3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Keurig K Cups - Tea and Coffee (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272761-keurig-k-cups-tea-coffee.html)

GramEGail 01-06-2013 07:42 PM

Keurig K Cups - Tea and Coffee

Okay, I got a Keurig for Christmas. I don't drink coffee but like tea and cocoa. The Cocoa K-cups all have calories and the teas are okay for IP, I think. But my question is about coffee - it has no calories? I made a K-cup that is called Donut Shop Coconut Mocha (no calories information on box so I assume no calories since some of the boxes have calorie information?) and added some RTD IP Vanilla. OMGosh it was delicious, it was so good it is hard to believe this is IP. Can anyone help me on this? Also, how much coffee can we drink on IP since on my sheet it says optional in morning. I have never really had it before so I know nothing about it. I thought we could have as much herbal tea as we wanted?

IdealProteinNewbie 01-06-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramEGail (Post 4578290)
Okay, I got a Keurig for Christmas. I don't drink coffee but like tea and cocoa. The Cocoa K-cups all have calories and the teas are okay for IP, I think. But my question is about coffee - it has no calories? I made a K-cup that is called Donut Shop Coconut Mocha (no calories information on box so I assume no calories since some of the boxes have calorie information?) and added some RTD IP Vanilla. OMGosh it was delicious, it was so good it is hard to believe this is IP. Can anyone help me on this? Also, how much coffee can we drink on IP since on my sheet it says optional in morning. I have never really had it before so I know nothing about it. I thought we could have as much herbal tea as we wanted?

Most flavored coffee's are fine. Somewhere on the box should be an ingredients list...if it just says "flavored coffee beans" it is fine.

Regarding quantity: my coach said I should have an extra cup of water per cup of coffee I drink in addition to my 64 oz for the day as coffee is a diuretic.

EPAPRN 01-06-2013 07:52 PM

Yes you can have flavored coffee, but be very careful to read the package. Some of the K-cups (like some of the Iced Teas are sweetened). My favorites are the decaf Mandarin Orange spice tea, Kahlua flavored coffee, gingerbread and pumpkin spice - all just flavored and calorie free.

I have an online club membership to Green Mountain Coffee. It's worth getting a membership if you drink it - free shipping w/4 boxes and you can customize when you get shipments (we get one every 6 weeks) and they have tons of variety - not just GMC brands.
You can also see the nutrition info on the website.
www.greenmountaincoffee.com

KitKat169 01-06-2013 07:52 PM

Most coffees, flavoured or otherwise, don't have significant calories like maybe a couple per cup. There are some Keurig speciality ones like the Cafe Escapes that are much higher in calories. Teas are fine too.

Coffee is supposed to be limited to 1 cup per day or go to decaf. If you drink more than 1 cup like I do, then drink 1 cup extra water.

If you like flavoured coffee or tea you can also try adding the sugar-free syrups like DaVincy brand. I really like the toasted marshmallow, english toffee and amaretto.

PamC 01-06-2013 08:35 PM

That coconut mocha is good isn't it? One of the girls in my office brought that flavor in and it smells great. It's just coffee so is 0 cal.

GramEGail 01-06-2013 08:35 PM

So if the Kerurig cup box has no calorie information that means no calories - because some do, lilke you said on the sweetened teas, but then some don't?

GramEGail 01-06-2013 08:36 PM

Yes, Pam, it is delicious with RTD Vanilla! So delicous can't believe it is okay to have on IP!!

maezy1 01-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GramEGail (Post 4578395)
So if the Kerurig cup box has no calorie information that means no calories - because some do, lilke you said on the sweetened teas, but then some don't?

If it has calories in it then it has to be on the box. I got a kuerrig for Christmas too. I found a couple of coffees with calories but then found the ones without and nothing was written on the box.It feels like cheating but it is so good!

goldilocksinct 01-06-2013 08:55 PM

I bought some different K cups for the holidays since we had house guests. I started IP after that and stopped drinking coffee. I tried some Celestial Seasons Chai tea that was left--it is wonderful and has no sugar, just lots of spices.

AnnaBoBanna 01-06-2013 09:12 PM

A lot of them have sugar so be careful and read the ingredients carefully. If there are none, try to google them.

GeauxTigers82 01-06-2013 09:23 PM

The donut shop coconut mocha has 5 calories per serving.

goldilocksinct 01-06-2013 09:27 PM

My tea is Twinings, not Celestial Seasonings.

IP43 01-06-2013 10:33 PM

I just bought a 4 pack of filters for the Keurig at an "As seen on TV" packaging and you can add your regular coffee or even a teabag or loose tea to the filter and use regular products in the Keurig. I have a hard time paying a buck for a cup of tea I brew at home so this is a great solution. You can buy ONE filter for 19.99 that's metal (I've seen them at Staples). But the ones I got were a 4 pack for 9.99 and they're plastic with metal mesh.

Keurigs are great but expensive. I'm hooked on the French Vanilla Decaf though as I don't have to have extra water!

Great Dane 01-07-2013 12:01 AM

I stand at my grocers with my iPhone and look up any k-cup that I might buy. I have found that on line I can find the nutrition labels when not on the box and usually the news isn't good. Other times I'll find differing info and if one site says no carbs or cals and the other says yes carbs and cals I don't buy it.

sam221 01-07-2013 01:42 AM

If you love coffee and tea there is much to choose . Decaf can be a good option . Or may be some flavors to look at cheap k cups