Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #61  

Height: 5' 7"

I am some kind of jealous of you and more motivated than ever. I know I'll hit bumpy roads but OMG 65lbs in 17wks.....Inspiration for sure....!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Nola -

You have received lots of good suggestions to consider as you make your decision. I have another suggestion that may work, but a little background first.

Recently I contemplated phasing off to P3 then back to P1 as Wuv did a while back since my body seemed to be stuck in the 180s. In fact, it took me ten WIs to get through the 180's. I have been OP since October 2011 and even though I do have quite a bit of loose skin to account for, I knew that I still had/have some more actual pounds to lose. I couldn't decide whether I was just getting frustrated or that my body really did need a break after being OP for so long.

Since I was on the fence about what to actually do, I decided that gathering more information about low carb living in general would be a good thing for the future. I read a lot of books (yes, actual books ) from the library and I keep running into the suggestion to start taking L-carnitine. I had heard about it before, but never did any reading about it. The conclusion I took away from all the reading was this nutrient is critical for energy formation and an active metabolism.

So I figured that making this tweak wouldn't hurt and if there was no movement, I would just discuss my thoughts to move through phases with my coach. Since my doctors didn't object, mid week, I added 400mg to my morning & evening pills (I only take supplements twice a day after eating my bigger meals). When my next WI came around, I was down 2.4# - remember not even a full week of the tweak. When I got to my WI yesterday, I stunned my coach. I dropped 5.8#. I didn't change anything else in my normal routine in the last two weeks except adding the new pill.

Do I know for a fact that the L-carnitine was what did it? Nope. Could my body have been getting ready to let go anyway? Perhaps. I will add that since taking the L-carnitine, I have not had the urge to take a short nap in the afternoon - even when one or multiple cats curl up in my lap, so my energy level seems to be a bit better as well.

Just one more thing to contemplate and discuss with your doctors. Whatever you decide, just remember you have lots of people here that have your back!
PTOD!!!!! How are you????? Thank you for this awesome tip!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #63  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Hi everyone -

I do think it is AMAZING to be losing weight during the holidays when most people are gaining it... We should all be quite pleased with ourselves.

I have to get something off my chest about my coach. I know other have had less than positive experiences si I thought I would share mine.

I went to my weigh in today and had lost 3 pounds. I was very happy with that until my coach said: "It would have been nice to know what a good week you could have had without those 2 cupcakes" I said cupcakes -I didn't eat any cupcakes - I made cupcakes but didn't eat any. Coach then said: Oh come on, not even one BLT? (bite, lick or taste) At this I was very insulted and deflated. Is she calling me a liar?

Then she said maybe it says cukes - but hadn't let it go because she brought it up again later - When I commented that my lean mass had gone up and my fat down for the first time and I had just read that this was the ideal combination and I was pleased to see it in the numbers. she said: you realize we can tell when you have extra carbs because your lean mass goes up because you retain more water.

She is not my regular coach and I hope not to have to see her again. I'm only going because I had to pay a fee up front and can't see throwing that money out the window.

What purpose does it serve to make me feel bad about myself? especially on a week I was successful? I have lost each week - and feel proud of myself - I've lost 50 lbs in about 11 weeks and from what I can tell have followed the plan 100%.

I am getting a little mad that I've paid good money to be insulted.

When I got home I saw what she had highlighted in my journal and it was my lunch which said 2 cups cukes - which I eat every day for lunch.

Sorry for the long post - Now I think I'm getting more upset because I let her get to me. Hopefully I don't need to see her again. I understand "tough love" but in my case I wasn't needing any this week
Sorry that you had to go through that. That sort of belittling attitude is completely unacceptable! 50 lbs in 11 weeks is amazing and you have every right to feel proud of yourself! As you said, hopefully you won't have to see her again.

Today was a stressful day. First my son and I had to scrape off the driveway from all the snow and sleet yesterday, only to find that my car wouldn't start. I don't like to feel stranded, so I used my husband's 2nd car to jump start mine. I had never done that before, so I was quite proud of myself. Then, I drove the car around the block to charge it and when I got home the door between the garage and the kitchen was wide open. I had left the garage open because I knew I would only be gone for a few minutes, and the one of the 25-30 mph wind gusts we had today must have blown the kitchen door open. So one of our dogs got out, and she was nowhere to be found! She is my shadow, so I think she went out looking for me and decided to explore while she was at it. My son and I were frantic, and spent about 45 minutes outside calling and trying to find her. We had just pulled out of the driveway to drive up the road again to look for her, when she came running down the road. Oh, I was SO relieved! At least we live on a very quiet cul-de-sac, but there is a busy two-lane road very close to us. Too bad IP doesn't allow alcohol, I could use a glass of wine today!

I'm off to cook baked ziti for my son and his sleepover guest, then some grilled chicken and asparagus for me and hubby. Have a great evening, everyone!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #64  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Here's one of the shots from the series where the Loggerhead was coming toward me yesterday. I couldn't believe it when he actually went right into me, and then up and [barely] over. He just swam around and beside me for about ten minutes while I snapped away. Thank goodness I had a super-wide fisheye lens on the camera so he was able to get really close and I was still able to fit him into the frame. He's a lot bigger than he looks here!

Sorry about the big watermark. I've just gotten very hesitant about posting my pics on the web after a couple of bad experiences so now I always downsize them and add a watermark.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 12-27-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Mrskuby Way to decide to stay on plan!! I know you can do it and you will feel like you have power over food, which is important!!

MonicaKolesnik Thanks for working the night shift over the holiday. We need people like you to help people like us! You deserve to keep your PJs on for a day!!

Bubbleblower Your picture is amazing!! I can't even imagine seeing something like that up close. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Just back from my weigh-in that I almost didn't go to, and lost 2.2 lbs! Yeah! 23 lbs total so far.

Thanks to everyone that posts here, it really is motivating!
Congrats on the loss! Feels good, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Isn't it amazing to have lost weight over Christmas week?! Good job to everyone! I weighed in today and lost 5.4 lbs.! Woohoo! Even though it was SO HARD to not eat all of the traditional yummy food and sweets, my weigh in made it totally worth it. I kept telling myself that I've had it all before and I'll have it next year but this year I can just stay OP, and it was SO worth it!
Amazing! Love it and it's inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
It looks like most of my products contain whey protein, if I am understanding the ingredients lists correctly. Are all/most IP products whey protein? I do have a bunch of ZONE protein power that is a "protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate)"...would this be a source of casein protein I could add to my shakes? It is 35 cal, 7g protein, 1 carb, 0 sugar, 0 fat, so I think otherwise it's an acceptable alternative food, just don't know if this is casein or not... Thanks!
Not sure if that Zone milk powder is casein. Is there a customer service number or website on that product so you could reach out to them and find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Hi everyone -

I do think it is AMAZING to be losing weight during the holidays when most people are gaining it... We should all be quite pleased with ourselves.

I have to get something off my chest about my coach. I know other have had less than positive experiences si I thought I would share mine.

I am getting a little mad that I've paid good money to be insulted.

When I got home I saw what she had highlighted in my journal and it was my lunch which said 2 cups cukes - which I eat every day for lunch.

Sorry for the long post - Now I think I'm getting more upset because I let her get to me. Hopefully I don't need to see her again. I understand "tough love" but in my case I wasn't needing any this week
As others have said, I would consider speaking to her manager. That's no way to treat a client. Other people, treated that way, w/o the support we have here, could end up leaving IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I am finally off work....need to say that again I AM FINALLY OFF. Wow was the hospital busy over Christmas, and 12hr Night shifts (3 in a row) takes it out of you. Is it bad that I plan on spending the whole day in my PJ's cleaning and making pumpkin pies for my family who is driving down tomorrow. I will not be partaking in the pies or other holiday fair that I have stocked the house with though, I am planning to stay 100% OP. So i may be back for more support then usual the next few days because you guys give me strength!!
Great job on no BLTs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Here's one of the shots from the series where the Loggerhead was coming toward me yesterday. I couldn't believe it when he actually went right into me, and then up and [barely] over. He just swam around and beside me for about ten minutes while I snapped away. Thank goodness I had a super-wide fisheye lens on the camera so he was able to get really close and I was still able to fit him into the frame. He's a lot bigger than he looks here!

Great photo!

Re L carnitine, I used to take it and actually forgot about it. Thanks for bringing it up! I'll start taking it again. The brand I used was Vitamin Shoppe Triple Strength L-Carnitine. They advise 1 T (liquid) once a day on an empty stomach. Supposed to promote muscular energy and assist in fat metabolism.

Last edited by Chloe222; 12-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Hello everyone !

It feels like I lifetime since I posted. These holidays keep me busy and we're moving our office at work. Things are calming down a bit ..Thank goodness. I hope everyone had a great holiday ! Missed my WI this week so we'll see next Wednesday. Crossing fingers !
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Just back from my weigh-in that I almost didn't go to, and lost 2.2 lbs! Yeah! 23 lbs total so far.

Thanks to everyone that posts here, it really is motivating!
CONGRATS!! That's great news!!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #69  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Well weigh in was yesterday, I was down another 2.4 lbs and hubby down 4+ lbs! Saw the doctor (usually just see the nurse) and she praised us, she said most people that come to her gained 2-3 lbs over Christmas weekend/week!

Hubby is officially over his halfway mark and if he keeps on like he has been he will be there in no time!

I am excited because my birthday is January 7th, 2 months from when we started IP and by then I will (unless something weird happens) have lost 40 lbs! So excited!

I have multiple people asking me about it and looking at starting after there is an open house in January at our clinic! I have one friend looking into alternatives just because her pocketbook is a bit tighter due to going to school this next year... but I have told her about this great message board to come on for support and ideas!

Anyway, thought I would share my weigh in news, 1/3 of the way there for me! We got over the worst right? The HOLIDAYS!! Yea! Great job everyone!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #70  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
She is not my regular coach and I hope not to have to see her again. I'm only going because I had to pay a fee up front and can't see throwing that money out the window.
Just hope you never have to see her again! It's the same with the one nurse I had that weighed me in! She wasn't insulting like yours but she was very detatched and didn't seem to care or give encouragement!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #71  

ONMYWAY - I would definitely complain to someone about your treatment. Even if you had eaten 2 cupcakes you still lost 3 + lbs. And losing that much and eating cupcakes makes no sense. No she isn't an expert to tell whether your lean mass etc is lost, those machines are just bling and not worthwhile. bottom line 1- she needs to learn to read 2 cups cukes does not equal 2 cupcakes and 2 no on has the right to belittle you , 3 you have paid her for this service and you expect to get good service.

BUBBLEBLOWER - WOW!!!! unbelievable pics!!!! keep posting!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #72  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Onmyway - I agree with those who have said you need to contact the clinic owner. She may have *thought* she was giving you "tough love" at first, but as soon as she realized she had misread your journal, she should have apologized for the mistake and moved on. The fact that she continued to bring it up and was so insulting to imply that you were lying is completely arrogant and out of line. That is not the attitude of someone trying to help you, that is someone pulling a power play. If it were me, I'd tell them that I will never be seen by that person again, or I would be taking my business elsewhere.

Big HOOOOORAAYYYYYY for all the great WIs!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #73  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Help :-)
I've searched for the link to the page which states the amount of carbs and calories and protein etc. each package of IP has, but I can't find it. Can someone please send it to me.
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
ONMYWAY - I would definitely complain to someone about your treatment. Even if you had eaten 2 cupcakes you still lost 3 + lbs. And losing that much and eating cupcakes makes no sense. No she isn't an expert to tell whether your lean mass etc is lost, those machines are just bling and not worthwhile. bottom line 1- she needs to learn to read 2 cups cukes does not equal 2 cupcakes and 2 no on has the right to belittle you , 3 you have paid her for this service and you expect to get good service.
I totally agree. Even if you had eaten cupcakes, she should have been encouraging and working with you to figure out how to help you stay OP. Not chastise you in any way. And it wasn't even correct!!! You need to feel comfortable and supported.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #75  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Help :-)
I've searched for the link to the page which states the amount of carbs and calories and protein etc. each package of IP has, but I can't find it. Can someone please send it to me.
Thank you in advance.
I believe there are PDFs in the Newbie thread, but I usually just go to www.plainprotein.com - each product description has a picture of the side panel with the nutritional breakdown.
Closed Thread