Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I want that shaker bottle!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I want that shaker bottle!!!!!
What a great idea! And I love those colors.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #33  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions and support. I will buy a blender and see what I can come up with. I will also attempt the puree's. Cooking is not something that I do or enjoy I had to take the plastic off the inside trays in the oven this weekend (after 4 years in the house). My friends told me to clean the inside so I don't set off the smoke alarms. LOL
Hey Tex--I remember from a previous post that you eat out most meals (lunch and dinner) as you don't like to cook. I can see where you could get bored with veggie options at restaurants, as they are often broccoli and or squashes. A juicer sounds like a good option for now, but you may get bored with that in a couple weeks. There are definitely some easy and quick veggie recipes you could do at home that would add more variety...and you may even start to enjoy cooking for yourself which in the long-term is probably healthier than consistently eating meals out. Some suggestions:

Pan-roasted asparagus: heat some EVOO in a skillet over high heat, add asparagus and some S&P and toss to coat. Cover and cook 2 minutes, then uncover and cook another 2-3 minutes until spotty brown.

Saute some chopped bell peppers and/or spinach in a little EVOO and add to an omelet.

Kale chips: toss clean/dry kale leaves (no stems/ribs) with a little EVOO and kosher salt; spread on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes til crispy. A lot of grocery stores sell bags of clean and chopped kale which is super convenient.

Spicy roasted broccoli: Toss broccoli florets with a little sesame oil, pinch of stevia/truvia, garlic, and ground chili paste (1-2 tsp) and roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes (stir after 5 minutes).
Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

I've never been a huge fan of new years resolutions- in fact I've never done one. However this year I think I need to step things up in life. I've done well on my physical self (down 26 pounds in just over 2months) so I think I need to get myself if better fiscal shape. I am puttng myself on shopping and spending probation- only stuff we NEED.

Any tips from you super thrifty people out there??
Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

A1Tex - Good morning, well, almost noon, but I'm on vacation!! I was so sick of veggies & not a veggie person either, but then I learned how to make more of them. If you go to the recipe stickies and try a new veggie a few times a week, you will figure out what you like and new ways to make it. Roasted cauliflower is my favorite, I have it once or twice a week. I change it up with Mrs. Dash spices, garlic, and other veggies like celery and broccoli. I had never made cauliflower before!!

Mrskuby - I would say that either way you are throwing money out the window because you will be out of kitosis. I think the best way to maintain and not slide back up the scale is to do everything you can to stay on plan as often as possible. You have already decided to cheat so this is the best advice I can give you. This diet can be a pain at times, but totally worth it once you are done!! I love phase 4!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitney72 View Post
I've never been a huge fan of new years resolutions- in fact I've never done one. However this year I think I need to step things up in life. I've done well on my physical self (down 26 pounds in just over 2months) so I think I need to get myself if better fiscal shape. I am puttng myself on shopping and spending probation- only stuff we NEED.

Any tips from you super thrifty people out there??
I would highly recommend checking out Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University - there are usually local seminars and they are completely worth it. Changes your whole perspective on budgeting, spending and debt.

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Hey Tex--I remember from a previous post that you eat out most meals (lunch and dinner) as you don't like to cook. I can see where you could get bored with veggie options at restaurants, as they are often broccoli and or squashes. A juicer sounds like a good option for now, but you may get bored with that in a couple weeks. There are definitely some easy and quick veggie recipes you could do at home that would add more variety...and you may even start to enjoy cooking for yourself which in the long-term is probably healthier than consistently eating meals out. Some suggestions:

Pan-roasted asparagus: heat some EVOO in a skillet over high heat, add asparagus and some S&P and toss to coat. Cover and cook 2 minutes, then uncover and cook another 2-3 minutes until spotty brown.

Saute some chopped bell peppers and/or spinach in a little EVOO and add to an omelet.

Kale chips: toss clean/dry kale leaves (no stems/ribs) with a little EVOO and kosher salt; spread on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes til crispy. A lot of grocery stores sell bags of clean and chopped kale which is super convenient.

Spicy roasted broccoli: Toss broccoli florets with a little sesame oil, pinch of stevia/truvia, garlic, and ground chili paste (1-2 tsp) and roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes (stir after 5 minutes).
Awesome. A friend told me about the Kale chips. They sound easy enough. So far the restaurants have been great at making things work for me. I don't mind a salad and a meat/fish protein for lunch/dinner. I'll try the blender on a few things and see how that goes to get in the other few cups of veggies.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #38  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Ok I'm a little nervous, I have been on IP for 8 weeks and have not once been OP, but yesterday was so busy with family and making dinner I did not get all my veggie's or any salad in. I don't want to slow my weight loss in any way, but by the time I thought about it I was exhausted and just went to bed.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #39  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Thank you all for your input. After reading everything and putting things into perspective, I will buy a bunch of the bars, drinks and snacks rather than the soups and puddings I have been getting. I suppose even if I don't get the veggies exactly when I am sposed to, I can at least not eat anything off plan. Might mean I eat less for a day or 2 but better than screwing myself up altogether!

You guys are great! I'll prolly be checking in for support over the weekend! LOL
Off to make my new "grocery" list! :P
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #40  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Thank you all for your input. After reading everything and putting things into perspective, I will buy a bunch of the bars, drinks and snacks rather than the soups and puddings I have been getting. I suppose even if I don't get the veggies exactly when I am sposed to, I can at least not eat anything off plan. Might mean I eat less for a day or 2 but better than screwing myself up altogether!

You guys are great! I'll prolly be checking in for support over the weekend! LOL
Way to stay strong with this. Remember this is a commitment and life style change. I keep thinking of all the failed attempts I've made over the years at dieting. Don't give up on yourself and we won't either...good luck!

I hate to cook but looks like I may have to learn
Old 12-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post

You CAN do it And we are here when you need us!!! Can't wait to celebrate your successes!!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

mrskuby Proud of you!!!

A1Tex I hope you have better luck with Kale than I did. Don't use too much salt!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #43  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Way to stay strong with this. Remember this is a commitment and life style change. I keep thinking of all the failed attempts I've made over the years at dieting. Don't give up on yourself and we won't either...good luck!

I hate to cook but looks like I may have to learn
Thanks Tex! I'll bet that once you've cooked a few things and had success, you'll start liking cooking better. I sugest getting as much cooking done in one afternoon as you can, then freezing everything in portions. Then all you gotta do is defrost/microwave and dinner is ready!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

I eat at least half of my daily veggies raw - cucumber, celery, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, pickles. Seems to work well for me, since I like the crunch. No prep required! Then have some cooked, steamed, etc. ones with my other meal.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #45  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post

Awww man, you had to mention Kale chips... now I want some! I haven't made them in a couple weeks. I offered some kale chips to a co-worker who's doing IP a few weeks ago. He was not impressed - I told him it could be an aquired taste, though it only took me a couple tries of 'testing' to realize I loved them.

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-26-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Closed Thread