3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Decided it was about time... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272593-decided-about-time.html)

trucolours88 01-04-2013 08:31 PM

Decided it was about time...

...To introduce myself!!

I've been "creeping" this forum for awhile now, getting to know most of you but yet never got the courage to woman up and introduce myself..

My name is Kristina, I'm 22, and I'm from Ontario, Canada...I've been on IP 3 times now, every time being 100%OP.

I decided to first go on IP in March of 2011, when I hit my highest weight at 225..I was so out of control with my eating habits and was not happy with what I saw when I looked in the mirror and I was only 20! I knew I had to do something.

I heard of IP from my aunt, who lost 20lbs and I thought "I hate veggies, I hate restricting my food intake, I hate not being able to drink" but then I thought "I also hate not being able to find clothes that fit/look good, I hate the way I look, and I hate being obese on the BMI scale" so..I woman-ed up and started IP.

The first time I did IP lasted 2.5 months. I got down to 174 before I decided to phase off for the summer. With a 51lb loss I was feeling on top of the world..which caused me to slip and started eating whatever I wanted...

Which led me to March 2012 where I weighed in at 193..boy was I not happy to see that I gained 21lbs back..back onto IP I go for another 2 months and got down to 160..Lost the 21lbs plus 14lbs more! Again phased off and went through the summer..drinking, partying, eating crap...

My birthday was October 17, and I weighed in at 188...how did I gain almost 30lbs in 6 months?!?! I had a melt down...I started October 22, went through the whole holiday season being 100%OP and am down to 156...Hoping to hit my goal by sometime mid February..

I joined because I know I need the support for when I phase off...to maintain..that's been the hardest part for me..now that I know I can loose the weight, I need help and support from all you lovely ladies&men to help maintain!!

Anyway sorry for the ramble..but happy I finally introduced myself :)

Willi 01-04-2013 08:39 PM

Welcome back!

scorbett1103 01-04-2013 08:40 PM

Welcome! It sounds like you have had quite a journey so far. This is a great place for encouragement, information, and a swift kick in the pants when you need it :)

ragdoll74 01-04-2013 08:51 PM

Welcome back! We have similar stats, so we might be hitting maintenance around the same time. Hoping we both figure out maintenance when we get there. I'm afraid of losing control when i start adding in carbs.

NinjaNurse 01-04-2013 08:53 PM

Welcome back!! Best of luck on your journey!!

Calisto 01-04-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

and I thought "I hate veggies, I hate restricting my food intake, I hate not being able to drink" but then I thought "I also hate not being able to find clothes that fit/look good, I hate the way I look, and I hate being obese on the BMI scale" so..I woman-ed up and started IP.
Sounds like me! Welcome back!!

Chloe222 01-04-2013 09:49 PM

Welcome back!

You have a tremendous track record of losing weight. By coming here and actively joining the forum you'll probably find the support that gets you to goal and then to successful maintenance.

:welcome3:

Hgamroth 01-04-2013 09:59 PM

WELCOME!!! We have the same amount to lose so hopefully we can help each other figure out maintenance. :)

nasu27 01-04-2013 10:15 PM

Thats quite a quick weight loss, anyway to maintains its better to jump on scale everyday so u wont be out of control too far..
Lets get fit together

BeccaGrim 01-04-2013 10:36 PM

Welcome! This time will be the time that it all works permanently.

mightbe 01-05-2013 12:13 AM

Hi and welcome :D

kileymed13 01-05-2013 08:02 AM

Welcome!! The support here is great as you have read. Good luck reaching your goal and phasing off.

Starshine 01-05-2013 08:13 AM

Welcome! You have been on such a journey so far, and it's great that you've been lurking here and reading up on everything. And now you're posting. Wonderful!

You'll find lots of support here, and there are a lot of us who will be hitting maintenance around the same time as you, so we'll be doing this together. There are a lot of us also, who fear maintenance, and gaining the weight back, and being out of control when we had back in carbs, so you'll have lots of support!

You've doing great so far, and I know you can do this! :)

IdealProteinNewbie 01-05-2013 08:20 AM

Welcome!!!

I "lurked" for months too, but it really helps to post, lots of encouragement here!!!

PamC 01-05-2013 08:42 AM

Welcome! As a newbie here, it's really encouraging to see that you've done so well each time you've done IP.