Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Tex, Stick with it! Don't give up on all the hard work you have done!

In the begining I was a slow loser, maybe a pound a week. But then all of a sudden it is like my body realized, hey, this is good for me. I had a week like you did and man was I pissed off, but then the next week I lost 6 pounds. So it will add up. I really do understand where you are coming from. I was watching everyone dropping 3, 4 6 pounds a week and I would lose 1, maybe 2. It can be frustrating, but remember it will happen for you!

If I can be any help or encouragement let me know.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #17  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

So happy to see my weight scale smilling back at me this morning! Well, I was smilling anyway. Hope this is the end of my 'plateau'!!! Pretty discouraging to see a lack on movement on that scale for almost 3 weeks!!!! (OK, I might have cheated a bit...who told you?) Haha
But I'm back and very happy today. Hope it's a sign for good things to come.

As the new year begins, I wish you (my 3FC friends) a year of peace, happiness and an abundance of new friends. Every one should be born again on Janurary 1st.
So as we begin this new chapter in our lives, I wish you all the happiness you dream of and all the free time to spend with me on 3FC :-D
♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪
Old 12-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
As the new year begins, I wish you (my 3FC friends) a year of peace, happiness and an abundance of new friends. Every one should be born again on Janurary 1st.
So as we begin this new chapter in our lives, I wish you all the happiness you dream of and all the free time to spend with me on 3FC :-D
♫ HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪
right back at ya!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
bubbleblower....dreams can sure seem REAL!!! i had food dreams early on, but thankfully no longer do they haunt my sleeping mind! hahaha

still reeling from being sick. i am such a wimp when it comes to being sick! oooh sickness be gone!!! i need the color back in my rainbow!!
Aww, Rainbow, get well soon!

As for dreams, ladies, the only food dreams I have had left me feeling quite happy because I enjoyed all the food in the dream with no anxiety, then woke to find I suffered no calories/fat/carbs!! Call me crazy, but food dreams have always worked to my advantage. They can be VERY real, I could have sworn I ate a slice of a wonderful fancy 7 layer decadent chocolate cake one time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today
It's a down side of weighing daily. I also weigh daily. I get excited if the result is favorable, but totally ignore any "negative" result until official WI.
As for WHOOSHES, I can honestly say I've not had a single WHOOSH on IP. Did lose 5 lbs in the first week, but otherwise it's been between 1.8-3.6 steadily for me, and usually somewhere in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
i am having a hard time being 100% op, have a big old party at my home tonight. going to plan ahead.

my nemesis is cashews. my coach has told me they are high in carbs and fats.
why cant i stay away. i am not allowing any more cashews in my home.

i have done that with icecream and other goodies, gotta get cashews out, out of here!
Stay strong! Remember, you are trying to get to Jan. 29, that's not very far off. And by all means, throw out the cashews for now. It's so easy to go astray with nuts because a small amount can pack quite a punch in terms of breaking our diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Weighed in yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! Yay! 6 pounds to goal, but I'm going to lower it by at least 10 pounds, but for now, it's great to say "6 pounds to goal!"

Snowy and not so cold here in Santa Fe today. Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone!
THIS IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I set a new mini-goal. It's only for 10 lbs by Valentines, but short-term goals keepme focused. I also want to go down a size in jeans by early Feb. I have lots of nice almost new jeans in the next lowest size from a few years back before I gained this weight.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 12-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
thanks starshine!! WOW...LOOK AT YOU so close to goal!!! awesome!!!!!!!!! it must just feel A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!
way to go on losing 4 more pounds too!! that is a LOT when you are so close to your goal!! woohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hot tea chicken soup and sleep will surely bring the color back into my rainbow!!
Thanks, Rainbow! I'm amazed that my losses have been pretty much consistent, especially getting close to goal. Simply amazed by it and so very happy!

Hope you get your color back soon, Rainbow!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
Tex, Stick with it! Don't give up on all the hard work you have done!

In the begining I was a slow loser, maybe a pound a week. But then all of a sudden it is like my body realized, hey, this is good for me. I had a week like you did and man was I pissed off, but then the next week I lost 6 pounds. So it will add up. I really do understand where you are coming from. I was watching everyone dropping 3, 4 6 pounds a week and I would lose 1, maybe 2. It can be frustrating, but remember it will happen for you!

If I can be any help or encouragement let me know.
Thanks Kat. Everyone here has been most encouraging and giving me the strength to continue. Since I only see my Coach once a week, it's hard to get anything out of her. I plan on going to my Dr. after this week for more guidance if things don't change.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post

THIS IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!

Happy New Years Eve, everyone! I set a new mini-goal. It's only for 10 lbs by Valentines, but short-term goals keepme focused. I also want to go down a size in jeans by early Feb. I have lots of nice almost new jeans in the next lowest size from a few years back before I gain this weight.
Thanks, Nola!!!

10 pounds by Valentines isn't an "only" in my book. You can do it! You'll be rocking those jeans for Valentine's Day!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in up .6 lbs today, but body fat down 2%. I'll take it!

I thought it might not be the best weigh in because Friday was a very active day for me, I'm still a little sore.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #24  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this. I'm just frustrated because I see everyone else loosing faster. I want to see the WHOOOOSH....LOL
Sometimes I felt like that too... my weight loss was pretty slow and my overall average was about 1.75/wk. But I eventually got there. I've just phased out into maintenance this past Friday.
Hang in there and you'll eventually reach your goal. It's really important to not compare your weight loss to that of others because it can be frustrating. Everyone is different.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #25  

rainbow hope that you feel better soon! love the new pic!
A1TEXAN did you happen to read Al Roker's interview in the paper yesterday? He said the number doesn't define him but keeps him honest. HE celebrates all the number means to him. I'm a daily weigher as well. It's when I stop weighing that I have run into trouble in my life. I have had many days where personally I thought it should have gone down but it didn't but eventually the whoosh fairy comes and the weight comes off!
Starshine Congrats!!! excited for you
NOLAwhodatchick I set the same mini goal. Secretly I want 15 lbs gone by then but I will be very happy with anything. 15 lbs puts me in the overweight category and out of the big OBESE category. One questions - Where do you find the Dr. Sears ZONE protein powder? I will be bringing my son back to college in NOLA at the end of the week so I can get it there if I cant find it here.
Facing the New Year's traditional dinner here in Louisiana that includes pork, black eyed peas and cabbage. Going to my SIL so I will have to bring alternatives. Don't like ham and black eyed peas aren't exactly IP approved.
I hope everyone has a safe NYE and see yall in 2013! It's gonna be a GREAT new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Weigh in up .6 lbs today, but body fat down 2%. I'll take it!

I thought it might not be the best weigh in because Friday was a very active day for me, I'm still a little sore.
That's great, Ragdoll. Lowering the body fat by 2% is exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
rainbow
Starshine Congrats!!! excited for you

Facing the New Year's traditional dinner here in Louisiana that includes pork, black eyed peas and cabbage. Going to my SIL so I will have to bring alternatives. Don't like ham and black eyed peas aren't exactly IP approved.
I hope everyone has a safe NYE and see yall in 2013! It's gonna be a GREAT new year!
Thanks so much, Maezy! Have fun at the dinner, and enjoy those alternatives!

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #27  

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!
All this talk of dreams is too funny. I had a dream last night, not food related but really odd. My son was taking a poetry class and his teacher's name was Mr. Falk, he was struggling and failing. Very odd...could it be the different eating???

So today I'm at work, we're hoping for a noon release (fingers crossed). Out tonight to a dessert and drink party. I'll eat before and bring a bottle of Pelegrino. Making a roast for dinner tonight.

Happy New Year to all!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #28  

Quote:
Religious on IP this entire weekend and no results on the scale....not feeling it today
Was today WI day or are you peeking ahead-of-time?
Are you putting your oil ON your food or just cooking w/ it? Some found the "cooking only" thing stalled em & they had to put it ON
If you get to WI day w/o a loss, it is your coaches job to tweak your plan. Sometimes ADDING a packet works, too!

Feeling your frustration...read on...

I'm a little disappointed I don't get a NYE or NYD weigh-in. My friend's scale weighs REALLY heavy and since I've been OP, I know I haven't gained & it is calibrated way different than my clinic. Oh well...trust the protocol and wait til 1/7...

Until then, I'll be jealous of everyone's great WIs! Congrats to all!

I've scheduled w/my coach to go twice monthly but I'm not sure I can take the anticipation...

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-31-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
NOLAwhodatchick I set the same mini goal. Secretly I want 15 lbs gone by then but I will be very happy with anything. 15 lbs puts me in the overweight category and out of the big OBESE category. One questions - Where do you find the Dr. Sears ZONE protein powder? I will be bringing my son back to college in NOLA at the end of the week so I can get it there if I cant find it here.
HEY MAEZY!!! How are you doing? I hope your recovery is going well. I am in AWE of your 51lbs!! You have had a lot on your plate, and have nonetheless rocked this diet! WTG!!!
I get the ZONE protein powder from online; I don't know of a place to by it in person. It costs $19.69 per cannister but I find a little goes a long way. They say it is flavor neutral but I find it to have just a touch of sweet flavor when I add it to a shake. Not overtly sweet, just a hint like when you add a splash of milk to coffee. They also say on the site it is to be mixed with food such as soup, smoothies, yogurt as it isn't 100% dissolveable in water. I find I have to stir it well. If you google Sears Zone Protein Powder, it should pop right up as the first link. Or if you don't find it that way, go to the Dr. Sears zonediet site and look under Products>Supplements and it will be the last item under the supplements list. Its working well for me and my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAMom View Post
So today I'm at work, we're hoping for a noon release (fingers crossed).
Keeping my fingers crossed that you get off at noon, too!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #30  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

First time attempting to post a picture . . I hope this works!

Hubby and I started this journey in September. He has completed his while I'm still working on mine. Together we have lost over 100lbs since we started in September! Great way to end a great year!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Last edited by tunafish246; 12-31-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Closed Thread