3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Did I screw up? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272785-did-i-screw-up.html)

sweetpea2011 01-07-2013 01:00 AM

Did I screw up?

So, just now I was heading to bed and because I was around a bunch of sick people today, without thinking I popped 2 vitamin C's and an Echinacea!! How bad did I screw up!?! I'm so mad at myself... Ive been saying NO to sugar so well lately and then I just pop 'sugar' in my mouth without even thinking!! I am mostly wondering about the vitamin C as I think the Echinacea is okay.... But thought I'd mention it too just in case there is something I don't know!

scorbett1103 01-07-2013 01:33 AM

If you look at the bottle that the Vitamin C came from, you'll know pretty fast if there was sugar - any carbs in the nutritional value are a dead giveaway.

The good news is, NOW you will be even more aware of what you put in your mouth, and chances are good you won't let that happen again. Nothing you can do about it now other than to pick up where you left off and move forward. But with a little more insight! It is SO easy to be a little mindless about putting things in our mouths - I've been at this six months and I STILL have to stop myself from licking fingers, spoons and such. So far so good, but I still have to be so aware of what I'm doing.

BrittStar027 01-07-2013 06:37 AM

I did that last week with some Nyquil. I was not even thinking and took a dose. I realized the second i swallowed that what i had taken was more than likely not sugar free. I was so mad! Luckily, i checked in the morning and i was still in ketosis. Good luck!

Billster 01-07-2013 08:19 AM

I use to take a chewable vit c everyday when i started IP as i felt like i was coming down with something - still lost 8.8 that week.... And a 5.9 the next week.

usmcvet 01-07-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 4578954)
I did that last week with some Nyquil. I was not even thinking and took a dose. I realized the second i swallowed that what i had taken was more than likely not sugar free. I was so mad! Luckily, i checked in the morning and i was still in ketosis. Good luck!

Ladies, you're sick don't be too hard on yourself. I did the same thing with Nyquil, look at the label it is LOADED with sugar, and still tastes NASTY, medicine is medicine and shouldn't taste good, but that is just my opinion. Use the gel caps, that's what I switched to, no sugar. We live an learn but just work the program and you'll be good to go.

maezy1 01-07-2013 10:02 AM

I REALLY wouldn't worry about it. You are getting some sugar each day and one SMALL mistake wont hurt u unless you keep doing it. Never realized just how much sugar is in some meds.

New Englander 01-07-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrittStar027 (Post 4578954)

Hey Britt, Not to rain on your parade, but...ketones will stay in your system following something that could take you out. Hence, you could have been kicked out but with the ketones still floating around they would still show up on a stick.

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: Not a big deal though. Several ppl use flavored extracts which have alcohol in them and lose just fine...

tunafish246 01-07-2013 10:27 AM

When you start looking at labels you will be surprised how many places sugar is hidden.

Like when my hubby was on the diet, his tummy was bugging him and I went to give him some tums, until I noticed it had sugar in it!