013 05:30 PM

Has anyone tried the WF Alfredo sauce yet? I just bought a jar of it, but I'm afraid to use it. LOL

Just wondering.

lisa32989 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4590401)
I found this thread as I'm having my first go at the rotini tomorrow! Is there a plain rotini and a tomato basil rotini? I hate all the IP soups, I just couldn't stomach then. My plan for the rotini I got was to have it with the wf tomato basil sauce and add olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs and onion.

Also, the pasta salad idea sounds amazing, would you mind sharing. :-)

I asked my coach about the tomato basil rotini. She said its not available in the states yet.

IP43 01-21-2013 07:40 PM

I know some people used the tomato basil soup for a pizza crust but when Rainbow refered to the "pepto bismal pink"... now it's all I can think of. LOL. However, I'm gonna go make me some pasta salad for lunch tomorrow. Thanks all!!

Alohakiwi 01-24-2013 08:29 PM

Plain rotini is better. I find the tomato basil flavor too strong in the rotini. I made my tb soup into a pizza crust it was *ok*

Calisto 02-03-2013 06:10 PM

We just got the Tomatoe basil one at our office, my coach said they are discountiuning the plain rotini!!!

She said what they had in stock is all they were going to have because they could no longer order it (at least in the states)

IP43 02-03-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suchawittygal (Post 4601081)
Has anyone tried the WF Alfredo sauce yet? I just bought a jar of it, but I'm afraid to use it. LOL

Just wondering.

I've used it several times and quite like it. I sometimes add it to a creamy soup base too, to make it creamier. My hubby is an alfredo fan so it's nice to have one that doesn't have a million g of fat.