Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Good morning!! I'm going diving again this morning but am going to be better prepared today.
The dives yesterday were beautiful, and I saw (and got shots of) the biggest loggerhead turtle I've ever seen!
I've managed to stay OP (never did get a response from my coach about suggested modifications for diving), and got to play designated driver for everyone yesterday afternoon again.
Bubbleblower,
I'm also a diver and know how demanding it can be. Sounds like you got a lot advice by now and have sorted it out. I would have said to listen to your body, have 2-3 extra packets, and lots of extra water and a nap if possible. I look forward to seeing some of those wonderful pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
The reason for this is because this diet has been very hard on my body, I have extreme hyperglycemia plus anemia and this diet leaves me with very low energy. Medically I'm ok, but I'm tired of the fatigue and feel I need a break.
Nola,
Some people lack an enzyme that allows them to absorb iron well and so tend to have a problem with anemia. My sister was tested for this and has this problem. I haven't been tested for this particular enzyme, but my blood analysis showed very low iron levels despite eating a fair amount of red meat. I definitely feel better eating red meat twice a week, you might want to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
WI tomorrow. My home scale bounced up 2 lbs in one day and I didn't do anything different. Must be water retention. I'll go with that..LOL
LOL! It's frustrating but it will go away, then come back, then go away, then...keep that cheerful attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
OK....so I'm blocked up!!! Not feeling any pain, but I need to 'go'! Just purchased the Novi-Cure and started it. Any advice out there?
I have this problem too. Scorbett and others gave good advice. I now use a T of Benefiber in my coffee. Seems to work fine. Some days even 2 T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Today is Day 2 of being back on the program. I noticed it's a little harder to hop back on after cheating but I am determined Had a small cheat but it's difficult to get back cold turkey I guess. Today I have a slight headache so my body is adjusting again I will be back to losing in NO TIME!!
JMuroff1,
Today is also day 2 for me of a reboot. Yesterday went well and I was relieved when I went to bed w/o any cheating. Yes, it is harder to get back OP when you've fallen off. I'm looking forward to reading about your continued success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You can try going with the lowest carb & calorie option that makes you feel better. You can try experimenting over the next couple of weeks.

You can also check to see what kind of proteins are in the alternatives you use. Casein is a slower digesting protein, so it helps to keep your blood sugar levels steady. Whey is a quickly digested protein. From what I have read, it's best to have a combination of both.
Casein is a great protein to take before bedtime. Because it is slower digesting, your body will stay in ketosis better than with whey protein. So I have 2 different forms of protein powder: whey during the day, casein right before bedtime.

Thanks to all for your comments. As I get back in the saddle, I'm all the stronger by reading your posts (to each other, not necessarily to me!). This is such an interesting journey.

Best,
Chloe
Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Just back from my weigh-in that I almost didn't go to, and lost 2.2 lbs! Yeah! 23 lbs total so far.

Thanks to everyone that posts here, it really is motivating!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #48  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Isn't it amazing to have lost weight over Christmas week?! Good job to everyone! I weighed in today and lost 5.4 lbs.! Woohoo! Even though it was SO HARD to not eat all of the traditional yummy food and sweets, my weigh in made it totally worth it. I kept telling myself that I've had it all before and I'll have it next year but this year I can just stay OP, and it was SO worth it!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Isn't it amazing to have lost weight over Christmas week?! Good job to everyone! I weighed in today and lost 5.4 lbs.! Woohoo! Even though it was SO HARD to not eat all of the traditional yummy food and sweets, my weigh in made it totally worth it. I kept telling myself that I've had it all before and I'll have it next year but this year I can just stay OP, and it was SO worth it!
It IS amazing to lose weight over the holidays!

Awesome loss this week! 5.4lbs is amazing. You are doing fantastic. You must feel absolutely great!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Casein is a great protein to take before bedtime. Because it is slower digesting, your body will stay in ketosis better than with whey protein. So I have 2 different forms of protein powder: whey during the day, casein right before bedtime.
It looks like most of my products contain whey protein, if I am understanding the ingredients lists correctly. Are all/most IP products whey protein? I do have a bunch of ZONE protein power that is a "protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate)"...would this be a source of casein protein I could add to my shakes? It is 35 cal, 7g protein, 1 carb, 0 sugar, 0 fat, so I think otherwise it's an acceptable alternative food, just don't know if this is casein or not... Thanks!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

I hit a lovely mini goal of 65 pounds gone! 17 weeks so far and still 100% OP.

Is it weird that this actually seems easy now? I gues my body likes this way of eating. I only get cravings one day a month and that is because of TOM. I just give in and have an extra restricted (with coach's approval) and then I am fine again.

I find though that I want to eat less and less food. I would be content if I could just have my drink mixes for all meals. I have to force myself to eat solid food some days.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone -

I do think it is AMAZING to be losing weight during the holidays when most people are gaining it... We should all be quite pleased with ourselves.

I have to get something off my chest about my coach. I know other have had less than positive experiences si I thought I would share mine.

I went to my weigh in today and had lost 3 pounds. I was very happy with that until my coach said: "It would have been nice to know what a good week you could have had without those 2 cupcakes" I said cupcakes -I didn't eat any cupcakes - I made cupcakes but didn't eat any. Coach then said: Oh come on, not even one BLT? (bite, lick or taste) At this I was very insulted and deflated. Is she calling me a liar?

Then she said maybe it says cukes - but hadn't let it go because she brought it up again later - When I commented that my lean mass had gone up and my fat down for the first time and I had just read that this was the ideal combination and I was pleased to see it in the numbers. she said: you realize we can tell when you have extra carbs because your lean mass goes up because you retain more water.

She is not my regular coach and I hope not to have to see her again. I'm only going because I had to pay a fee up front and can't see throwing that money out the window.

What purpose does it serve to make me feel bad about myself? especially on a week I was successful? I have lost each week - and feel proud of myself - I've lost 50 lbs in about 11 weeks and from what I can tell have followed the plan 100%.

I am getting a little mad that I've paid good money to be insulted.

When I got home I saw what she had highlighted in my journal and it was my lunch which said 2 cups cukes - which I eat every day for lunch.

Sorry for the long post - Now I think I'm getting more upset because I let her get to me. Hopefully I don't need to see her again. I understand "tough love" but in my case I wasn't needing any this week
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I hit a lovely mini goal of 65 pounds gone! 17 weeks so far and still 100% OP.

Is it weird that this actually seems easy now? I gues my body likes this way of eating. I only get cravings one day a month and that is because of TOM. I just give in and have an extra restricted (with coach's approval) and then I am fine again.

I find though that I want to eat less and less food. I would be content if I could just have my drink mixes for all meals. I have to force myself to eat solid food some days.
65 in 17 weeks? JEALOUS!
Good for you! Keep eating your real foods too

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Hi everyone -

I do think it is AMAZING to be losing weight during the holidays when most people are gaining it... We should all be quite pleased with ourselves.

I have to get something off my chest about my coach. I know other have had less than positive experiences si I thought I would share mine.

I went to my weigh in today and had lost 3 pounds. I was very happy with that until my coach said: "It would have been nice to know what a good week you could have had without those 2 cupcakes" I said cupcakes -I didn't eat any cupcakes - I made cupcakes but didn't eat any. Coach then said: Oh come on, not even one BLT? (bite, lick or taste) At this I was very insulted and deflated. Is she calling me a liar?

Then she said maybe it says cukes - but hadn't let it go because she brought it up again later - When I commented that my lean mass had gone up and my fat down for the first time and I had just read that this was the ideal combination and I was pleased to see it in the numbers. she said: you realize we can tell when you have extra carbs because your lean mass goes up because you retain more water.

She is not my regular coach and I hope not to have to see her again. I'm only going because I had to pay a fee up front and can't see throwing that money out the window.

What purpose does it serve to make me feel bad about myself? especially on a week I was successful? I have lost each week - and feel proud of myself - I've lost 50 lbs in about 11 weeks and from what I can tell have followed the plan 100%.

When I got home I saw what she had highlighted in my journal and it was my lunch which said 2 cups cukes - which I eat every day for lunch.

Sorry for the long post - Now I think I'm getting more upset because I let her get to me. Hopefully I don't need to see her again. I understand "tough love" but in my case I wasn't needing any this week
I have a name for coaches this and is is about as nice as they are (which is not at all nice)
I get blind-sided by people like this and never have the right thing to say in the moment. However, you can call the clinic, ask to speak to her and tell her that belittling you did noting but tick you off and you will NOT be working with her in the future. You could also talk to her boss and make your feelings known. We feel bad enough about ourselves for getting to be the weight we got to. We don't need ANYONE making us feel bad. Coaches are for building us UP and helping, not tearing us down. And besides, you are PAYING for service. It needs to be positive!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #54  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! I am not feeling well today...feels like strep throat!! But I am so excited about last night's WI that I just had to log on and post...I lost another 5lbs! So I have officially lost 10.8lbs in 2 weeks! Amazing! I had posted yesterday that I thought I'd be going off plan this weekend while traveling but my Ipeeps talked me down from the ledge and a great WI sealed the deal! I am going to do everything in my power to stay OP!

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hi everyone! I am not feeling well today...feels like strep throat!! But I am so excited about last night's WI that I just had to log on and post...I lost another 5lbs! So I have officially lost 10.8lbs in 2 weeks! Amazing! I had posted yesterday that I thought I'd be going off plan this weekend while traveling but my Ipeeps talked me down from the ledge and a great WI sealed the deal! I am going to do everything in my power to stay OP!

I hope you all have a great day!
Yay! Stay OP with me into the new year. We can do it together!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Hi everyone -

She is a bag. that is really all I have to offer. You are doing great, amazing really, be proud and don't let stupid people get you down. You know what you ate and you are the customer and she has absolutely no right to make you feel bad!! 50lbs in 11 weeks as FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I am finally off work....need to say that again I AM FINALLY OFF. Wow was the hospital busy over Christmas, and 12hr Night shifts (3 in a row) takes it out of you. Is it bad that I plan on spending the whole day in my PJ's cleaning and making pumpkin pies for my family who is driving down tomorrow. I will not be partaking in the pies or other holiday fair that I have stocked the house with though, I am planning to stay 100% OP. So i may be back for more support then usual the next few days because you guys give me strength!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 12-27-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
I hit a lovely mini goal of 65 pounds gone! 17 weeks so far and still 100% OP. .
Way to go! 65 lbs in 17 weeks is amazing!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #59  

Quote:
Hi everyone -

Wow, how frustrating and discouraging! And so hard when it gets to you and you think of all the clever responses after. Hopefully you don't get her again. I would consider letting her boss know. Can you imagine how much damage she can be doing?

BTW you are doing amazing! Not only did you lose 3lbs over the holidays, you have lost 50lbs in 11 weeks!! Congrats and keep it up!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
... The reason for this is because this diet has been very hard on my body, I have extreme hyperglycemia plus anemia and this diet leaves me with very low energy. Medically I'm ok, but I'm tired of the fatigue and feel I need a break. .... Any thoughts or suggestions?
Nola -

You have received lots of good suggestions to consider as you make your decision. I have another suggestion that may work, but a little background first.

Recently I contemplated phasing off to P3 then back to P1 as Wuv did a while back since my body seemed to be stuck in the 180s. In fact, it took me ten WIs to get through the 180's. I have been OP since October 2011 and even though I do have quite a bit of loose skin to account for, I knew that I still had/have some more actual pounds to lose. I couldn't decide whether I was just getting frustrated or that my body really did need a break after being OP for so long.

Since I was on the fence about what to actually do, I decided that gathering more information about low carb living in general would be a good thing for the future. I read a lot of books (yes, actual books ) from the library and I keep running into the suggestion to start taking L-carnitine. I had heard about it before, but never did any reading about it. The conclusion I took away from all the reading was this nutrient is critical for energy formation and an active metabolism.

So I figured that making this tweak wouldn't hurt and if there was no movement, I would just discuss my thoughts to move through phases with my coach. Since my doctors didn't object, mid week, I added 400mg to my morning & evening pills (I only take supplements twice a day after eating my bigger meals). When my next WI came around, I was down 2.4# - remember not even a full week of the tweak. When I got to my WI yesterday, I stunned my coach. I dropped 5.8#. I didn't change anything else in my normal routine in the last two weeks except adding the new pill.

Do I know for a fact that the L-carnitine was what did it? Nope. Could my body have been getting ready to let go anyway? Perhaps. I will add that since taking the L-carnitine, I have not had the urge to take a short nap in the afternoon - even when one or multiple cats curl up in my lap, so my energy level seems to be a bit better as well.

Just one more thing to contemplate and discuss with your doctors. Whatever you decide, just remember you have lots of people here that have your back!
Closed Thread