Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #46  

TX - we found this recipe for spinach at a very high end restaurant and of course altered it to my IP specifications. Measure out the spinach, I use 2 cups, get a wok pan hot ( I use a non sticky one) or if you don't have a wok pan which I suspect you don't, you can use a regular fry pan with either marg spray or olive oil, put in some garlic, real or powdered, and some red pepper if you like your food hot, or a tiny bit of soy sauce & ginger if you want a more Asian flavor. throw the spinach in to the hot pot and stir constantly until the spinach cooks thoroughly. It wont look lik emuch but it taste unbelievable!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #47  

Halfagain - every time you post and I look at that pic I am so inspired that one day I will be able to take those pics and look that great!

Ok all, question for you - Im a week out of surgery and the doctor is telling me that i have to get more fiber into my diet. I ended up almost having a procedure called deimpacting. When you look it up the first thing that comes up is deimpacting cow and horses, made me feel so thin...haha
anyway- I have to take metamucil every day and I remember somewhere along the way being told by an IP "person" that I could not have metamucil. any advice? oh the facts on metamucil
calorie 15
fat 0
carbs 4
sugars 0
On top of that I have to take lots of different pills and he also wants me to eat more fiber right food,like cheerios and less protein rich foods that tend to bind.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #48  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions and support. I will buy a blender and see what I can come up with. I will also attempt the puree's. Cooking is not something that I do or enjoy I had to take the plastic off the inside trays in the oven this weekend (after 4 years in the house). My friends told me to clean the inside so I don't set off the smoke alarms. LOL
I don't like cooking much either. That's why I love IP. It's easy and fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I want that shaker bottle!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
What a great idea! And I love those colors.
I'm going to try it out. Handy and effective.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #49  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Halfagain - every time you post and I look at that pic I am so inspired that one day I will be able to take those pics and look that great!

Ok all, question for you - Im a week out of surgery and the doctor is telling me that i have to get more fiber into my diet. I ended up almost having a procedure called deimpacting. When you look it up the first thing that comes up is deimpacting cow and horses, made me feel so thin...haha
anyway- I have to take metamucil every day and I remember somewhere along the way being told by an IP "person" that I could not have metamucil. any advice? oh the facts on metamucil
calorie 15
fat 0
carbs 4
sugars 0
On top of that I have to take lots of different pills and he also wants me to eat more fiber right food,like cheerios and less protein rich foods that tend to bind.
I think you need to just do what the doc says until he clears you to go back on IP. Stick with whole grains and stay away from sugar. When he gives you the all clear to start again, just try to reduce carbs for a couple days before starting phase 1.

Glad to see you are feeling well enough to check in.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #50  

Hi all! I got the wireless access code! No more phone posts! Typing to you poolside in sunny FL

First: Scorbett, dear, congrats! You and I started right about the same time - less than a week apart I think. You are SO CLOSE! I can't wait to watch for your words of wisdom in maintenance. I love to learn from those who trudge ahead. The "easy" part is almost over!

mrskuby
I'm so glad you had a change of heart. The only thing I'd like to add from others who have already convinced you is about the alcohol. Ketogenic diets can be hard on the kidneys and liver (one of the reasons we drink so much water!). Alcohol would only add to that stress on the organs. This will be my first NYE in my adult life w/o alcohol. Pregnant women do it all the time. The alcohol will be there when you finish plan. Get some seltzer water and jazz it up with a great Mio flavor. Put it in the prettiest cocktail glass you can find. You and I will both live without a drink and we'll ring in the New Year ON PLAN with our IP sisters and brothers!!!

A1Texan
Lotsa great veggie love advice already! I get tired of 'em plain, too. I'd just like to add: Cauliflower Pancakes, pudding zucchini pancakes (or muffins) and veggie purees without roasting.

My easy puree: I just throw celery, bok choy, leeks and mushrooms in a pan with some chicken broth & seasonings. Bring to a boil & simmer til veggies are cooked. Puree. Use with IP creamy soups. (I don't like the soups alone but its a go-to lunch with the puree AND gets veggies in. I even started freezing the puree in ice cube trays so it keeps until I want it & then its super easy to thaw.

Pudding pancakes (or muffins): Shred 1 c zucchini. Saute or cook 3 min in microwave (optional)
Beat 2 egg whites til frothy, add 1/2 tsp baking powder, desired spices (cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice work well), add zucchini and pudding pack ( I like banana, blueberry or maple oatmeal). Cook as pancake or put in sprayed nonstick muffin pans. In my oven, 350, 15 min

I'm another spinach breakfast smoothie person. Dark Chocolate pudding, 1-2 c raw spinach, 8 oz cold coffee, and coffee ice cubes. Viola! Breakfast!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #51  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Good morning. Going into the end of week 3 I have found that I'm starting to loose interest in veggies. The thought of eating more broccoli and zucchini is starting to repulse me. Last night I had rump roast but couldn't even do a salad. I would rather drink all my meals. This week I plan on making a Shepard's Pie with the cauliflower but I'm running out of options. I have never been a big veggie person to begin with so my choices are limited.

Anyone else having problems with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hi Tex! Have you checked out Liz's thread on purees? There is one for mushroom, celery and garlic purees that tastes like gravy...Seriously you wouldn't even know it's mushroom based. There is also one for a "salsa" puree with red bell peppers that came out fantastic! With a puree, it only takes about a cup to equal 2 cups of veggies so it should make it easier.

Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html

Good luck!
I LOVE the purees, had them almost every day in my IP) soup at lunch with a side salad in P1. They can also be used as a 'sauce' when making cassaroles (ex. chicken & broccoli). I made a big batch at once, measured out into little baggies, and froze so always have some ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Holidays have not only been survived, they have gotten a righteous butt whupping. Just did my weigh in, I am down 3.4 pounds and 3/4 of an inch!!! HELLOOOO 160's!!!

That means:
-one pound until I get another reward bracelet
-eight pounds to goal
-three pounds from the weight I last maintained for several years before having kids!
CONGRATULATIONS lady! You'll be joining us in maintenance soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Haha! Touche! You are correct about the alcohol...I don't necessarily need it but I do expect I will indulge on New Year's eve. I am planning on picking up one of the Skinny Girl mixes to keep the carb count as low as possible. I really feel however that the food is going to be my real challenge since I can avoid drinking for 3 of the 4 days but I can't avoid eating! LOL
Looks like you've gotten some good advice. I would def keep a bar or 2 with me at all times, and RTD drinks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Awww man, you had to mention Kale chips... now I want some! I haven't made them in a couple weeks. I offered some kale chips to a co-worker who's doing IP a few weeks ago. He was not impressed - I told him it could be an aquired taste, though it only took me a couple tries of 'testing' to realize I loved them.
I can't do the kale chips either, but most others seem to like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post

calorie 15
fat 0
carbs 4
sugars 0
Sorry I can't advise re: metamucil. I've found that Phillips stool softeners work best for me, and LOTS of water - even double what is suggested. Asparagus is a good veggie to eat for fiber. That procedure sounds like something to be avoided! Good luck Maezy!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Awww man, you had to mention Kale chips... now I want some! I haven't made them in a couple weeks. I offered some kale chips to a co-worker who's doing IP a few weeks ago. He was not impressed - I told him it could be an aquired taste, though it only took me a couple tries of 'testing' to realize I loved them.
I love em too! Hubby, not-so-much but he can have popcorn & I need a replacement (and a distraction b/c kale chips are a bit of work)
Old 12-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Holidays have not only been survived, they have gotten a righteous butt whupping. Just did my weigh in, I am down 3.4 pounds and 3/4 of an inch!!! HELLOOOO 160's!!!

That means:
-one pound until I get another reward bracelet
-eight pounds to goal
-three pounds from the weight I last maintained for several years before having kids!
Way to go SCorbett!! That is awesome! Doing happy dance! Yay 160's
Old 12-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?!

Last edited by SDChickie; 12-26-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: app on phone is so tricky! haha!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 221/163/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I hate to cook but looks like I may have to learn
An actifry was the best thing I have ever bought! We ate out 4-5 nights a week but now use the actifry for our protein & veggies practically every day. I get my olive oil in by using it in the actifry. Minced garlic, tablespoon of soy sauce or another flavour like hot sauce to the veggies are great. We use red, orange & yellow peppers, mushrooms, bok choy for crunch, jicama. I have only had broccoli once since Halloween!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all!

I haven't started my IP reboot yet, waiting until the first, my daughter goes back to Cali the 29th. She is so excited that we are supposed to get a foot more of snow ( I am way less excited, since I still have a cast on my leg)

Getting ready to do IP again and reading all your posts to get psyched!

My favorite puree is to roast cauliflower, several kinds of hot peppers, garlic and mushrooms, it is like a thick soup and warms you up with the hot peppers.

Everyone stay safe esp. those that are getting this winter storm. Happy New Year
Old 12-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Just had to stop in to share that today's WI officially dropped me from obese to overweight. Who knew I'd ever be so ecstatic to be overweight?!
Congrats to you!! I can't wait to be overweight myself. I'm the same height, so it's good to know when that will happen.

I'm only at the beginning of my journey, but appreciate the words of wisdom and experience that everyone is providing.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

SDChickie Congrats!! You are doing great!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #59  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Oh, that is fantastic! I remember when I got there, it was such a great feeling! Congrats, SDChickie!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #60  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

SDChickie and Scorbett,
Congrats on your milestones! You both have so much to be proud of.
Closed Thread