IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/27/2012

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Good morning. I hope you all have a great OP day. I'm home with the kids today. Not much planned. Some work from home and a trip to the pool at the health club to go swimming.
  • Good morning!! I'm going diving again this morning but am going to be better prepared today. Yesterday I forgot to take an IP bar with me for between dives when everyone else was munching on granola bars, cookies, and oranges. Today I'm taking both a bar and an EAS AdvantEdge shake to throw in the cooler. I tried not to overdo the swimming, but the hardest part actually was carrying 20+ pounds of camera gear back across the street to our place after the dives. My DH thinks I'm over dramatizing it, but I'm actually going to drive over in the car this morning so I don't have to haul it back myself afterwards. It really took a lot out of me.

The dives yesterday were beautiful, and I saw (and got shots of) the biggest loggerhead turtle I've ever seen! He came straight at me and I was sure he was going to turn as I kept flashing away, shooting pic after pic. He never did, and ended up swimming straight into the dome port on my camera rig! I think he must have seen his reflection it it. Then he swam right up and over, and hung around with us for most of the dive. My DH got some of the encounter on video - until his battery died. Folks on the other boat saw a hammerhead and a manta! It would be great to see them today, especially if they're close enough for pics. Wish me luck!

I've managed to stay OP (never did get a response from my coach about suggested modifications for diving), and got to play designated driver for everyone yesterday afternoon again. I've started creating my own meals at restaurants - and thankfully they've been cooperative - and I just make minor substitutions for myself when we're eating at home. So far so good! (Yesterday I ordered a plain romaine salad and a kimchi appetizer (minus the peanuts on top) and then combined the two for lunch; for dinner I threw a chicken filet on the grill while everyone else was having hot dogs, and I had spinach as a side instead of french fries. The greasy stuff isn't even looking appetizing to me anymore! )
  • BTW, can someone help with with a tracker? I started on 12/6 and I still can't see the option for a weight tracker in my signature. What am I missing here? Thanks!!
  • Good morning everyone!

Bubbleblower, I would love to see one of those turtle pictures if you care to post it later!

Have fun with the kids, usmcvet!

I'm 1lb away from my Christmas mini-goal. I'm giving myself til WI on Sunday, though. I'm thinking about adjusting my end goal from 138 to 145 to give my body a break, as I would phase out for a month or so, then return to Phase 1 with a new, lower end goal of 135 lbs. The reason for this is because this diet has been very hard on my body, I have extreme hyperglycemia plus anemia and this diet leaves me with very low energy. Medically I'm ok, but I'm tired of the fatigue and feel I need a break. I'm not worried about my "will to return". I have a lot of willpower, as my visiting college nephews pointed out to me on a recent visit to NOLA as I easily stayed 100 OP and served them all the wonderful treats and temptations our fair city has to offer. Has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much! I've learned so much and received so much encouragement from my online IP family!
  • Bubble: I think you get it tomorrow. Or at the "exact time you joined" later today
  • Bubbleblower- sounds like you are having a great time!

When you click on user CP and then edit signature there should be a sample of a signature on the top. Then under there it says click here to get started. Follow the instructions after that.

Goodmorning All! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • WI tomorrow. My home scale bounced up 2 lbs in one day and I didn't do anything different. Must be water retention. I'll go with that..LOL
  • Quote: Good morning!! I'm going diving again this morning but am going to be better prepared today. Yesterday I forgot to take an IP bar with me for between dives when everyone else was munching on granola bars, cookies, and oranges. Today I'm taking both a bar and an EAS AdvantEdge shake to throw in the cooler. I tried not to overdo the swimming, but the hardest part actually was carrying 20+ pounds of camera gear back across the street to our place after the dives. My DH thinks I'm over dramatizing it, but I'm actually going to drive over in the car this morning so I don't have to haul it back myself afterwards. It really took a lot out of me.

The dives yesterday were beautiful, and I saw (and got shots of) the biggest loggerhead turtle I've ever seen! He came straight at me and I was sure he was going to turn as I kept flashing away, shooting pic after pic. He never did, and ended up swimming straight into the dome port on my camera rig! I think he must have seen his reflection it it. Then he swam right up and over, and hung around with us for most of the dive. My DH got some of the encounter on video - until his battery died. Folks on the other boat saw a hammerhead and a manta! It would be great to see them today, especially if they're close enough for pics. Wish me luck!

I've managed to stay OP (never did get a response from my coach about suggested modifications for diving), and got to play designated driver for everyone yesterday afternoon again. I've started creating my own meals at restaurants - and thankfully they've been cooperative - and I just make minor substitutions for myself when we're eating at home. So far so good! (Yesterday I ordered a plain romaine salad and a kimchi appetizer (minus the peanuts on top) and then combined the two for lunch; for dinner I threw a chicken filet on the grill while everyone else was having hot dogs, and I had spinach as a side instead of french fries. The greasy stuff isn't even looking appetizing to me anymore! )
    What was your question about diving? If it is going to be rigorous exercise have an extra, unrestricted packet before diving.
  • Nola- Normally my advice to someone close to goal is to just stick with it. In your case, I would say listen to your body. If you feel like your body needs a break, then do it.
  • Quote: Nola- Normally my advice to someone close to goal is to just stick with it. In your case, I would say listen to your body. If you feel like your body needs a break, then do it.
    I agree with Ragdoll. I think this diet has taught me to listen more to my body, and I think that is a great lesson going forward. If you feel the need to take a break, I think it's a good idea.

And congrats on being so close to your Christmas goal!
  • Good morning,

It is the end of week 5 for me, and I had thoughts of skipping my weigh-in today. I bought enough food for two weeks since our holiday plans were up in the air. I did have a small slip over Christmas, which was part if my hesitation. But I've decided to go and face the scale! Normally, I would have gained 5-10 lbs over Christmas so I know I did better than that! And I don't want this o be the beginning of the slippery slope to quitting.

So here I go, wish me luck!
  • Quote: Good morning everyone!

Bubbleblower, I would love to see one of those turtle pictures if you care to post it later!

Have fun with the kids, usmcvet!

I'm 1lb away from my Christmas mini-goal. I'm giving myself til WI on Sunday, though. I'm thinking about adjusting my end goal from 138 to 145 to give my body a break, as I would phase out for a month or so, then return to Phase 1 with a new, lower end goal of 135 lbs. The reason for this is because this diet has been very hard on my body, I have extreme hyperglycemia plus anemia and this diet leaves me with very low energy. Medically I'm ok, but I'm tired of the fatigue and feel I need a break. I'm not worried about my "will to return". I have a lot of willpower, as my visiting college nephews pointed out to me on a recent visit to NOLA as I easily stayed 100 OP and served them all the wonderful treats and temptations our fair city has to offer. Has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much! I've learned so much and received so much encouragement from my online IP family!
    Nola - perfectly ok in my book, listen to your body. sounds like you are committed. do what feels right.
  • Quote: WI tomorrow. My home scale bounced up 2 lbs in one day and I didn't do anything different. Must be water retention. I'll go with that..LOL
    Eep!!! Don't weigh every day - you will drive yourself nuts! The weight DOES come off but our weight can fluctuate up to 2lb in a singled day, as well as between days.

Nola - have you thought about trying the IP protocol for diabetics? The weight loss wouldn't be as quick but it has you eating more regular foods and is designed for people with blood sugar issues. It's just a thought, might be a way to push to your goal weight without phasing off

I finally have a day off today, the weather is yucky but I may take the kids to the local indoor mini golf place to get some energy out, and possibly a movie I have Health Wise Cheese Puffs to snack on if that ends up happening, the hardest thing will be to keep the kids from running around like maniacs!
  • usmcvetHave fun with your kids today! They grow up so fast!!

bubbleblowerWow! That sounds like an amazing dive! I would think that you need extra protien after a work out like that.

scorbett1103Again, have fun with your kids!! Mine are teens and we spend a lot of the day each doing our own things, but I try to get them to play a game to connect a little! Yesterday we were all doing Just Dance 4 and laughing a lot!