3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 12/21/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271789-ip-daily-chat-friday-12-21-2012-a.html)

MommaHen 12-21-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4561994)
I was wondering about you! Hope you are feeling better. :)

I have been more of a lurker these days because I have been so busy with kids and parties and holiday FUN. Officially on vacation tomorrow, not today because today is a clean the house and get ready for the in-laws day!!! I am doing OK in maintenance. The first week was easy but this week I have been eating more of the Christmas goodies and feeling HORRIBLE! I gained 2 pounds once I increased my exercise but have since lost those 2 + 1 more since.

It is hard to keep up with everything, and all the pages too. Glad you get a break from work and classes! I have been thinking about you too! Hope you have a great pre holiday weekend. :hug:

Beck81 12-21-2012 12:29 PM

Morning everyone. We survived our blizzard yesterday here in Wisconsin but I'm still snowed in. We live in a rural area and our road is one of the last to get plowed. I need to get to work though! I own a hair salon and have been moving appointments around and already have to work tomorrow to make up for yesterday. I book three months in advance so no extra room for appointments. Yesterday on my snow day I made a bunch of yummy truffles for Christmas and never ate a single one! But is hard being stuck in all day, makes you want to eat but I survived.

If I don't get back on with the busy Holidays coming up, everyone have a very Merry Christmas!

Suchawittygal 12-21-2012 01:11 PM

Congrats to everyone on their great losses this week! Well, I'm not making the 110 mile round trip drive to my coach today to just step on a scale, so I did my own WI today. I'm happy to say I'm down another 2.6lbs.!

Keep up the great work everyone and stay OP through this long wonderful weekend :D

kasamsdad 12-21-2012 01:15 PM

Had my WI today officially lost 35# and 21.5 inches over the last 7 weeks, now onto phase 2!

Debrasb 12-21-2012 01:47 PM

Congrats to everyone on the great losses!!

2 lbs down today at my official WI. Not as much as I'd hoped, and on my home scale it was only 1.0 -- hubby suggested that I take the 2 and stop complaining.

Good news is that I am officially over the halfway-hump at 54% of my goal, and my BMI is now out of the obese category. So I'll think I'll take my husband's advice.

amberjules 12-21-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4561884)
Nice weigh in A1Texan!:cb:

Good morning everyone! Was so happy to slip into a size 8 jeans this morning and a medium sweater. I thought the size 8's wouldn't be for a couple weeks yet. The sizes seem to be going down a lot faster than the lbs for me now. I also need my brain to catch up to my size. =) I keep thinking I am a larger size than I really am.

OMG size 8!!!! That's fantastic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4561870)
Good Morning Everyone. Since my coach is out until next week, I had my own WI at the house. My scale showed another 5 lbs gone and another notch on the belt this morning. Feeling really good heading into the VERY LONG weekend. Stay strong out there!!! :D

Woot Woot! 5 lbs! Great job Texan! :carrot:

I've got my arsenal of IP food, lean protein and veggies ready to go for the holiday. I told my family I was bringing my own food so I didn't have to worry about hidden ingredients or asking anybody to modify just for me. I feel good about my plan and hoping it will keep me away from temptation. My cousins goodies are like crack coccaine. You can't just have one and it will throw me into a downward tailspin if I even sniff it!

NinjaNurse 12-21-2012 01:56 PM

Good Morning all!! (Ok afternoon)
I must get motivated to wrap my daughters gifts. I really only have time today.

I feel like I am in the 7th week itch. Went grocery shopping this morning and looking at the veggies made me nauseous. Wasn't craving crap, but was thinking, UGH veggies and meat..............

Where is the thread for clothing swap?? I have some 3x and 2x clothes I need to get rid of. (Or you can PM me if interested.) Since the consignment shop has little plus size I am also thinking they might take mine faster than the regular sized clothes.

Congrats everyone on their losses!! I envy those going away for the holidays.

Oh, I told my husband I lost 28lbs and he said so you are almost done then?? I said no I want to lose 100. He gave me a weird look like I didn't need to. Love is indeed truly blind.

scorbett1103 12-21-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4562076)
Good Morning all!! (Ok afternoon)
I must get motivated to wrap my daughters gifts. I really only have time today.

I feel like I am in the 7th week itch. Went grocery shopping this morning and looking at the veggies made me nauseous. Wasn't craving crap, but was thinking, UGH veggies and meat..............

Where is the thread for clothing swap?? I have some 3x and 2x clothes I need to get rid of. (Or you can PM me if interested.) Since the consignment shop has little plus size I am also thinking they might take mine faster than the regular sized clothes.

Congrats everyone on their losses!! I envy those going away for the holidays.

Oh, I told my husband I lost 28lbs and he said so you are almost done then?? I said no I want to lose 100. He gave me a weird look like I didn't need to. Love is indeed truly blind.

He's so cute when he's oblivious :)

Which reminds me, you need to tell me what sizes you are in (here or on the batphone), I'm going thru my stuff and putting together a big bag for Savers but if there are things you can use I'd rather pass them on :)

NinjaNurse 12-21-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4562083)
He's so cute when he's oblivious :)

Which reminds me, you need to tell me what sizes you are in (here or on the batphone), I'm going thru my stuff and putting together a big bag for Savers but if there are things you can use I'd rather pass them on :)

HA HA then you must thing my husband is really, really cute!!

I thought of my other ????

How do you all take your vitamins?? I was used to taking mine before bed. I understand not taking all the calcium at once, but I am having a hard time getting into the groove. I bought a pill box, my daughter plays with it.

Suggestions?? I get nauseous sometimes taking the vitamins on an empty or IP drink only stomach. Can I take both Vits at night???

scorbett1103 12-21-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4562091)
HA HA then you must thing my husband is really, really cute!!

I thought of my other ????

How do you all take your vitamins?? I was used to taking mine before bed. I understand not taking all the calcium at once, but I am having a hard time getting into the groove. I bought a pill box, my daughter plays with it.

Suggestions?? I get nauseous sometimes taking the vitamins on an empty or IP drink only stomach. Can I take both Vits at night???

You really shouldn't - your body can only absorb so much at a time, that is why they are spread out through the day. You'll end up quite literally pi$$ing away the money you spent on them.

You might feel better if you take the vitamins after the drink has been in your stomach for a little bit, particularly the potassium one gives me an upset belly if I take it on an empty stomach. Maybe leave yourself a window of 15-20 minutes, and see if that helps! If not, you could do one multi at lunch and one at dinner, that's at least a few hours in between to avoid overloading your system.

tobehealthy 12-21-2012 02:21 PM

Okay, so I'm usually a lurker, but I feel like posting this today.

I have been seriously desiring this dress from the Nieman Marcus collection at Target, but it was $100! So of course I couldn't justify that. Well, yesterday it (and the whole collection) went on sale for 50% off! I had to have it when I saw it in the email!

So, I went to Target and got it... in a size 8! I'm far from there at this point, probably in a 14. So I've hung it on my closet door for inspiration. I'm hoping I can fit into by my birthday... March 23rd.

Fingers crossed for me!

Jessica out!

scorbett1103 12-21-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobehealthy (Post 4562095)

I have been seriously desiring this dress from the Nieman Marcus collection at Target, but it was $100! So of course I couldn't justify that. Well, yesterday it (and the whole collection) went on sale for 50% off! I had to have it when I saw it in the email!

So, I went to Target and got it... in a size 8! I'm far from there at this point, probably in a 14. So I've hung it on my closet door for inspiration. I'm hoping I can fit into by my birthday... March 23rd.

Fingers crossed for me!

Jessica out!

That's a great motivator!!! And how good will it feel when you can finally wear it!

MyTime50 12-21-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobehealthy (Post 4562095)

Fingers crossed for me!

Jessica out!

You can do it!! Having that dress in your face every day is so motivating! Stay OP and come here for inspiration! You'll be rocking that dress before you know it!
I did the same with a suit that I had worn a few years ago. It was my favorite and very expensive. I would get so upset when I would try on the jacket and it was too tight! Forget about the pants!!! After I started IP, my goal was to fit into that suit. So, I hung it on my closet door and looked at it everyday. I wore it 2 months before I reached goal! Now, sadly, it's too big. I'm going to take it to a tailor in the spring to see if he can alter it!
You've got this!!

MonicaKolesnik 12-21-2012 02:42 PM

Good Morning fellow IP'ers, hope you are all having a better day then I, it is my 3rd 12 hr shift at the hospital and it has been crazy busy all three days, thank goodness for ready made IP food so I can get my meal even without breaks. I started the day with a needle stick injury and now or on call Dr. Has come down with the flu that is spreading thru the town. It is going to be a merry Christmas...sigh. I will be working 3 12hr nights over Christmas with my TOM, really just no into the season. Nice thing is the only thing keeping me up beat is the lbs and inches coming off. I almost have to buy new scrubs again. Sorry for the poor me post. Venting is sometimes good for the soul. Hope you guys are all doing great. I owe, I owe it's back to work I go :dizzy:

ablever 12-21-2012 02:43 PM

Good morning, everyone!

Glad to hear about all the progress and success, both NSV's and SV's!

As for me, I'm slowly but surely inching my way toward my goal (pun intended!) I'm down another -1 for the week, leaving 11 more pounds to go!

We're off to visit the family for a couple of weeks...time to see if I've really come as far as I think I have with regards to my relationship with food and the stress that family can sometimes trigger.

Since my New Year's resolution this year will not be about losing weight (for the first time in forever!), this year it will be to determine the source of each craving or desire to eat before responding with food. Is it truly hunger or some emotional link?

With all this holiday stress the last few weeks, I've noticed my urges and immediate desire for food seem to be triggered when I am upset or anxious about something. Clearly not about hunger. So I want to be more aware of these times so I can respond in a healthier way. In the past, the reaction would have been to just eat the stress away and I'm not going to play that game anymore!

There was a time a couple of weeks ago when I was literally and simultaneously yelling at my daughter while reaching for my emergency IP bar in my purse, ripping it open, taking a bite and just chomping away---all while telling her about her disrespectful and inappropriate actions (can't even remember what we were arguing about). That was a horrible wake-up call. I wasn't even hungry...it was just the emotions of the situation. Fortunately what I grabbed was OP but boy was that eye opening.

So for the New Year and New Me, I resolve to dig deep and figure out those triggers so that when I am in maintenance, I will have had much practice already about changing my unhealthy relationship with food :)

Thanks for reading and for sharing the journey with me...

May all your holidays be safe, happy and OP!