Ignore this, I just found my answer in the stickies...sorry
Gotta love the stickies
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #17  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I think today will be my first big test...headed to Movies with the smell of popcorn in the air..LOL
oooooo you are a brave soul!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have avoided the movies for 34 weeks because of that very reason!!

STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-15-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Awoke with a migraine this morning, focused around my left eye. Realized that this is my first migraine since starting IP just about 8 weeks ago. Wondering if there are any other migraine sufferers out there who have noticed a reduction in the frequency of their migraines while on IP.
I have gotten migraines since I was a child. I have narrowed most of them down to food additives.
I was VERY worried about starting IP due to the highly processed nature of the foods. What I found (for me) was that my migraines increased when I tried alternatives from Nashua Nutirition (I bought ProtiDiet and Weight Loss Systems brands). I had to eliminate and then try one at a time until I figured out what was giving me migraines and what wasn't. Just to be safe, I went back on my daily migraine meds (Topomax) for the remainder of my IP P1 tenure. As I wean off P1 sometime mid-2013, I'll wean back off of my Topomax. When I was "just" on IP, I wasn't getting migraines but I really want to save some $$$ on IP foods. So, yes, I noticed a reduction.

It took me a LONG time to determine migraine triggers. I had the help of one of the premier headache clinics in the country (MHNI) back when I was in college. They started the process for me. I had a great college professor who helped me find this clinic and supported me when I was almost flunking out of college due to migraines. Instead, he got me incompletes in all my classes and I recovered my GPA! Thank goodness for teachers and professors

Quote:
Way to be strong. Be proud of your accomplishments and tell them so!

After my great 1st WI yesterday I treated myself to a great steak and steamed broccoli last night...yummm
I showed the nosey-Nellie my pics (the ones in my sig). It didn't stop her know-it-allness. I know she meant well but unknowing & really needed to butt out & worry about what was going in her own mouth and not mine!

Congrats on the 1st WI! Any diet that allows steak is a great diet indeed! (sigh...if it only allowed bacon...THAT is what I loved about Atkins...but I never learned to maintain with Atkins so I need the guidance of IP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingit2013 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do the maintenance on Ideal Protein? Thinking of just maintaining for the holidays the next 2 weeks
I was going to direct you to the stickies but I see you found them. Stickies and the first post of the Daily Thread are HUGE sources of info!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #19  

Quote:
I think today will be my first big test...headed to Movies with the smell of popcorn in the air..LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
oooooo you are a brave soul!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have avoided the movies for 34 weeks because of that very reason!!

STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My hubby pops popcorn frequently at home. One nite I asked him not to but most of the time it really doesn't phase me. I have my own snack planned and IP does SUCH a good job of removing most cravings most of the time (after the first few weeks, A1Texan).
My suggestion for the movies, take a planned snack! I would take a munchy, crunchy, salty but that's just me.

Rainbow and I are sweet enough I guess b/c we aren't fans of all the extra "sweet" in many of the bars and such. Rainbow, I'll have to try that bar you mentioned on the other thread. Lower sweet sounds good to me! I tried the fudge recipe you posted & with the Dark Chocolate, even I wanted to add some Torani syrup. Now, made with the cocomint creme pudding...YUM!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Lisa- bad luck sitting next to the one know it all in the group. Good thing you are commited to IP and able to maintain your composure. I am not sure how I would have handled the same situation.

A1texan- I've been to the movies a couple times since on IP. I got through it by drnking my water and having my IP snack.....just wish there was a movie theater popcorn protein snack.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Good morning IPeeps! I've been lurking a lot but it's time to start posting more to stay a bit more accountable. I woke up this morning with swollen hands (my number one sign of bloating) and feeling kind of gross. I was up for the first weigh-in since I started IP. Trying not to be too bummed- it was less than a lb, and last week was a zero loss- I need to go into 'boot camp' mode for a few days I think, or at least only eat unrestricteds for a few days. I haven't been perfect and I know I need to go 100%.Should be getting TOM soon so I'm sure that has something to do with it too but as this is my first gain on an 'official' weigh-in, I'm trying to just put it in perspective for myself and kick my own butt. I really wanted to get to my 'lowest adult weight' by next week when I go home, so that'd be great- it'd have to be a nice whoosh but even if that doesn't happen, I have something to work toward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
My son is home from college. I hugged and hugged him....he's still my baby....now it feels like the holidays.
My prayer for the holiday season is peace in this world
Enjoy your QT with your son, Maezy! You sound like my mom... she always saves a few ornaments when I come home for us to put on the tree together and says it's not hte holidays until I get there. Hope you and your family have a wonderful and peaceful holiday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitney72 View Post
I didn't get everything done yesterday but I made SOLID progress.

I have a luncheon today for a program for "at risk" young women. These girls do not have high school diplomas but are working on their GED's and need support from as many positive areas as they can get. I am thrilled that they invited me and want my life story. The director thinks I will be inspriation to these gals. We've talked about my weight loss too and she'd like me to add comments about how much better I feel now that I'm eating well. Most of the girls are at or below the poverty level and they are overweight and in need of self esteem.

I'm really excited about life right now- I feel great, I'm looking better and I'm happy.

Good stuff.
That's awesome! I did some work in adult education programs a few years back and I LOVE hearing stories like this. Let us know how it goes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
Lisa, good for you, both for staying OP and not decking that woman in the face! I know what you mean though... I've been going to the 'free pizza lunches' with my coworkers and not eating, and they always have big question marks above their heads. Last time I just stammered something about trying to avoid it and felt really uncomfortable. I feel like once you start to speak up about it, maybe people back off? I haven't even tried yet. But seriously? "You missed out?" Uh, sure you did, on the bloating and guilt that comes with eating whatever you want! And that's not soemthing to feel sad about missing out on!

Quote:
Awoke with a migraine this morning, focused around my left eye. Realized that this is my first migraine since starting IP just about 8 weeks ago. Wondering if there are any other migraine sufferers out there who have noticed a reduction in the frequency of their migraines while on IP.

I actually think I"m STARTING to get migraines and never had them before IP. Probably just a coincidence though. I've read on here that people get a lot less migraines since starting IP. Hope you feel better!

Quote:
OMG I could not do it but I bow to you! What are you seeing?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Stay strong! SW cheese puffs are my go-to movie snack.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Good morning IPeeps! I've been lurking a lot but it's time to start posting more to stay a bit more accountable. I woke up this morning with swollen hands (my number one sign of bloating) and feeling kind of gross. I was up for the first weigh-in since I started IP. Trying not to be too bummed- it was less than a lb, and last week was a zero loss- I need to go into 'boot camp' mode for a few days I think, or at least only eat unrestricteds for a few days. I haven't been perfect and I know I need to go 100%.Should be getting TOM soon so I'm sure that has something to do with it too but as this is my first gain on an 'official' weigh-in, I'm trying to just put it in perspective for myself and kick my own butt. I really wanted to get to my 'lowest adult weight' by next week when I go home, so that'd be great- it'd have to be a nice whoosh but even if that doesn't happen, I have something to work toward!

Enjoy your QT with your son, Maezy! You sound like my mom... she always saves a few ornaments when I come home for us to put on the tree together and says it's not hte holidays until I get there. Hope you and your family have a wonderful and peaceful holiday!

That's awesome! I did some work in adult education programs a few years back and I LOVE hearing stories like this. Let us know how it goes!

Lisa, good for you, both for staying OP and not decking that woman in the face! I know what you mean though... I've been going to the 'free pizza lunches' with my coworkers and not eating, and they always have big question marks above their heads. Last time I just stammered something about trying to avoid it and felt really uncomfortable. I feel like once you start to speak up about it, maybe people back off? I haven't even tried yet. But seriously? "You missed out?" Uh, sure you did, on the bloating and guilt that comes with eating whatever you want! And that's not soemthing to feel sad about missing out on!

I actually think I"m STARTING to get migraines and never had them before IP. Probably just a coincidence though. I've read on here that people get a lot less migraines since starting IP. Hope you feel better!

OMG I could not do it but I bow to you! What are you seeing?
I'm headed to see the Hobbit.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  

Movies should be a piece of cake compared to my love of Mexican food, But get around that with lots of salsa and grilled chicken.

I must confess - I don't cook and therefore I eat every meal out. My coach and I sat down and went over every restaurant that I like and we found food choices that will work. This has been a great help because I really like dining with friends and it keeps me in the social game. All my friends are so supportive..love them!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #25  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
I've only had one migraine in the 4 months I've been on IP. It's been wonderful, I used to have 1 or 2 a month.

I don't normally post on the weekend, BUT...I FINALLY met my 3rd mini-goal. This was the hardest one so far! But I can officially say that I am at the lowest weight I have been since my youngest son was born...almost 9 years ago!! I am so darn happy today! Now off to face the mall
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I've only had one migraine in the 4 months I've been on IP. It's been wonderful, I used to have 1 or 2 a month.

I don't normally post on the weekend, BUT...I FINALLY met my 3rd mini-goal. This was the hardest one so far! But I can officially say that I am at the lowest weight I have been since my youngest son was born...almost 9 years ago!! I am so darn happy today! Now off to face the mall
Strong work Bella and congrats on reaching your goals. Have fun at the Mall
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #27  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post

Bella so glad you did post and shared your success with us! Inspiration keeps me moving forward each and every day. Yours motivated me today!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
I'm with Holly. I would have been spitting nails!!!! Some people are just so ....... Daft? Stupid? Rude? Inconsiderate?? Geez as if it wasn't hard enough!! Way to go Lisa!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #29  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm headed to see the Hobbit.
I rarely go to the movies, generally waiting til they come out on DVD. But the Hobbit is one my husband and I are definitely going to see on the big screen. Can't wait! Absolutely love popcorn, but I'm confident that I won't cave and buy any on the way in....it just isn't worth it in the long run. And of course, my husband will have to go without too......no point in really torturing myself.....
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Quote:
I must confess - I don't cook and therefore I eat every meal out. My coach and I sat down and went over every restaurant that I like and we found food choices that will work. This has been a great help because I really like dining with friends and it keeps me in the social game. All my friends are so supportive..love them!
I'm glad you have such good eating companions. I had a very different experience eating out last night. We were meeting friends that we hadn't seen for maybe two months. I saw them come in to the door so I got up to meet them. My friend looked directly at me and then looked around the room. I caught her eye and waved. She smiled but didn't show any recognition until I got close. When they sat down and we had our pleasantries they commented on my weight loss. I just casually turned the conversation back on to them that they look great etc. Then when we ordered I was the only one with my menu closed so the waitress took my order first; steak, steamed veggies, salad no dressing. My husband ordered the same but with dressing on the side and then both our guests ordered exactly what I ordered. We have NEVER ordered all the same meal before. They told me later they think the healthy eating just looked so good on me they wanted to try it too and they very much enjoyed their meal.

lisa32989 - I wish you a more understanding lunch companion next time.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
Closed Thread