Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Beck81,
Congrats on making goal! Your pictures are amazing, you are an inspiration!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAMom View Post
Good morning everyone,

Today is day four, yesterday I wanted to eat my arm off yesterday!But my consultant called me and told me to eat or have another packet so I made a raspberry jelly (which actually was quite good) and that worked!

I'm feeling lighter!
It will get better very soon! At about day 5 for me, I didn't feel hungry and had a sudden burst of energy. It's an awesome feeling. I also was told by my coach to eat 4 packets if it helped and it did. I'm gad I dd it, and it certainly didn't hurt my weight loss that first week! Congrats on sticking to it!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #18  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday to everyone. I know the holidays are hard to stick OP but it seems that the resolve here is very strong. I am in cold Denver and being a southerner it has been achallenge dealing with the weather. Thankfully I have not been tempted to sit inside and eat! I feel great OP and am convinced that our supplements are happy pills. Very pleased with my progress so far and happy to read your posts and successes for inspiration & info. Best wishes for 2013 to all!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Cooking with The Single Guy

Finished shopping last night for all my ingredients for my fresh Red Pepper Salsa. First attempt at using my oven started with removing all the plastic from the tray inside (I did remember that before turning it on). Prepared the bell peppers, poblano and jalapenos (note to self: don't blow your nose after handling the jalapenos because they will burn for quite a long time).

Oven set at 500 and peppers all on cookie sheet (new) and sprayed with olive oil and placed in oven; set timer to 8 minutes. 3 minutes into it my smoke alarm started going off. It seems that the dust in the oven (need to talk to the maid about this) set off the alarm. (Now eyes and nose burning)
All is good now, peppers roasting nicely. So it time to look for the blender. I know I have one but where did I put it so I could find it for margarita’s. Blender found and all set up to add everything (Note to self: Make sure top is placed before starting blender) Everything blended up nicely and TWO hours later I have 3 cups of fresh Red Pepper Salsa! (Last note to self: Find this at Sprouts)

Since the oven is all fired up I thought I’d try my hand at Kale Chips. Not so good! Well I must say that this experience at cooking was very intriguing. Lots of lessons learned!

Stay tuned for more cooking adventures from The Single Guy...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #20  

Hello. This is my Day 1. Naturally the dog sat on my sheet and I had to tape the corner back on. I am glad I did a lot of pre-reading before starting. I chose the cappuccino for my first packet this morning. She gave me the vanilla drink if I want to put it in coffee (a little every day), but I think I will just switch to tea. I have had a 16.9 oz bottle of water and took the vitamins for this morning (eliminating my own vitamins and calcium).

I am so happy I can make my own protein. I was on NutriSystem some years ago and I hated the prepared dinners. I could choke down about two different things because I hated the sauces in most of them. We are expecting a good amount of snow this afternoon so I went to the store last night to stock up on my lean protein.

I chose a lot of IP soups because they looked good. I have to figure out what is easiest for me to take to work (taking Monday off, so going back Wednesday) since I usually just eat at my desk. Previously I just took a nonfat yogurt, a dry sandwich of deli roast beef and an oat bran/flax half a pocket bread, and fruit and baby carrots. So I think I will take cut up cukes and a lettuce salad with WF dressing and whatever packet.

My problem time is evening eating, but think I am well prepared.

Of course no hunger or issues yet, but after all I ate over the holidays, I am not surprised. Now I have to do lunch...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #21  

Happy Saturday!
High of 81 predicted on FL Treasure Coast today with a cold front coming in that'll drop the temps 20 degrees by tomorrow. The lows here don't even touch the highs at home so I'm trying to soak up enough to keep me going til Spring!

I'm by the pool now but headed to the beach and the to happy hour by the water. Great raw bar prices at HH so that'll probably be "dinner" and I'll work my other packets around it. Can't get inexpensive fresh seafood in St Louis so I'm taking advantage while I'm here!

Have a great OP weekend & remember no BLT (bite, lick, taste) is worth having to do this all over again.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

A1Texan,
Enjoyed hearing about your adventure in the kitchen, you'll be whipping up full entrees in no time!!!

goldilocksinct,
Welcome, check in often, there's sooo much to learn from this site and these people!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #23  

Hey, Single Guy...I am not single and not a guy, but I am not sure I am much different from you in the cooking department. The Red Pepper Salsa sounds great and something I may attempt way down the road.

Good deal that you took the plastic off! Sorry about the smoke alarm and the dust.

I have made Kale Chips in the past (after reading about them somewhere) and they are just okay IMHO. A lot of work, but maybe after I am on IP for a while they will be worth it.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Stay tuned for more cooking adventures from The Single Guy...
Looking forward to reading of many more cooking adventures, Texan!

I was on vacation for two weeks and just went back to work yesterday. A close colleague mentioned that I was looking skinnier, which I suppose is true, as I'm down 5.6 pounds from the last time he saw me. When I answered his question about my total pounds lost so far, he said, "Wow! You've lost an 8 year old boy!" I have an 8 year old son, so that really hit home with me. I'd never thought about it like that! I couldn't stop looking at my son this morning. How on earth was I carrying all of that weight on my body? But even more importantly, why do I still feel just as big and shlubby as I did 64 pounds ago?!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
goldilocksinct,
Welcome, check in often, there's sooo much to learn from this site and these people!!!
Thank you! I can see there is MUCH to learn and this is a great place to get it.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #26  

goldilocksinct
Welcome! My fav way to eat IP soups is with some puréed veggies added.
You were smart to read/research before starting. It'll make everything easier. I was a nite eater too. Started with my crunchy restricteds at nite, now I'm good with something lighter. A few weeks in Ketosis makes a BIG difference.
It's okay to have extra packets to get yourselfmthru the 1st week hungries. I STILL do occasionally (PMS) if I'm particularly hungry (maybe 1-2 times/mo now)

A1. Love your single guy adventure stories. Some will be trial/error. Some we can actually help with. I thought kale chips weren't good at first but discovered I was really burning them. They're done as soon as they're crisp & much better now that I've perfected it (with garlic salt!) & totally worth it when hubby is having popcorn (both as a distraction and a crunchy)

SDChickie there's a thread around here somewhere comparing weight lost to "things". I'll see if I can find/bump

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #27  

I've been having a ton of fun reading around the threads, especially the recipes. I think the turning point for me was realizing that I can actually play around with recipes and the packages - especially with the soups. I love cooking, and was getting into a funk of salad and seared meat (that said, I have found a salad that makes me very happy and very full). I gained two pounds from the two days that I went off the plan (and boy did I ever go off plan), but I'm happy to be back on it now. You are all such an inspiration!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

SDChickie,
I'm down 81 pounds so far and I feel the exact same way. Intellectually I know I must look different (obviously I'm wearing smaller clothes) but I feel the same as I did before I lost any weight. People compliment me all the time but it hasn't clicked yet.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #29  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

The day has started off GREAT! Did a chilly, 6.5-mile run with my group this morning, I have been under the weather and my last run was Christmas Eve, so it was great to shake of "the lazies". Today is the last day my niece is in town so I'm about to get ready to meet them at an indoor bounce house with my son - she LOVES playing with "Baby Sean"...it fills my heart with joy to see the cute cousins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAMom View Post
Today is day four, yesterday I wanted to eat my arm off yesterday!But my consultant called me and told me to eat or have another packet so I made a raspberry jelly (which actually was quite good) and that worked!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! My coach allowed me 4 packets during the first week while getting through the WORST of it!!! It gets easier, and the collagen packets (Raspberry Jelly & Cran Granata Drink) are GREAT choices on a 4th packet. I would microwave 2 bags of rhubarb (1 frozen bag ~2 cups chopped) for ~10 minutes (until mushy) and assembly line 4 jellys so I always had an emergency snack in the fridge (you get to a point where you can foresee 'hungry weeks' - aka, TOM).

A1Texan - LOL!!! Just a few shortcut tips - they sell roasted red bell peppers in the Italian food aisle at most grocery stores, jarred & ready for consumption (look by the tomato sauce section). You can just add seeded, fresh jalapenos with cilantro and garlic in the blender with a jar or two of the prepared peppers for salsa. My 'usual recipe' was 3 8-oz jars of tomato sauce, 1 bunch cilantro, 3 jalapenos, 3 serranos, & 4 cloves garlic. You could substitute the roasted red bell peppers (& maybe a little water) for the tomato sauce. I LOVE my blender - it is the numero uno appliance that I cannot live without now! Also, if you lightly coat your hands with oil (quick spray) it helps shield your skin from the jalapeno heat! Some folks wear gloves when handling peppers.

Last edited by LizRR; 12-29-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #30  

I hope this is the right place to share this...I think I'm in ketosis! Yay! Lol.

I have been gearing up for this with a slow start since last Saturday (a week ago today), and after my Wednesday WI (loss of 6.3 lbs!), I wanted to really try very hard to be completely OP. (From what I know about myself and my personal circumstances, I knew it had to be gradual).

So from Thursday through today, I would say that I have been 98% OP. And while I seem to be retaining water today - I made a sauce yesterday using soy sauce, which I now think was a huge mistake - when I woke up today at 8:00 I had some ketosis symptoms. Considering I had awoken at 5:30 and I had none of the symptoms, I am thinking this might be it. We will see...

Thanks for being here, all --
Kaybes
Closed Thread