Would 1 T of greek yogurt be an ok substitute for daily milk allowance?

• I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched the forums and could not find this anywhere. I made the cookies with IP packets and feel like they are a Godsend as I'm getting sick of the soups.

Anyway, they are REALLY dry and I feel like they need something so I put a little vanilla stevia in 1T of greek yogurt and made icing. It was delicious! The count would be 0 fat, .5g carbs, 1.4 protein.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
    Denise
  • My coach allows me to substitute 1 oz feta cheese because I don't use the skim milk but she asked me to compare the nutritional values to skim milk first to ensure I pick the right one. I haven't done that with your Greek yogurt yet but at first glance it looks ok.

My coach also prefers when I have the cheese earlier in the day to mimic the timing of the skim milk and to keep it away from my evening protein.
  • Quote: My coach allows me to substitute 1 oz feta cheese because I don't use the skim milk but she asked me to compare the nutritional values to skim milk first to ensure I pick the right one. I haven't done that with your Greek yogurt yet but at first glance it looks ok.

My coach also prefers when I have the cheese earlier in the day to mimic the timing of the skim milk and to keep it away from my evening protein.
    THX Kitkat - good to know!
  • Thanks for the input! I'll see my coach on Thursday and double check.
  • Quote: I'm not sure where to ask this. I've searched the forums and could not find this anywhere. I made the cookies with IP packets and feel like they are a Godsend as I'm getting sick of the soups.

Anyway, they are REALLY dry and I feel like they need something so I put a little vanilla stevia in 1T of greek yogurt and made icing. It was delicious! The count would be 0 fat, .5g carbs, 1.4 protein.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
    Denise
    I found that when I made the cookies with EVOO they were kind of hard and dry, but when I made them with coconut oil they were light and fluffy. Maybe try coconut oil if you are using EVOO, there are tremendous health benefits to coconut oil as well.
  • Thanks I'll try the coconut oil!