Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Correct. No calorie counting
Yah. My dh just made soup, and now it's all ip!!! Tx again ladies!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Today I made a good soup for the week! Easy way to get veggies in, and filling.

I boiled water and added a bay leaf, garlic, frozen cut rutabaga, celery, frozen pepper strips, frozen broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, summer squash, and a little onion at the end. Once it was good an tender, I pureed most of it until smooth, left some of it chunky for texture. Put it back in the pot with the veggie stock, added salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, curry powder, and a chicken boullion cube.

It was delicious and very satisfying. Basically only veggies and water! I also added a little garlic hot sauce to my personal bowl as I ate, and more curry powder.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #18  

Made Wuv's soup for last night and is was SO DELICIOUS!!!! Have a bunch left for lunches all this week! My hubby loved it too!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:23 AM   #19  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Default Missing onion

How much onion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
I just made this the other day. I found this recipe somewhere on the recipe stickies in the site, but I haven't been able to find it again--just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

Vegetable Soup
3 c. chicken or beef broth
2 garlic cloves
1/2 c. celery
1 T tomato paste
2 c. chopped cabbage
1/2 c. frozen or fresh green beans
1/2 c. chopped zucchini
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. dried oregano
sea salt and pepper to taste

Spray the bottom of a medium sauce pan with olive oil cooking spray. Saute the garlic and celery on medium-low heat until celery starts to soften. Add 1/2 c. of the stock, cabbage and zucchini and saute for a few more minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir around. Add the rest of the stock, green beans, onion, basil, and oregano. Let simmer for 10-15 min. Sea salt and pepper to taste.

I divided it into 2 servings, and considered that my veggies for that meal. Keep in mind that it does have green beans and tomato paste, so I counted that as 1/4 c. of restricted veggies for that day.
nineonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:56 AM   #20  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
How much onion?
You could have it or leave it out.
I make a much easier soup then this.
I take 64 oz of stock - typically I do half chicken and half turkey because thatís what I have on hand and I just add poultry seasoning and then add frozen vegetables from Costco -either 2 bags of riced cauliflower or broccoli (Costco frozen vegetables comes with 4 inner bags - I use half so 2 of the inner bags. I then add 8 scoops of pea protein powder for 8 protein soup servings for my lunch that also counts as 2 cups of my vegetables.
I have eaten this every day. Iím liking the riced cauliflower of late - loving it especially while I had the flu recently.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote