Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Chicken Breast

I know there are tons of recipes here but I'm having trouble figuring out how to find what I'm looking for. I've tried searching but the files are too large for me to read through tonight! I'm sick of dry, grilled chicken breast. Any ideas for new and creative ways to fix it? I'm on phase 3 but will need ideas for the rest of my life!
LoriKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I love making buffalo chicken! Cut the breasts into chunks, season and fry in a pan. Once they are browned, add in some Franks buffalo sauce and cook for another minute to thicken.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I season the heck out of everything. Curry powder, garlic, lemon zest, fajita seasonings.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #4  

Where in the grocery store with I find Frank's buffalo sauce? Is it with the BBQ sauce? Health food? Sounds like something my family and I can all eat!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #5  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
Where in the grocery store with I find Frank's buffalo sauce? Is it with the BBQ sauce? Health food? Sounds like something my family and I can all eat!
Lori, Franks Red Hot is a hot sauce that is the foundation for Frank's wing sauce. I haven't seen a dedicated wing sauce by Franks but it may be found regionally. hot sauce is a great spice for chicken. Franks is good, Louisiana hot sauce is good, and lots of sauces that you can find in the sauce section. usually those type sauces are found near the ketchup, BBQ, mustard sections. i mix WF BBQ sauce with mustard as a dipping sauce for chicken. Also do some stir fry for chicken with tamari soy sauce, red pepper flakes, a little olive oil, some brewed chai tea (trust me, it's awesome and keeps everything moist), black pepper, onion powder, minced garlic, a touch of cumin, ground ginger, a couple of stevia packets. Use Bok Choi, Zuchinni, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, and any other veggie you like, and it's awesome!!!!! The chai tea is something I stole from a company that makes a stir fry asian sauce using chai tea as the base. One of my favorites!
I blog about and collect hot sauce and spicy food, so anytime hot sauce is mentioned, I perk up!!! LOL
Good luck!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

If you have a crock pot try the buffalo chicken in that, too! I love it over salad. Mmmmm.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Default Chicken Breast Ideas

Lori-
I am also obsessed with new ways to make chicken breasts. I post all of my recipes online: unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com.

Chicken ideas are: chicken adobo, cinnamon chicken, greek lemon chicken breasts and more.

I usually post at least one a week and it's chicken more than it's not.

Hope this helps!
Debra
Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I usually prepare 2lbs of chicken breast at one time, and then season them through the week. I cook the chicken in a skillet with about 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4-1/2 cup water, a couple of bay leaves and chopped garlic cloves. It poaches them a bit so they stay moist. Then I use the portions through the week:

- Asian chicken over cucumber noodles (chop and heat up the chicken, toss with Walden Farms Asian or Sesame Ginger dressing). I also make my own teriyaki sauce using WF pancake syrup, Bragg's Aminos, garlic and ginger powder and will sometimes do stir fry veggies over cauliflower rice.

- BBQ chicken (Heat up chicken, toss in WF BBQ sauce, I like the Thick & Spicy best!)

- Shred 2 oz of chicken and mix with the IP Chili, then bake in a bell pepper shell for stuffed chili pepper

You can also use it over salad, or in fat free broth for soup. It's worked well for me because I cook once, and then have the chicken all week long!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #9  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

My favorite is chicken fried "rice". I make cauliflower "rice" by pulsing in a food processor. Then nuke it for a little to soften.

Fry a scrambled egg. Remove from pan. Then, stir fry mushrooms, celery, green onions (or whatever veggies you want) until cooked . Add the cooked chicken, "rice" and chopped egg. Add some soy sauce and a little splenda for sweetness if you like.
cbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #10  

I started quoting everyone to thank them, then realized I could just say thanks!! I found the hot sauce but then got nervous because I'm not a big fan of anything too hot! Maybe if I try mixing it with WF bbq sauce I could do it.

Ken - I like stir fry and chai tea so I'm trying that one for sure!!!

Debra - I was on your site and will try some of your ideas, thanks!!

Scorbett - Can I just say I love you? Thanks for all the ideas.

Everyone else - Thanks!! I'll be saving these ideas!!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5 5"

Quote:
Oh man I love this stuff!!!! It's right next to the Franks Red Hot in the hot sauce isle. When I found out we could have this, I was so happy!!!!
Jenifer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #12  
Started IP 6/22/12

Quote:
I started quoting everyone to thank them, then realized I could just say thanks!! I found the hot sauce but then got nervous because I'm not a big fan of anything too hot! Maybe if I try mixing it with WF bbq sauce I could do it.

Ken - I like stir fry and chai tea so I'm trying that one for sure!!!

Debra - I was on your site and will try some of your ideas, thanks!!

Scorbett - Can I just say I love you? Thanks for all the ideas.

Everyone else - Thanks!! I'll be saving these ideas!!
The hot sauce really is great and not too hot in my opinion (I can't handle very hot). I dip mine in WF ranch or bleu cheese. I don't typically like WF dressings on their own but the hot sauce covers up the funky chemical taste that I often notice. It also helps if you add some hot sauce and then taste it before adding more so you can get the level of spice (or lack of spice) that you want! I sometimes will spray I can't believe it's not butter on it too to help with the heat if it's too much-- just a few sprays.
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #13  
Started IP 6/22/12

I often will make chicken with taco or fajita seasoning or with an indian spice mix on it. The indian and buffalo are 2 of my favorite go-to quick dishes. Sometimes I'll do some random seasonings that sound good together to try something new-- sometimes it works and other times not so much. But experimenting is key to figure out what you like and to keep things interesting! Have fun with it!

Last edited by nolegirl150; 11-28-2012 at 12:18 PM.
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #14  

Height: 6'0"

Default Chicken Suqaar - IP Style

-Couple chicken breasts chopped in small chuncks
-1 medium green pepper (or any colour you like) sliced into thin strips
-1 small onion halfed and sliced so you end up with curved strips (does that makes sense?)
-1 small turnip or rutabaga
-1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
-1 tsp corriander (or to taste)
-clove garlic chopped
-1 tsp cilantro (if you like)
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 chicken boullion cube (or more if you'e making a larger dish)
-1/8 to 1/4 cup water depending on how much chicken you are making

Saute garlic with turnip or rutabaga in EVOO until half done, add chicken pieces and spices until chicken is half cooked, add chicken boullion (dissolved in water) to pan and cook until turnip or rutabaga and chicken is 90% done. Add green pepper and ontion and saute for a few minutes (you want the onion and peppers to only be partially cooked). Serve over cauliflower rice. Delicious. My honey is Somali and this is one of my favorite dishes (minus the potato and real rice!) I have this at least a couple times a week and makes a great leftover lunch.
missa1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #15  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Mmmm, saving for future reference - thanks!
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote