Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Nola - have you thought about trying the IP protocol for diabetics? The weight loss wouldn't be as quick but it has you eating more regular foods and is designed for people with blood sugar issues. It's just a thought, might be a way to push to your goal weight without phasing off

I finally have a day off today, the weather is yucky but I may take the kids to the local indoor mini golf place to get some energy out, and possibly a movie I have Health Wise Cheese Puffs to snack on if that ends up happening, the hardest thing will be to keep the kids from running around like maniacs!
Scorbett-

I actually have thought about the diabetic IP alternative protocol. The reason I am hesitant is I can't find much info on the alternative protocol and I'm doing IP on my own. I don't feel I know enough to do the diabetic diet. I've searched the archives and found almost nothing, except an old post where someone said their BF was on it. I found some very basic info from IP documents online which say you get 3 additional food items per day (one carb group, 1 fruit group, one fats group) but it doesn't give any specifics on what is or isn't allowed, target carbs, fat, calories, etc. I read both that weight loss is "about the same" and "that weight loss is much slower", but I can't find any info. on what that means in practical application. If, for example, weight loss slowed drastically for most folks, say to 1/2 lb per week, it would be faster for me to take a month or two off then go back to phase 1. I feel like I'd be lost if I switched to the alternative protocol.

edited to add: I also had lots of trouble with hunger for 5-6 weeks, so I'm hesitant to introduce foods on the alternative plan that may bring back the hunger issue.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 12-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #17  

Today was my WI. I have stayed 100% OP for 15 weeks. That's an exciting NSV'S for me. I know I've got this. I wasn't expecting a big loss with traveling and TOM. I was expecting a 0 loss. But, I very pleased with 1.2 lbs lost. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Today was my WI. I have stayed 100% OP for 15 weeks. That's an exciting NSV'S for me. I know I've got this. I wasn't expecting a big loss with traveling and TOM. I was expecting a 0 loss. But, I very pleased with 1.2 lbs lost. Hope everyone has a great day.
Congats Kay. Keep up the good work
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #19  

I snagged this from the recipe thread for everyone that is looking for something different or suggestions. http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/
Old 12-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #20  

Lots of recipe thread links in the stickies and the first post of the daily thread, too
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Last night was OP. Breakfast today was OP. Just trying to keep myself focused and motivated to get through some work I really want done but don't always feel like doing.

BubbleBlower, where are you diving, if I may ask? I had just started IP when I was diving in October. We were at an all-inclusive, so I would either skip breakfast with an IP shake or stick mainly with hard-boiled eggs. But, when I was out on the boat, I would have a bar between dives. I also always had an extra couple shakes with me. I think one day I allowed myself to have an extra IP item due to fatigue. I pretty well listened to my body and took it easy when we weren't diving to keep up with the drain of the physical activity.

Kay2012, way to go on that fantastic NSV!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #22  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Kay - great job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Scorbett-

I actually have thought about the diabetic IP alternative protocol. The reason I am hesitant is I can't find much info on the alternative protocol and I'm doing IP on my own. I don't feel I know enough to do the diabetic diet. I've searched the archives and found almost nothing, except an old post where someone said their BF was on it. I found some very basic info from IP documents online which say you get 3 additional food items per day (one carb group, 1 fruit group, one fats group) but it doesn't give any specifics on what is or isn't allowed, target carbs, fat, calories, etc. I read both that weight loss is "about the same" and "that weight loss is much slower", but I can't find any info. on what that means in practical application. If, for example, weight loss slowed drastically for most folks, say to 1/2 lb per week, it would be faster for me to take a month or two off then go back to phase 1. I feel like I'd be lost if I switched to the alternative protocol.

edited to add: I also had lots of trouble with hunger for 5-6 weeks, so I'm hesitant to introduce foods on the alternative plan that may bring back the hunger issue.
Did you see the Alternative P1 and P2 sheets in the Newbie thread? I read through the P1 sheet and it's pretty clear as far as portion sizes and what foods you can add. You still are not counting carbs/fats/calories just like in regular P1. Faster may not be better if you're feeling miserable, and just like in P1, there's no predicting how your body will respond to ANY diet - you may lose at the same rate, you may only see a slight difference - but most importantly you may FEEL much better and stronger about sticking it out to the end.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4349574-post4.html
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #23  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

OK....so I'm blocked up!!! Not feeling any pain, but I need to 'go'! Just purchased the Novi-Cure and started it. Any advice out there?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #24  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Well I just snowblowed the driveway and realized I had not eaten yet. I used my new blender and tried the spinach shake for the first time. I used hot chocolate powder from Proti Diet. I buy it in a 17.6 ounce bottle. It is the closest I've found to the IP chocolate shakes. I drink it cold most of the time and add it to my coffee once in a while. It's not quite as good but close enough especially at 1/3 the price! It was pretty good but I need to run the blender longer next time so I don't have to chew the last of it. =). I like spinach so I think I've found a new way to get my veggies in consistently.

Here is a link. It has three times the servings of an IP box for about the same price.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...-servings.html

Last edited by usmcvet; 12-27-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

Bubbleblower, I would love to see one of those turtle pictures if you care to post it later!

Have fun with the kids, usmcvet!

I'm 1lb away from my Christmas mini-goal. I'm giving myself til WI on Sunday, though. I'm thinking about adjusting my end goal from 138 to 145 to give my body a break, as I would phase out for a month or so, then return to Phase 1 with a new, lower end goal of 135 lbs. The reason for this is because this diet has been very hard on my body, I have extreme hyperglycemia plus anemia and this diet leaves me with very low energy. Medically I'm ok, but I'm tired of the fatigue and feel I need a break. I'm not worried about my "will to return". I have a lot of willpower, as my visiting college nephews pointed out to me on a recent visit to NOLA as I easily stayed 100 OP and served them all the wonderful treats and temptations our fair city has to offer. Has anyone tried this before? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much! I've learned so much and received so much encouragement from my online IP family!
Nola,
You probably do not know me as I have not been on these threads for many, many months. First of all, congratulations on a job well done! I must be honest with you about taking a break. I have a few friends who stopped to take a break and it ended up being the worst mistake that they had ever made. They too had will power, but when they went back OP, it was just so very difficult going through the initial process all over again. Their weight losses were not as good, some ended up quitting and regaining. I would highly suggest talking to your coach about alternative plans...like maybe going on P2 or even P3 when you get a little closer to goal. I lost weight in all 4 phases. Also, have you checked with your primary care physician with regards to your hyperglycemia and anemia? I hope that I have helped you. I had a really hard time toughing it out...especially towards the end. But, I did it and now my weight is consistent and I feel great. The fun meal/day is an awesome thing to look forward to in P4!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
OK....so I'm blocked up!!! Not feeling any pain, but I need to 'go'! Just purchased the Novi-Cure and started it. Any advice out there?
Come here before you buy that from IP

You can get Smooth Move tea (senna tea), Sugar Free metamucil or psyllium husks, and Miralax from the regular store at a fraction of the cost, and the effect will be the same if not better.

The big C is very common on IP because we are not getting nearly as much "roughage" with grains eliminated from the diet. It's part of why getting all your veggies is SO important, that is your only source of fiber unless you take psyllium husks or other fiber product daily. Also drinking all of your water is key, dehydration will make the big C worse.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Kay - great job!!!

Did you see the Alternative P1 and P2 sheets in the Newbie thread?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4349574-post4.html
No, I had not, TYVM! I did search archives in several different ways and this didn't come up. I could only find a very general description of the Alt. protocol in the IP overview documents which briefly mention it exists and has 3 additional allowances over normal IP. Off to read!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
No, I had not, TYVM! I did search archives in several different ways and this didn't come up. I could only find a very general description of the Alt. protocol in the IP overview documents which briefly mention it exists and has 3 additional allowances over normal IP. Off to read!
You're welcome!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Pissy mood part deux.

Still having some pain. On Cipro and waiting for a call back from the RN for suggestions on how to take Cipro BID and all the Mg.

Lab work came back WNL. (Better than ever actually!) Urine is ??? so I'll go with that.

Lost 2lbs according to Drs office, 1.8 at WI. Took the two as a small present.

Didn't get measured, just *****ed at because I needed to buy vits and I said no. I have been forgetting so I am behind. Guess they won't take buying vits online well now will they?

Who'd thunk I'd miss rockin bod coach??? Back to my regular day next week.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Pepper....If you are a fan of Mexican food like I am, then try eating a lot of fresh salsa (w/jalapenos of course) over your salads. This combination always loosens things up quite a bit. Okra is a good source for me as well....nasty topic but...
Closed Thread