Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/12/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #2  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning Incredible Shrinking I People!

I am having an ugg start to the morning... I think it is after bad news yesterday. But as I typed that I decided when I hit "Post Quick Reply" to close the book on that and open a brighter clean slate for the day.

I wanted to reply to all the posts yesterday. I wish I could remember them all. But, I do remember:

SCORBETT: What a knock out!!!

Here's to brighter and better days every day!!! And to each and every one of you!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! I had a nice NSV last night. I bought some riding boots online on black Friday and couldn't get them zipped over my jeans when they arrived. My goal was to be able to wear them for my birthday....well last night I tried again and zipppp they fit!

My losses slowed down dramatically over the last 8 weeks or so. I was consistently losing 2-4 lbs a week for the first 14 weeks, then it just dropped to mostly 1 lb weeks with an occasional 2lb, 3 if I was lucky. Wuv posted something last week about a revision to the phase I sheet. It said that 8 oz of meat were not required in the evening meal, it could be as little as 6 oz. For about 5 days now, I've intentionally not eaten all the protein on my plate at dinner. I'm not measuring how much I don't eat, but I would guess it's about 1-2 oz.

I'm a daily weigher, and have been since the beginning. So far, I'm down almost 2 lbs since my Monday morning weigh in. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. I'm hoping this little change helps me get back to the rate of loss I was at the first 3.5 months.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Off to my first WI in about an hour. I'll post an update later on, but according to my scale (normally very accurate) I've lost 5 pounds.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #5  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Off to my first WI in about an hour. I'll post an update later on, but according to my scale (normally very accurate) I've lost 5 pounds.

Have a great day, everyone!!
That's awesome, good luck!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  

BUBBLEBLOWER - congrats!
RAGDOLL - I have the same thing going on. In fact my scale has me steadily gaining this week even though I have been 100% OP. I'll take the 1lb loss and hope it gets better by next Tuesday. I'm going to use your change of reducing protein and see what happens. Yes, getting all my water etc
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

maezy- it may end up that on my Monday weigh in there is no overall difference.

It's too soon to really tell, but I've noticed the pattern changed a little. For the last couple months after my Monday weigh in, the scale either goes up or doesn't change until the weekend.

We'll see... it will probably take a couple weeks for me to really know if this is making a difference.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
maezy- it may end up that on my Monday weigh in there is no overall difference.

It's too soon to really tell, but I've noticed the pattern changed a little. For the last couple months after my Monday weigh in, the scale either goes up or doesn't change until the weekend.

We'll see... it will probably take a couple weeks for me to really know if this is making a difference.
Thx for the info....my scale usually goes up a lb the day after I weight in too. Weird huh? What happened is my scale went down 3.4 lbs on Sunday and is steadily gaining since then. The first day i figured that it was a rebound from getting my cast off and that it would equalize out. I figure my stress level may also be figuring in a little. I will take what it is because I can tell from my clothes that inches are disappearing!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #9  
Mom on a mission

S/C/G: 200/187/130

Default Happy 12 - 12 - 12

So today is supposed to be a Lucky Day!

Wishing everyone here a bit of good luck for the Holidays and today especially. It may come in many forms... if you believe in luck - that is!

Lucky weigh in?
Lucky ticket?
Gettin' Lucky!

Enjoy the Day, we wont see this 12-12-12 again in our lifetime!

Do something special for yourself today!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #10  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

It has been two weeks since I have been on here, but I want to thank everyone for the suggestions on what to take to a Christmas party. They all sounded great. But, me being me, I ran out of time and ended up taking a veggie tray and fruit bowl from Costco. I was actually thanked by at least four people for bringing something healthy

Today was weigh in 20. I am down 3.2lbs and 1-1/2". It is nice to finally solidly be in the 40s even with the daily flucuations.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Liberty (and everyone yesterday!) for the kind words! I decided to put up a side-by-side because someone at work commented that they couldn't really remember what I looked like before. Well, I remember, all too well! And I'm so grateful for the folks here - there's no way I'd be as successful (or diligent) without the support and guidance on this forum

Ragdoll - awesome NSV on the boots!!!

WI Wednesday for me - I'm down another 2.2lbs and 1 inch!!! My original goal of 170 is in the crosshairs, so glad I decided to be a little more ambitious!

Now that I'm getting closer to goal, I decided to add a little more exercise. I have a 22 minute yoga program set up on my Wii Fit, so I'm going to try and do that at least 3x a week in the morning. If I get up early enough, I can knock that out, have an EAS shake around 6:30am, then eat my breakfast after bringing my kiddo to school. I also decided to go ahead and register for my first 5K! It's not until July (The Run For Your Lives zombie 5k) but it's a HUGE leap of faith to commit to it now. I figure that will give me a firm goal to work towards once I am in maintenance!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #12  
Restart IP 7/25/12

I forgot my NSV. I had a dress with tags on it that I bought about 5-6 years ago and I finally got to wear it on Sunday. Also on Saturday, we have family pictures with my husband's family. The color was red. So I had seen some red jeans and all they had were 8s and they were too big. I don't even remember being able to wear a 6, and if I did it was very short lived.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #13  
Restart IP 7/25/12

Scorbett, I am so glad you stayed OP and did not phase off for the holidays. You look great. It was so hard to restart even though I had been 100% OP for 27 weeks. Great job.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning IPeople. As usual, looks like everyone is doing GREAT. I think the key is to keep coming back here!

ragdoll: Boots! Fitting over jeans. That is great. I love that look

bubbleblower: Good luck at weigh in. Sounds like you are going to rock it!

maezy1: With everything you have going on it is amazing you have stayed on plan. So impressive. I am glad to hear the cast is off!

mommyof3girls: 3.2 lbs down! Great. One for each girl and a little to spare. SIZE 6!!! All I can say is WOW!

scorbett1103: Thanks for posting the comparison pictures. You look awesome. Congrats on the 2.2 down!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

Scorbett- The difference in the pictures is amazing. You are really rockin' this diet. 2.2 lbs lost this week, you're lowering your goal, adding yoga, and all this is during the holidays....amazing.

mommyof3girls...Great NSV's...wearing a brand new dress that's been waiting in for closet for 5 years and in a size 6 pants!!!!
Closed Thread