3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Thread Wednesday 1/2/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272373-ip-daily-thread-wednesday-1-2-2013-a.html)

FutureFitChick 01-02-2013 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Firstly, thanks for everyone's support and kind words regarding my pup. Both my husband and I moped and wept all day when she wasn't here. (Trying to get any writing done was fruitless -- I just kept staring at my computer and my mind kept thinking about pup.) After a few more tests the vet wanted to keep her overnight. We went to visit and she had a change of heart and let us bring her home. Care for her has been such a big part of our lives and will continue to be for a few more days. We believe that it is cancer (leukemia or histiocytic sarcoma), but I do not want to subject her to the bone marrow biopsy to confirm. She would be too far advanced at this point to make successful treatment a realistic option. Just in case we are trying a few meds at home, but they are unlikely to really help. I am attaching a picture of her. My 4 year old nephew had shared his blankie with her and tucked her in with his Rafiki. So sweet!

I am not normally a person that does a good job at seeking external support when I am going through something difficult and emotional like this. For some reason I really reached out to people and have been richly rewarded with support. Thank you all! I think because of that, my eating was 100% on plan yesterday. I have had an on plan breakfast this morning and have a plan for today as well.

Chloe222, congrats!

A1Texan, hope the headache is better soon.

MonicaK, so glad you got to sleep!

rainbowsmiles 01-02-2013 09:50 AM

:wave: good morning!!!!!!!!
still sick in bed....phlegm is just down right nasty!!

texan: you made me lol this morning! sorry for your troubles...but than you for the laugh :D i'm so bad!!

vet: so nice to see you again friend!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!

scorbett....Brrrrrr.....i wouldn't mind the cold as long as i got to see pretty snow!!!

nola.....you rock!!!!!!!!!!

lisa...have fun at delray!!!

chloe: :wave: how are you dear?? way to gon on that reboot and 3.8 lbs!! :woohoo:

maezy: yeah for the walking around and lol about those skunk stripes!! love it!

monica: :yay: woohoo for the sleep.....sleep does a body good!!

missdee: only YOU can make the amount of commitment that you need to be as successful as you desire...come on now...NEW YEAR NEW YOU, YOU CAN DO IT!!

tigers....yeah on the smaller clothes!!!!!!!!!!

breezie: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles 01-02-2013 09:51 AM

futurefitchic: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Willi 01-02-2013 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4571555]Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Firstly, thanks for everyone's support and kind words regarding my pup. Both my husband and I moped and wept all day when she wasn't here. (Trying to get any writing done was fruitless -- I just kept staring at my computer and my mind kept thinking about pup.) After a few more tests the vet wanted to keep her overnight. We went to visit and she had a change of heart and let us bring her home. Care for her has been such a big part of our lives and will continue to be for a few more days. We believe that it is cancer (leukemia or histiocytic sarcoma), but I do not want to subject her to the bone marrow biopsy to confirm. She would be too far advanced at this point to make successful treatment a realistic option. Just in case we are trying a few meds at home, but they are unlikely to really help. I am attaching a picture of her. My 4 year old nephew had shared his blankie with her and tucked her in with his Rafiki. So sweet!

My heart is broken for you, so so sad. :(:(

Keep us updated and enjoy your time with her.

mrskuby 01-02-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureFitChick (Post 4571555)
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

I am not normally a person that does a good job at seeking external support when I am going through something difficult and emotional like this. For some reason I really reached out to people and have been richly rewarded with support. Thank you all! I think because of that, my eating was 100% on plan yesterday. I have had an on plan breakfast this morning and have a plan for today as well.

Chloe222, congrats!

I am so sorry to hear about your pup! My girl has a torn ACL and we opted not to do surgery and she was improving but the snow has aggravated it and she's limping pretty severely. I know how hard it can be to see a loyal member of the family suffering and not be able to do much besides provide love. Stay strong my friend!:hug:

MonicaKolesnik 01-02-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Chloe222, congrats!

I am so glad you got to bring your baby home. No one knows how to love her better then you and your husband. Keep us updated and if you need more support we are here.

Thanks Rainbow..I am also in bed due to phlegm and body ache....arge.

scorbett1103 01-02-2013 10:11 AM

Weigh In Wednesday update - I am down 1.4lbs and 2 inches!!! Considering this week my house was hit by the plague, and I have TOM on top of it all, I'll call that a win! :)

Maezy - congrats on getting mobile!
Monica - glad you are improving, hope you get all the way better fast!
FutureFitChick - so sorry about your pup. Keeping you in my thoughts :)

Debrasb 01-02-2013 10:18 AM

Kids are back to school today -- rough morning getting the baby to want to let go of my neck. I hate clingy mornings--they are so depressing. I feel better seeing I am not the only one!

Third week in a row with 1 lb. or less losses. Definitely feeling frustrated!! I have a big work conference coming up and two weeks left before I have to buy clothes for it -- was hoping to be down another size in time so I don't waste all my $$.

A1Texan 01-02-2013 10:24 AM

Things are right in the world....Thanks for the support :)

pocahontas812 01-02-2013 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=FutureFitChick;4571555]Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Sorry to hear about you pup, she looks so sweet. We went through something very similar last year with our 12-year old dog Kola. It was devastating, but it helped to look at pictures and reminisce about all the wonderful times we had with him over the years. We have 2 other wonderful dogs, but I do still miss him.

djs06 01-02-2013 11:29 AM

FutureFitChick- I'm so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts. :hug:

rnincharge 01-02-2013 11:31 AM

IP over the hollidays

I feel like I am always saying "I can't have that"! I'm glad the hollidays are over and I don't have to Volunteer to bring green salad everywhere that I go! My chesat on news day was cranberry sauce on my turkey. I have avoided any pizza in my home since I started IP, but made it yesterday. What a mistake! I ate the topping off of 2 pieces. I felt like I just lost controll. Can't do that anymore, my weight loss is slow enough!

Chloe222 01-02-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4571599)
Weigh In Wednesday update - I am down 1.4lbs and 2 inches!!! Considering this week my house was hit by the plague, and I have TOM on top of it all, I'll call that a win! :)

Scorbett,
You are such a good dieter. Always losing, a good role model. It has to be tough too with little ones in the house and the foods they eat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnincharge (Post 4571715)
I feel like I am always saying "I can't have that"! I'm glad the hollidays are over and I don't have to Volunteer to bring green salad everywhere that I go! My chesat on news day was cranberry sauce on my turkey. I have avoided any pizza in my home since I started IP, but made it yesterday. What a mistake! I ate the topping off of 2 pieces. I felt like I just lost controll. Can't do that anymore, my weight loss is slow enough!

LOL! I also volunteer to bring salads to everyone's house for our group dinners. That way I know there is something I can eat. When I'm relegated to something other than salad, I always eat my IP dinner before I go and then just push a little food around my plate so no one really takes much notice of what I'm eating or not eating. The good thing is that I really focus on what others are doing in their lives and it makes great conversation (and stronger relationships). I also bring my own beverage (Sodastream homemade seltzer) so I don't feel deprived. Everyone else is drinking wine and I don't want to succumb to that.

Re the pizza topping, at least you won't eat off program again for a while I imagine. Plus, you didn't eat the crust - good for you!! Have a good day.

maezy1 01-02-2013 11:49 AM

FUTURE CHICK - praying for you...I know how hard it is when a pup is sick. mine are such a big part of my family

usmcvet 01-02-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Chloe222, congrats!

Future! Hugs out to you and your husband. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4571570)
vet: so nice to see you again friend!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!

Thanks you can too and I'm sending you a big hug even though you told me you have a cold. ;):hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4571624)
Things are right in the world....Thanks for the support :)

Good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnincharge (Post 4571715)

I don't say "I can't" I just say no thank you. Because we can all do what we want to. I know I have and that's why I'm here but I am gaining on my goals.