Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #31  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
how many weeks have you been on ip and how much have you lost, what is your average loss?

do you workout with weights?
This was week 8. I have lost 30 lbs so far. I haven't worked out at all yet, but my lean mass went up 2 lbs.
I don't cheat, so I dunno why there was a stall, since I am 100% OP, but I see others stall as well, so I guess I will allow a week where it happens Hopefully I get a whoosh next week!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! 7 lbs. in a week is awesome! WTG!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #33  

Default whoosh fairy

I had a one lb loss last week so I guess my body decided to make it up w/ a 7lb loss this week. So my 15wk stats are 71lbs and 33in . 53 more til goal. So excited!!!!! I'm feeling like a whole new person. I feel like I'm happier and nicer too
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
That's phenomenal!!! Nice work!

The only thing I'm regretting so far about being on IP is not starting sooner! One side note: While I was away, my husband and I were talking to another couple who are good friends of ours, and the guys were both commenting about what a bad time I picked to go on a diet, with the holidays and all. My female friend, though, immediately disagreed with them saying that I had picked the *perfect* time since it would be protection against gaining weight like everyone typically does over the holidays. I have to agree! I know I would have made completely different food choices over the last 4 days if I weren't on IP!
This is how I feel, but at least we started and that's the best decision we've made!!

I've been going crazy the last few days, worked this weekend and somehow had to cram in baking orders, getting a Christmas tree, and visiting my in laws. We didn't get to everything, but the orders got out and I picked up an AMAZING tree from the local farm. It's 9 feet tall and because it was their last weekend to sell trees they only charged me 20 bucks! I think it's the biggest tree we've ever gotten. Can't wait to decorate it!![/QUOTE]

Where did you get the tree??? We usually go to Kennys because Santa and Mrs Claus are there. It was very festive this year, everyone in the Holiday spirit.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #35  

Scorbett - which alternative chili product in unrestricted? I just started to use altern and didn't know there was an unrestricted chili.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Way to go!!!

This is how I feel, but at least we started and that's the best decision we've made!!

I've been going crazy the last few days, worked this weekend and somehow had to cram in baking orders, getting a Christmas tree, and visiting my in laws. We didn't get to everything, but the orders got out and I picked up an AMAZING tree from the local farm. It's 9 feet tall and because it was their last weekend to sell trees they only charged me 20 bucks! I think it's the biggest tree we've ever gotten. Can't wait to decorate it!!
Where did you get the tree??? We usually go to Kennys because Santa and Mrs Claus are there. It was very festive this year, everyone in the Holiday spirit.[/QUOTE]

We went to Silverbrook Farm in Acushnet (not the one in Dartmouth) - this weekend was his last one doing trees, but they are so great there and the tree is gorgeous! I laughed because his first comment to me when we got there was "sorry about the slim pickings"...if these were his "slim pickings" trees, I would LOVE to see what the first pick trees looked like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Scorbett - which alternative chili product in unrestricted? I just started to use altern and didn't know there was an unrestricted chili.
The Weight Loss Systems chili that doctorblue is using is unrestricted - it has 12g carbs but 4g dietary fiber which is subtracted from the total carbs because it is not digested. That brings it to 8g carbs, which falls under the unrestricted guidelines.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Good Afternoon !!!

Finally got to my 1st 10lb mini goal last week.With all the holiday going ons I am finally going to celebrate. Guess who's going for a mani/pedi tomorrow!!!!

CONGRATS SAHMMOMMY2 !!!!

WELCOME A1Texan and CONGRATS on your 1st weigh in !!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Visited my center to talk to my coach and pick up some more supplies. Last time I just picked up food in a rush.... I was on the program briefly a couple of years ago so I already know the basics. Anyway, today I told him I am trying to drop sime lbs/inches before a big trip that starts Dec 30. I wanted to discuss strategies for vacation in an all-inclusive resort. I want to enjoy SOME of the food and drink amenities without totally messing up my diet. Basically he told me to use the IP food like a supplement and to consume some complex carbs so I don't go into ketosis. If I introduce alcohol and other stuff on vacation, it will be too hard on my liver if I am in ketosis. Makes sense.... But I am sad because I was off to such a good start (5 lbs) and I realize I can't really do the program until I return from vacation. Glad I talked to him though. i was headed to disaster!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 140/140/120

Height: 5' 4"

Okay question for all of you. Just starting the IP when I get home from vacation on Wednesday this week. preparing mentally, emotionally, AND created a plan for food and how to implement with my work schedule. Yes on vacation I am doing this because we got snowed in LOL. But, can I get feedback on the benefits of using a coach? I don't have a lot of free time to go weight in and sit with a coach, and am pretty self disciplined when I put my mind to it. So I would love some feedback as I have never done this program.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson09 View Post
Okay question for all of you. Just starting the IP when I get home from vacation on Wednesday this week. preparing mentally, emotionally, AND created a plan for food and how to implement with my work schedule. Yes on vacation I am doing this because we got snowed in LOL. But, can I get feedback on the benefits of using a coach? I don't have a lot of free time to go weight in and sit with a coach, and am pretty self disciplined when I put my mind to it. So I would love some feedback as I have never done this program.
I did the EXACT thing...made my plan & mental preparation while on vacation. Good for you!!!!

Coach costs more, esp since you can do alternatives to IP foods using this forum.
Coach is good for bouncing ideas off if you run into problems.
You really don't have much weight to lose so I wouldn't anticipate you being on the program very long.
Some coaches are better than others and if you had a good one, you'd have great benefits but if you had a so-so or less one, you'd be better off on your own anyway.

I've just cut my check-in time with my coach from every week to every-other week due to scheduling and feeling pretty confident on P1. I'll want more support moving through P2-4 and throughout maintenance, since I've never maintained a weight in my adult life. That's why I'm keeping a coach.

I think the need for coaches is very individual and depends on how good the coach is...
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #41  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Happy Monday, everybody! I have a short work week then off to celebrate Christmas!

Recently I asked about eggs in a FAQ thread. I was told to eat 4 eggs and 2 egg whites and I thought that was a lot... I didn't realize the sheet had been updated and apparently my coach hasn't either. My sheet (from Feb '11) from my coach said 2 eggs... so I get to bring that up to her when I weigh in.

My question is, I have done 2 eggs for about 4 weeks now (when I don't eat meat that day), and I have lost consistently 4-5 lbs a week. I weighed myself at home this morning (it'll probably change before my WI after work), and I lost another 5 lbs.... Am I losing muscle because I'm not eating the right amount of protein? I've apparently only been getting about 3.5 oz of protein from the 2 eggs each morning.

Edit: Also, I have only lost 1" around my belly, whereas every other part is losing, which is why I'm thinking I may be losing muscle...

Last edited by whytokay; 12-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

And for those wondering, I didn't do anything extra special this week for the big loss. I think it was just a perfect storm, so to speak. My previous week, I had a 0 loss which was probably due to a couple of things including TOM and not enough sleep. This week, I've been really chugging the water, going to bed earlier and getting some red meat in (mmmm, steak!)
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Great and a Happy Dance for you here in Texas
Thanks and WELCOME!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytokay View Post
Happy Monday, everybody! I have a short work week then off to celebrate Christmas!

Recently I asked about eggs in a FAQ thread. I was told to eat 4 eggs and 2 egg whites and I thought that was a lot... I didn't realize the sheet had been updated and apparently my coach hasn't either. My sheet (from Feb '11) from my coach said 2 eggs... so I get to bring that up to her when I weigh in.

My question is, I have done 2 eggs for about 4 weeks now (when I don't eat meat that day), and I have lost consistently 4-5 lbs a week. I weighed myself at home this morning (it'll probably change before my WI after work), and I lost another 5 lbs.... Am I losing muscle because I'm not eating the right amount of protein? I've apparently only been getting about 3.5 oz of protein from the 2 eggs each morning.

Edit: Also, I have only lost 1" around my belly, whereas every other part is losing, which is why I'm thinking I may be losing muscle...
As for where you're losing the weight, we really don't get to choose where the weight comes off. I really wish I would lose some more in my belly too, but for myself, I know having kids really messed up that area. I'm not really sure what it's going to look like when I'm all done. I wouldn't assume you're losing muscle just yet. I've noticed I'm losing weight from the bottom up. I noticed the biggest loss in my calves and legs and it is working it's way up into my trunk. Again, that is just me, I'm sure others lose their weight differently!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #45  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytokay View Post

I started IP in October 2012 and the sheet my coach gave me says 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites (this is the phase 1 sheet that says to follow phase 1 until 100% of weight-loss goal is achieved). There have been some comments in some other threads recently that the eggs have increased to 4 whole and 2 whites....I asked my coach about this today and he said he had not received any notification from the parent company about changes to phase 1, and he hasn't received any updated phase 1 sheets.

I also asked him about the requirement for 8 oz (raw weight) for lean meat/fish/poultry at dinner as I have also seen a lot of comments lately that we can eat up to 8 oz. According to my coach, 8 oz is required. If not, we may not get enough protein to compensate for the muscle loss. During ketosis we not only burn fat, but also muscle as our brains cannot utilize the energy produced from fat, just from muscle. So, it's possible you're not getting enough protein and are losing too much muscle.

Of course, all coaches are different and seem to have different interpretations of the diet and how to implement it.

Definitely talk to your coach about your protein intake and your lean muscle mass, and see if you can get the most up to date phase 1 sheet. February 2011 is an old one.
Closed Thread