Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
There is one IP branded food packet that I really like and I need to buy a few boxes of it. I use alternatives and don't have a coach.

Where is a reliable online source for IP foods?

Thanks,
Chloe
http://www.plainprotein.com/index.php?p=home
Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #77  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

after being bad during the holidays i am back OP today I know im out of ketosis so the next few days will be interesting lol
Old 12-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the support, all y'all
Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Carol- good luck on day 1!

Texan- I got sick of having the same veggies over and over also. So I started to try some new ones. You can make turnip fries or try roasting the cauliflower with olive oil and sea salt.

Lately, I have been putting a layer of rutabaga's under my roast in the crock pot. When the roast is done cooking, you can mash the rutagaba into a faux mash potato. It's really good that way.

Liz's gravy puree is crazy good. I had it with my turkey on Thanksgiving.

mrskuby- I haven't cheated, so I'm not sure how long it effects you on weight loss with IP. I would like to warn you that many people have posted on here how they cheated once, and have never been able to get back to 100% OP since. There is a thread about the real costs of cheating on IP in the stickies. You might want to read that before New Years.

I would think if the alcohol is one of the low carb one's, it wouldnt be so much of an issue. It's more about what kind of food you plan on eating. You've done great so far. Be smart about the choices of food if you do cheat, you don't want to ruin the momentum you have now.
I would think the amt of food we're not eating would make you get tipsy and or sick pretty fast.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

SDChickie and Scorbett-

Congrats on your big milestones!

this girl is awake-

Welcome back. Beating yourself up won't help, so just put it behind you and move forward. As for no restricteds, I'd heed the advise others have already given you. I personally find if I do NO restricteds for several days or a week, I lose less.

Texan-

I put my 2 cups of spinach in a blender with a premade shake a lot. It's an easy way to get your veggies in. But also what has helped me is to use veggies that I didn't eat very often before. Jicama, rutabaga, and now I'm a huge fan of cabbage, too. It's a little more work to try cooking new things in new ways, but it keeps me eating the veggies and enjoying them.

I made it through the holidays with no major problems, though I did not eat 4 cups of veggies one day. I'm having TOM issues right now that are driving me nuts (guys, you can skip the rest of this post, lol!). Issues as in NO TOM but stuck in a PMS state for WAYYY longer than normal. It's so bad it's making me feel like want to stop IP just to make it go away...don't worry I won't really stop IP, that's just my "feelings"!) I'm bloated, cranky, etc... Any advice, anyone?
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild wire View Post
An actifry was the best thing I have ever bought! We ate out 4-5 nights a week but now use the actifry for our protein & veggies practically every day. I get my olive oil in by using it in the actifry. Minced garlic, tablespoon of soy sauce or another flavour like hot sauce to the veggies are great. We use red, orange & yellow peppers, mushrooms, bok choy for crunch, jicama. I have only had broccoli once since Halloween!

Okay Wild I just bought my ActiFry and was reading through the cook book. I can do this. Thanks for the awesome suggestion. This diet keeps getting more and more expensive

But at least I have a fighting chance now... Doing my Happy Danc e
Old 12-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #82  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Halfagain - every time you post and I look at that pic I am so inspired that one day I will be able to take those pics and look that great!

Ok all, question for you - Im a week out of surgery and the doctor is telling me that i have to get more fiber into my diet. I ended up almost having a procedure called deimpacting. When you look it up the first thing that comes up is deimpacting cow and horses, made me feel so thin...haha
anyway- I have to take metamucil every day and I remember somewhere along the way being told by an IP "person" that I could not have metamucil. any advice? oh the facts on metamucil
calorie 15
fat 0
carbs 4
sugars 0
On top of that I have to take lots of different pills and he also wants me to eat more fiber right food,like cheerios and less protein rich foods that tend to bind.
Most pharmacies carry a sugar-free, diabetic friendly version of Metamucil, we have that at my house for my husband who is a Type 1. If you can't find that, get psyllium husks from the local GNC or health store - they basically do the same thing. And esp with psyllium husks, they are nothing but undigestible fiber so they add nothing to your diet and do not have to be counted as a "food".

You may also want to try Smooth Move or another senna tea - I have one cup every morning to keep things working

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?!
WOOO HOOOO!!! That is a HUGE milestone!! Way to go!

Quote:
There is one IP branded food packet that I really like and I need to buy a few boxes of it. I use alternatives and don't have a coach.

Where is a reliable online source for IP foods?

Thanks,
Chloe
www.plainprotein.com - I use alternative foods but IP vitamins/supplements and that is where I order them from. Very reliable and fast (free) shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Okay Wild I just bought my ActiFry and was reading through the cook book. I can do this. Thanks for the awesome suggestion. This diet keeps getting more and more expensive
LOL my husband and I were just talking about the "hidden costs" of IP - the appliances/kitchen tools, and the CLOTHES

Speaking of, I had time to hit Old Navy's big after-Christmas sale (75% off a lot of great stuff!). Dangerous thing. I bought 4 sweaters, a pair of SKINNY jeans, two shirts for my boys and a new sweater for hubby, for $65. Woo hoo!

Here's a pic of me in the dressing room, can you see how excited I am about the skinny jeans???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-26-12.jpg (34.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I felt the same, I've bought all the recommended equipment! Anything to keep it interesting. The Actifry, the tiny ice cream maker, the dehydrator...all the Walden Farms products, special low carb brownie mix...
It's all helpful and the IP'ers here are amazing with recipes.

Thanks to all for your help today!

Special thanks to Molly!

Last edited by Chloe222; 12-26-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I felt the sane, I've bought all the recommended equipment! Anything to keep it interesting. The Actifry, the tiny ice cream maker, the dehydrator...all the Walden Farms products, special low carb brownie mix...
It's all helpful and the IP'ers here are amazing at recipes.

Thanks to all for your help today!

Special thanks to Molly!
Fiddlesticks, ya'll! I just bought a dehydrator...now you must explain what the heck is is an Actifry and why must I get one? lol But seriously, if that many of you bought one for IP, then I really do need to know more about it.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

DANG, dude! You don't waste any time!

Maybe I need to check one of those out...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Speaking of, I had time to hit Old Navy's big after-Christmas sale (75% off a lot of great stuff!). Dangerous thing. I bought 4 sweaters, a pair of SKINNY jeans, two shirts for my boys and a new sweater for hubby, for $65. Woo hoo!

Here's a pic of me in the dressing room, can you see how excited I am about the skinny jeans???
Wow, those jeans look amazing on you!!! And great deal on new clothes!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Holidays have not only been survived, they have gotten a righteous butt whupping. Just did my weigh in, I am down 3.4 pounds and 3/4 of an inch!!! HELLOOOO 160's!!!

That means:
-one pound until I get another reward bracelet
-eight pounds to goal
-three pounds from the weight I last maintained for several years before having kids!
Congrats!!!!! You are such an inspiration.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #88  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
DANG, dude! You don't waste any time!

Maybe I need to check one of those out...
LOL...Go to Bed Bath & Beyond online and they have a video you can watch and learn more about it. It's not cheap $249.99 but use your 20% and it drops quite a bit. Since I don't like to stand over a stove or oven and cook, this was an easy choice for me...like a crock pot and veggie steamer. I like to put everything in and set a timer. When it buzzes at me, I know it's done.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #89  

thx all for the input! im going with the metamucil til things are back to normal for me. 7 days without moving made it very scary for my doctor. I ahve the sugar free stuff which I was using before IP so I'll continue with that and am goign to add smooth move tea to my daily habits as well.

BIG NEWS - I made it through a whole day today without a prescription
painkiller! Only used tylenol twice today. i will using something prescription for sleep however. just such a great feeling to have a clear head for the first day in over a week. Everyone, raise your IP shaker with me in a toast!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
LOL...Go to Bed Bath & Beyond online and they have a video you can watch and learn more about it. It's not cheap $249.99 but use your 20% and it drops quite a bit. Since I don't like to stand over a stove or oven and cook, this was an easy choice for me...like a crock pot and veggie steamer. I like to put everything in and set a timer. When it buzzes at me, I know it's done.
Hmmm... I have a birthday coming up in February... Santa Chickie brought me lovely loot for Christmas, including skinny jeans, Victoria's Secret lotions, and jewelry... so maybe the Birthday Fairy will bring me an Actifry!
Closed Thread