3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Please say a prayer (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271499-please-say-prayer.html)

EPAPRN 12-14-2012 01:53 PM

Please say a prayer

For those 18 children who were killed this morning. and 9 adults 30 minutes from my house.

scorbett1103 12-14-2012 01:57 PM

I have been sick over it since the news reports started coming. Absolutely devastating. Praying for those you may know that were directly affected.

blessedamberly 12-14-2012 02:00 PM

I have been sick as well since seeing the news reports. So many prayers for all affected by this.

NinjaNurse 12-14-2012 02:04 PM

I called my daughter's school shaking and crying. Of course she's ok. But my heart is breaking for those families and everyone involved. I wish there was something we could do. Many, many, prayers to them all.

A really good friend of mine is a Reverend and she is working on a prayer to share with her congregation. She said I could post it on my other MB, and I can here too, if people would like and it doesn't offend anyone.

Finally, EPARN, if you hear of anything we can do to help, can you pass it on???

ragdoll74 12-14-2012 02:08 PM

My heart goes out to all the families of the victims.

fitgirl2012 12-14-2012 02:23 PM

I just heard this devistating news. My heart goes out to the victims & their families. Sending prayers their way...:hug:

maezy1 12-14-2012 02:31 PM

Ninja - plz post the prayer...
saying so many prayers for all involved in Newtown CT and Sandy Hook School
SUch senseless violence

mompattie 12-14-2012 02:33 PM

My heart is heavy and I am full grief. I cannot imagine dropping my sweet child off at school for the day and have such a tragedy like this happen. It makes me sick to imagine. My prayers and sadness are with those families affected. And for all of us. To embrace our blessings and truly know peace this Christmas.

patns 12-14-2012 02:39 PM

This is beyond comprehension. As a longtime elementary teacher I cannot imagine the horror of being in a classroom with the children when something unbelievable happens.
This week would have been one of such joy for these children as excitement built for Christmas.

Words fail us at such a time.

az365 12-14-2012 02:58 PM

Not sure what prayer would do... but we definitely need o figure out how to secure schools and protect children.

EPAPRN 12-14-2012 03:15 PM

I can't believe this is happening. I don't know anyone directly involved. Our state is in a state of shock. I was on NPR's website and there was a post under one of their stories by a young man who posted the Sandy Hook's PTA website where they are accepting donations.

KitKat169 12-14-2012 03:48 PM

Praying.

Lynnie63 12-14-2012 03:53 PM

I just can't imagine how the loved ones of the kids and the adults who were lost in this are handling this. The parents have asked the State Police to ask the media to leave them alone. There were reports that it might have been one classroom - they said it was in one part of the school.

When I go to pick up my nephew at his school in a little bit I will certainly hug him extra tight (getting weepy as I write this).

rainbowsmiles 12-14-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4556809)
My heart is heavy and I am full grief. I cannot imagine dropping my sweet child off at school for the day and have such a tragedy like this happen. It makes me sick to imagine. My prayers and sadness are with those families affected. And for all of us. To embrace our blessings and truly know peace this Christmas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4556814)
This is beyond comprehension. As a longtime elementary teacher I cannot imagine the horror of being in a classroom with the children when something unbelievable happens.
This week would have been one of such joy for these children as excitement built for Christmas.

Words fail us at such a time.

my heart is so heavy with grief for all those involved. i cant even imagine.
now the news are saying is was a son of one of the teachers, his mother was the kindergarten teacher, and he killed her too. so so hard to imagine.

tam67green 12-14-2012 04:14 PM

What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected. I work in an elementary school with preschool aged children, and I just can't comprehend how anyone could do something like that.