Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i love them too!!! sometimes...i get an itty bitty bowl and an itty bitty spoon and my 2 oz milk and add those yummy cinnamon apple puffs and i feel as happy as any HAPPY JACK!!!!
I never thought of that! What a great idea!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i love them too!!! sometimes...i get an itty bitty bowl and an itty bitty spoon and my 2 oz milk and add those yummy cinnamon apple puffs and i feel as happy as any HAPPY JACK!!!!
Mmmm...I'm going to try that Rainbow! You are just full of great ideas
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #18  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Tonight is my company's holiday party. It's gonna be big and fancy.... I can't wait. But I'm not excited about all the temptation of the open bar. It's not the food that'll get me- it's the open bar. LOL.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Tonight is my company's holiday party. It's gonna be big and fancy.... I can't wait. But I'm not excited about all the temptation of the open bar. It's not the food that'll get me- it's the open bar. LOL.
I can totally relate! That was a HUGE challenge at my holiday party. It was really hard to drink water/crystal light while everyone else was enjoying the free libations, but I felt so good and proud of myself at the end of the night when I had accomplished staying OP! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is excited to get a ticker....I guess it's the little things. I went to my Bunco Christmas party last night and spent the evening surrounded by cookies, cakes, candy and wine. I drank 3 bottles of Crystal Light and didn't touch any of it. I was proud of myself and rewarded when on my own scale this morning I had lost 1.3 lbs. This blog helps me sooo much. I can't find anyone in my area that's even heard of this diet, so, it gets kind of lonely. Keeping up on all you other rockstars definitely keeps me motivated! Thanks!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

FutureFitChick: Welcome to OneDerLand! It feels so good. You have done GREAT! Never ever to see the 2's again!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #22  

Okay, its MY turn to have a STUPID cold...grr...I wish sick children would stay home from school so the teachers don't get sick right before the holidays...

I'm doing the same plan I've suggested to others: I made chicken soup (homemade with celery, bok choy, & leeks), measured the meat so I knew just how much I could have & sipping on broth with veggies throughout the day since the virus has taken away my appetite. Also sipping hot tea or hot lemon water. And I stayed home with the "worst" of it so others won't be sick for the holidays.

Something I noticed & could be the cause of other people's weight gains while sick: I was SUPER thirsty yesterday but did not go to the bathroom as much as usual, even tho I drank way more than usual. So, there is definitely water retention. Probably the body needing fluids to build the defense against the virus. Definitely a stay-off-the-scale time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I am doing cartwheels this morning because I am now out of the 200s! I still find myself very nervous to part with clothes that are too big (unless I really hated them anyway) because of fear that I will fall off and rebound to a higher weight. But, I am building confidence that I will manage by reading about all of you that are so successful with lifetime changes using IP.
First, MANY MANY congrats on onderland! I'll be joining you soon!
Celebrate today by staying 100% OP. Sounds like you have a plan to deal with the hunger. On hungry days/weeks, I add more lettuce. I even pile my whole dinner right on top (got the idea from the big mac in a bowl)

Second: clothes and fear. I posted about that in the 100% thread over the weekend. I had gotten rid of some worn out items and that wasn't hard but when I started piling up items that were in good condition, that was much harder. I definitely felt the fear twinge but I went ahead and boxed 'em up anyway! (Working thru the fear!)
A high school in a low income area got the pants that would work for uniform pants (Khaki, blue or black), another box to Goodwill, and the nicer items to a shop that sells nicer used clothing as a fundraiser for Women's Foundation. I've shopped there, as well, and won a 50% off certificate that needs to be used by end of Feb. Perfect timing b/c I'll definitely need more smaller sizes by then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Just wi this am only lost 1 lb. a little disappointed but it did feel like a slow week for me. Hey the bright side is I am down 25lbs in 5 weeks. Woo Hoo....
Celebrate that 1 lb! Every lb is to be celebrated. Did you lose inches too? No "onlys" when reporting weight losses. Its all GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
It's so hard...but I've found that if I keep a restricted snack in my purse, that has helped. The Cinnamon Apple puffs have been a good snack this time of year. Also, I carry around a bottle of water EVERYWHERE so when I feel like I need a snack, I have a big drink of water to see if that will fill me up and stop the craving. I know that is boring, but it has helped me stop cheating. I'm sure we have all had one of those days (I broke down and had a few bites of apple pie that everyone was raving about ), but maybe just think about how you didn't feel well afterwards and that might be a good deterrent!
Planning is key for me. Knowing I'm going to be exposed and bringing something that will help me not feel so left out. My biggie is the crunchy-salty, which can be cured with a restricted snack. And if sweets will be there too, I can make some cookies or muffins with a pudding mix (non-restricted!) That is my plan for Christmas Eve when I know everyone will be overindulging on desserts...bring an IP sweet (cookie or fudge from pudding) and probably some coffee in a thermos b/c they aren't coffee drinkers (or some peppermint tea bags). The hot liquid helps a LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Mio in selzer is my lifesaver at the bar and whenever I'm at parties where there is drinking. I don't even worry about how much I use if it keeps me away from other stuff. I just don't use any the next day. DH has said many times that he has a DD for about 10 months while I lose this weight.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #23  

WI today with a loss of 1.8 lbs. I felt like I had not lost any with all the stress and worrying surrounding my son last week and out of town for his tests. So, I was very surprised!

Rainbow I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.
Congrats to all on their WI's!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #24  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning all! Just a quick hello - hope everyone is well!

Rainbow, have a fantastic trip and hope you get your snow!! Merry Christmas to you, too!!!
OMG IPDiva!!!!! What an amazing transformation! That dress is swallowing you up. I can only imagine the powerful feeling you must have seeing the dramatic change. You're gorgeous!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #25  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Good Morning. I finally got my signature ticker today. I couldn't decide on what to put as my starting weight but opted for when I started OP.

You see, this summer I hit my highest weight in my life at 238. I visited my parents and looked at my dad and saw a 285 lb man and a look into what the future holds for me. It scared the SH&t out of me. I knew I had to do something to stop the process. I started using the calorie counter on "My Fitness Pal" and lost 7 pounds over 4 months. A really good start but not the results I was hoping for. I started to get depressed over another possible failed attempt at a diet.

I turned to my Doctor for advise and answers. He knew I had hit rock bottom and said that he was putting me on IP. So the rest is on my Weight Tracker and this amazing journey begins. And I get to share it all with you...My IP Family....Happy Holidays
Congrats A1Texan!! I just got my ticker yesterday and was so giddy to see the results.

It's great that you could recognize what you didn't want for your life before it actually happened, especially in regards to your health.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #26  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelly View Post
I cheated two days like crazy chocolate shortbread ribbon candy and now i feel like crap....why do i keep doing this!!!!!! im very frusterated!! help.
Okay, so it was 2 days, not the rest of your life. Those 2 days do not define who you are or what you are capable of and they are gone. No worries, jump back on the IP train and keep moving forward.

There's no need to beat yourself up or relive the past. You did it, you move forward, and don't look back. You've got this, you can do it!

I read a wonderful book called "Women Food and God" (not a spiritual book) that was life changing for me. It allowed me to deal with the mental issues of weight loss and I decided then and there I was no longer going to beat myself up for screwing up my diet. I wasn't going to sweat about still being overweight. Instead, I just set out to love myself and deal with the reality of the situation. It changed my life.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
It's so hard...but I've found that if I keep a restricted snack in my purse, that has helped. The Cinnamon Apple puffs have been a good snack this time of year. Also, I carry around a bottle of water EVERYWHERE so when I feel like I need a snack, I have a big drink of water to see if that will fill me up and stop the craving. I know that is boring, but it has helped me stop cheating. I'm sure we have all had one of those days (I broke down and had a few bites of apple pie that everyone was raving about ), but maybe just think about how you didn't feel well afterwards and that might be a good deterrent!
So, are you allowed to have two restricted items in a day? If you do is that considered going off the program. My counselor said no more than one but some days it would really help.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #28  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Lulubelly, you decide what goes in your mouth, so don't beat yourself up over it. It was a choice you made and nothing can change that except maybe next time you will think about it more before indulging in it. We all have to be concious of our food decisions, the food doesn't taste any different than it did before, its still the same, so why bother? At least this is my way of thinking through my second Christmas.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
So, are you allowed to have two restricted items in a day? If you do is that considered going off the program. My counselor said no more than one but some days it would really help.
only ONE restricted a day, IF you choose to have an extra packet it SHOULD be UNrestricted!...If having another restricted keeps you from cheating with something OFF OF PROGRAM than go for it but I would stick to the unrestricted instead of the restricted...just my opinion
Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #30  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

This is pretty gross and kind of embarrassed to share, but, it's kind of funny too.....

I baked a bunch of goodies to give as holiday gifts to my coworkers. I made 3 different things, none of which I had made before. Anytime I make food that will be gifted I try the finished product to make sure it's good....if it's crap I'm not going to give it to anyone! Two of the 3 treats I made over the weekend and my husband taste-tested for me and gave them the thumbs up. The 3rd item (biscotti) I made last night.....unfortunately my husband was out of town so I didn't have a taste-tester. I'd never made biscotti before, and was really worried about giving them to people without knowing if they were any good......so......I took a bite, chewed it to get a good sense of the taste and texture (which was terrific)......then spit it out!

I am determined to stay OP........
Closed Thread