3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I need help understanding this (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272430-i-need-help-understanding.html)

AAAMom 01-02-2013 06:02 PM

I need help understanding this

Today was my first weigh-in. I've been 100% OP this first week. Did not cheat at all. I'm only down one and a half pounds but I did lose 3 inches. However, my scale at home has me down 7 pounds. This is not the same consultant that I first had. I wasn't very impressed with her. All she can saying to me was "you must've cheated". I'm in a pair Of jeans that did not fit last week. I'm truly ok with this since my scale at home went down.

Any ideas????:?::?:

Dakin 01-02-2013 06:05 PM

I know that at my clinic, they wrote down which scale and at which settings I used. That helped me get a consistent weigh in week-to-week.
It's possible that the scale you used today was not set up the same as the one from your initial weigh in.
3" is a great loss for one week! Are your clothes beginning to feel a little looser? I'll be the scale issue is the problem.
Keep up the great work!

Billster 01-02-2013 06:15 PM

Well my scale at home and at the clinic (when I did IP out of a clinic) were 9 LBS difference. Not all scales are the same. I left my clinic to alternative due to the switch in coaches. FYI Ideal Protein has removed all advertisements on losing 3-7 lbs a week some time back so don’t expect those numbers all the time. Most of us lose around 2. My weight always differs depending in TOM as well and my waist can go up ¼ inch during that time. As long as you are happy then who cares? However I know how hard it is to have a coach who does not support you.

scorbett1103 01-02-2013 06:16 PM

First of all, shame on that coach for making ridiculous accusations. I would be sure to complain about that to the owner of the clinic, you are paying THEM for a service and do not need to be treated that way.

Second, if they use multiple scales, and did not make sure that you were weighed on the same one both times, chances are VERY good the calibrations are different.

Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel, and the knowledge that inches ARE gone. And make sure you get a different coach (and that they record which scale you used) next time.

Nolawhodatchick 01-02-2013 06:35 PM

My idea is you are doing great. 100% OP, 3 inches lost and weight is down! Repeating: 3 INCHES LOST! I think this is another case of a coach who isn't properly supporting the client. I don't pretend I know what IP coaches go through and see, and probably the see cheating without clients admitting, but if they outright ask a client about cheats and the client says no, that's it, they should believe the client. Plus there is nothing in your results that would indicate a cheat, they are great OP IP results. Sorry you didn't get more support today when you went in.

EagleRiverDee 01-02-2013 06:40 PM

Ignore the coach. Obviously when you see a 7 lb loss on the home scale, and your clothes fit better, you have made progress. My doctor's scale weighs me 5# heavier than my home scale, but all that matters is that each time I go see her (assuming we use the same scale) she will still see the same overall weight loss I see.

Ktieman 01-02-2013 06:42 PM

how can i get the weight count down thing, that's too cute!!

Calisto 01-02-2013 07:01 PM

blah to her! You lost 3" in the first week! That is awesome!

TOM can change things and I notice I get bloated if I have ham or tomatoes (and retain more water) right before weigh in.

Ignore her and know you are on the right track! I don't understand the coaches who just assume people have cheated... rude!

scorbett1103 01-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktieman (Post 4572310)
how can i get the weight count down thing, that's too cute!!

You need to be on the forum for 20 days and have posted 20 times, then you will have the option to include a signature with a ticker :)

AAAMom 01-02-2013 07:17 PM

Thanks for the great support! I just needed to vent!

bubbleblower 01-02-2013 07:58 PM

I'm looking at my home scale WIs as the 'authoritative' ones since I always do them first thing in the morning with no clothes on and prior to eating or drinking anything. That way I take those variables out of the equation. My coach agreed with this approach as it made the most sense for consistency.

As scorbett said, what your coach said to you was completely out of line.

learning to fly 01-02-2013 08:19 PM

Different coaches measure differently, and some are just plain dumb. Sorry I'm kinda bitter about my experience with the coach... but it's simply the reality....just as some coaches are great and amazing, some will say the stupidest things. I had a similar experience for the few weeks that I was going to see a coach. My scale would show -2 lbs, their shows +2. My inches kept going up according to them even though I lost 12 pounds the first week and about 2 pounds per week after that (according to my scale). I trusted my scale at home because it is a good scale and never acted "weird" as far as I know and at home I measure myself naked and at the same time of the day, so there is some consistency. But anyway, you did amazing your first week, holly molly!

matteell 01-03-2013 10:06 AM

I go by my scale, because I can weigh in at the same time in the morning, but if i go weigh in at the clinic, it can be different times etc. So i know later in the day i weigh more than i do in the morning time. Keep 100%, it will come up.. I am loving the program..

mompattie 01-03-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4572261)
First of all, shame on that coach for making ridiculous accusations. I would be sure to complain about that to the owner of the clinic, you are paying THEM for a service and do not need to be treated that way.

Second, if they use multiple scales, and did not make sure that you were weighed on the same one both times, chances are VERY good the calibrations are different.

Go by how you feel, how your clothes feel, and the knowledge that inches ARE gone. And make sure you get a different coach (and that they record which scale you used) next time.

LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!!

AAAMom 01-03-2013 11:58 AM

Hi,
Couple things, scales were the same, however, she had to check 3-5 times on the calibration. Also, she couldn't get my measurements right (except for 2 of them). I know that measurements are only correct if the same person does them. I just didn't get a warn feeling of confidence. I will definitely approach the owner, I just need to figure out when she is there.

Going forward, my scale at home will be my tracker.
Thanks again everyone!