Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Default 20 lbs to Goal and STRUGGLING! My LONG story.

I'm not a big poster on here, but when I need resources or help, this is where I turn.

BACKGROUND:
I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. I have always felt like such a failure in life (sad, I know) because of my weight. It's the one thing I've truly never felt like I've had control over or been successful at.

A year ago I suffered a car accident and it really affected my life and the life of my family. I realized I needed to make some changes, especially since I was approaching my 35th birthday and my weight was no longer just affecting me, but my children as well.

In 2009 I was diagnosed with PCOS and since that diagnosis, my weight has climbed higher and higher, with diet and exercise (when I committed) unable to make the scale move any lower. I also have an extreme sugar addiction. I LOVE any form of sugar or sweet treat, and was eating multiple of them every day.

In March 2012, I joined a Weight Loss Challenge through Metabolife. I weighed in at my heaviest ever...278.6 pounds. Sadly, I wasn't quite ready and the Metabolife products didn't offer the right program for me.

At the same time, my DH and I decided to move. The stress of getting our house ready to sell and looking for a new house, quickly had me losing 15 lbs. It was the first time I had seen a loss on the scale in over 2.5 years, even if it was the wrong way.

Shortly after buying/selling our house, my parents got involved in a group doing the HCG Diet. They encouraged me to do it with them and even offered to pay the fees for me. I was thrilled and with their help and encouragement, I was able to lose 30lbs over the course of 30 days, and even though it was VERY restrictive, I was so happy to see the scale moving. I was finally able to fit into my old 'fat' clothes and had clothing to wear for the summer.

I waited my 6 weeks and decided to try a 2nd round of HCG. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me. It was too restrictive, I had gotten out of habit/routine and couldn't get back in.

Feeling discouraged, I made a really difficult decision to start IP. I avoided telling ANYONE what I was doing and just did it. After losing close to 15 lbs my first 2 weeks, I was really happy.

I wasn't hungry, I wasn't grumpy or moody, I was doing great. I started IP on August 21st and haven't looked back.

I have been on IP for 4.5 months and have lost over 54lbs...I'm only 20lbs from my goal weight and am the lowest weight I've been in close to 20 years. I'm fitting into clothes that no one thought I would ever be able to wear (especially not me.)

But I'm STRUGGLING big time to get through right now. With my coaches support, we've decided I should start phasing off the last week of January. I have 8 weeks to lose 20 lbs...however I just can't keep myself OP.

I have not gone off program, in the sense that I haven't 'cheated.' I haven't had any sweets, treats, extra carbs, etc.

However, I find I'm HUNGRY quite often and I'm adding extra bits of Protein (be it a few extra pieces of chicken on my afternoon salad, or a few pieces of deli ham after dinner) when those hunger pangs strike.

I don't know what I'm doing or how to stop myself. This week, for the first time ever, I've actually been tempted by food...like last night, almost sticking a brownie in my mouth while cleaning off the kids plates (from dinner at my in-laws.) Or things in the grocery store (like cupcakes or peanut butter) are making my willpower falter.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for...some help or suggestions on getting through the next 8 weeks in tact. Tips for removing this hunger I'm feeling.

BTW ~ my coach has put me on 4 packets per day, so I already have an additional packet of food and I do eat my restricted item (as 1 of my 4) each day.

Can anyone offer advice? I'm really struggling, but determined to finish strong and make it through the holidays in tact...I just need a little extra 'something' to get me there.

thanks!
Humber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

First of all, FANTASTIC JOB getting this far - weight loss is a very personal and difficult journey, and you have come SO FAR! You deserve congratulations for that!!!

I am within 15lbs of my goal weight and also noticing a lot more frequent hunger - I don't know if it's the body's metabolism adjusting, or what - it's making it hard though! You are ABSOLUTELY doing the right thing by dealing with it through some protein. Don't forget that lettuce is unlimited, those salads can be a lifesaver! When I have a really bad day I probably eat 3 bowls of lettuce! There's also nothing wrong with adding an extra packet if it means the difference between that and cheating.

You CAN do it, you are doing all the right things and just need to push through to the end! I'm hoping to phase off at the end of January too, we can conquer the mountain together!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm not there yet, but take it from somebody who fell off the wagon awhile back, it isn't worth it to fail now! You can do it!
tobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #4  

Congrats on your accomplishments thus far. I know its not an easy journey so I commend all of your progress. I was getting like you and decided to phase off before Thanksgiving, which I did for three days, but went back on after 3 days of maintainence, because I was so close (15lbs). Anyhow, I did phase 1 for 11 days I lost 10lbs. Coach said that because I mixed it up I had a really big loss again those 11 days in phase 1. Perhaps you could think of doing something like that. It would provide variety and give you a bit of a break. And since you are so close, it may even boost your looses.

It was during my 3 days of maintainence that I realized that food it's everything and I am so close why the heck stop now?

I believe in you. I know you can get to the finish line!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

I am on the exact same page. I have 20lbs to go.. and Ive been struggling SO BAD with staying OP. I'll do great for three days.. and then at the end of the third day I'll eat a couple chips with my taco salad... and then the next day I fail totally. Today I'm being 100% OP.. but what will get me through the whole week at 100%? I feel like I've lost most of the motivation that I had on day 1 of the diet. I have 7 months exactly to lose my last 20lbs, and I feel like that is holding me back from actually doing it. The huge amount of time I have is preventing me from losing at all..

thoughts?!
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #6  

I'm not on IP but just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss, you are truly an inspiration! My dream is to be under 200, you already beat that by 20 and are on your way to 20 more! Thank you for sharing your struggles and your solution, you have no idea how much this helps people like me. Good luck in making it to your goal.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Humber- you are almost there! You've done so great since August, dont let anything stop you now.

You might want to try some short term goals and incentives to help carry you through.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #8  

Think of where you are now and have far you have come... Then, think, do I really want to go backward? Do I want to have to do this all over again? Listen to your counselor and stick with it. We are here for you!!! You can do this. Keep up the great work.
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Humber~~You have done an AMAZING job! You are truly an inspiration. I agree completely with Scorbett. She always has great advice. The last 20 were very hard for me too and I ended up changing my goal because of similar struggles. Take some time to think about all you have accomplished and be proud of yourself! Someone posted on another thread how they write the # pounds left to lose on their wrist. I did tried this and every time I faced a temptation, looking at that number helped me. You are almost there!!! Good luck!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Congrats on your accomplishments thus far. I know its not an easy journey so I commend all of your progress. I was getting like you and decided to phase off before Thanksgiving, which I did for three days, but went back on after 3 days of maintainence, because I was so close (15lbs). Anyhow, I did phase 1 for 11 days I lost 10lbs. Coach said that because I mixed it up I had a really big loss again those 11 days in phase 1. Perhaps you could think of doing something like that. It would provide variety and give you a bit of a break. And since you are so close, it may even boost your looses.

It was during my 3 days of maintainence that I realized that food it's everything and I am so close why the heck stop now?

Hi, I have a question for you. When you phased off for Thanksgiving, how long did you stay in phase 2 and 3? Thanks!
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

While it is not something I've seen often reccomended around these parts I personally am a large proponent of taking diet breaks occasionally. How often is really up to the individual but in some individuals it can be very helpful to take a couple weeks off, practice maintaining, and then resume dieting.

This is helpful for both physical and mental reasons. Just something to think about.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humber View Post
I'm not a big poster on here, but when I need resources or help, this is where I turn.

BACKGROUND:
I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. I have always felt like such a failure in life (sad, I know) because of my weight. It's the one thing I've truly never felt like I've had control over or been successful at.

A year ago I suffered a car accident and it really affected my life and the life of my family. I realized I needed to make some changes, especially since I was approaching my 35th birthday and my weight was no longer just affecting me, but my children as well.

In 2009 I was diagnosed with PCOS and since that diagnosis, my weight has climbed higher and higher, with diet and exercise (when I committed) unable to make the scale move any lower. I also have an extreme sugar addiction. I LOVE any form of sugar or sweet treat, and was eating multiple of them every day.

In March 2012, I joined a Weight Loss Challenge through Metabolife. I weighed in at my heaviest ever...278.6 pounds. Sadly, I wasn't quite ready and the Metabolife products didn't offer the right program for me.

At the same time, my DH and I decided to move. The stress of getting our house ready to sell and looking for a new house, quickly had me losing 15 lbs. It was the first time I had seen a loss on the scale in over 2.5 years, even if it was the wrong way.

Shortly after buying/selling our house, my parents got involved in a group doing the HCG Diet. They encouraged me to do it with them and even offered to pay the fees for me. I was thrilled and with their help and encouragement, I was able to lose 30lbs over the course of 30 days, and even though it was VERY restrictive, I was so happy to see the scale moving. I was finally able to fit into my old 'fat' clothes and had clothing to wear for the summer.

I waited my 6 weeks and decided to try a 2nd round of HCG. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me. It was too restrictive, I had gotten out of habit/routine and couldn't get back in.

Feeling discouraged, I made a really difficult decision to start IP. I avoided telling ANYONE what I was doing and just did it. After losing close to 15 lbs my first 2 weeks, I was really happy.

I wasn't hungry, I wasn't grumpy or moody, I was doing great. I started IP on August 21st and haven't looked back.

I have been on IP for 4.5 months and have lost over 54lbs...I'm only 20lbs from my goal weight and am the lowest weight I've been in close to 20 years. I'm fitting into clothes that no one thought I would ever be able to wear (especially not me.)

But I'm STRUGGLING big time to get through right now. With my coaches support, we've decided I should start phasing off the last week of January. I have 8 weeks to lose 20 lbs...however I just can't keep myself OP.

I have not gone off program, in the sense that I haven't 'cheated.' I haven't had any sweets, treats, extra carbs, etc.

However, I find I'm HUNGRY quite often and I'm adding extra bits of Protein (be it a few extra pieces of chicken on my afternoon salad, or a few pieces of deli ham after dinner) when those hunger pangs strike.

I don't know what I'm doing or how to stop myself. This week, for the first time ever, I've actually been tempted by food...like last night, almost sticking a brownie in my mouth while cleaning off the kids plates (from dinner at my in-laws.) Or things in the grocery store (like cupcakes or peanut butter) are making my willpower falter.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for...some help or suggestions on getting through the next 8 weeks in tact. Tips for removing this hunger I'm feeling.

BTW ~ my coach has put me on 4 packets per day, so I already have an additional packet of food and I do eat my restricted item (as 1 of my 4) each day.

Can anyone offer advice? I'm really struggling, but determined to finish strong and make it through the holidays in tact...I just need a little extra 'something' to get me there.

thanks!
Humber, your post struck a chord in me. Weight loss is one area that I have not completely mastered, every thing else if I set a goal, I succeeded.

I need to get this done!

I have not been 100% op either, nothing that will take me off ketosis but a few cashews a bit of extra meat.

I am aiming for day 2 being 100% op.

You faced so many challenges, you have come a long way. You perseverance is amazing.

Hang in and finish strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post

Thank you or this post I will speak to my coach about changing it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTradeChic View Post
I am on the exact same page. I have 20lbs to go.. and Ive been struggling SO BAD with staying OP. I'll do great for three days.. and then at the end of the third day I'll eat a couple chips with my taco salad... and then the next day I fail totally. Today I'm being 100% OP.. but what will get me through the whole week at 100%? I feel like I've lost most of the motivation that I had on day 1 of the diet. I have 7 months exactly to lose my last 20lbs, and I feel like that is holding me back from actually doing it. The huge amount of time I have is preventing me from losing at all..

thoughts?!
I have the opposite problem, 11 weeks and 15 pounds to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Humber~~You have done an AMAZING job! You are truly an inspiration. I agree completely with Scorbett. She always has great advice. The last 20 were very hard for me too and I ended up changing my goal because of similar struggles. Take some time to think about all you have accomplished and be proud of yourself! Someone posted on another thread how they write the # pounds left to lose on their wrist. I did tried this and every time I faced a temptation, looking at that number helped me. You are almost there!!! Good luck!
Love the idea of writing that number on the wrist. 15 more to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
While it is not something I've seen often reccomended around these parts I personally am a large proponent of taking diet breaks occasionally. How often is really up to the individual but in some individuals it can be very helpful to take a couple weeks off, practice maintaining, and then resume dieting.

This is helpful for both physical and mental reasons. Just something to think about.
I am going to email my coach and ask to change things up.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote