3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Reached Goal 12/7/12 YAY (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271219-reached-goal-12-7-12-yay.html)

eandc2006 12-08-2012 01:18 PM

Reached Goal 12/7/12 YAY

So it's official...I have reached goal! I started 10/05 and have lost a total of 27lbs since and I could not be happier about the accomplishment. I started phase 3 yesterday and love the bigger bfasts. Wonderful. Still I cannot believe that I am at a weight I was when I was 20 years old, 7 years ago. Wow...never thought I could do it or that it was possible to get there again. Experiencing a bit of disbelief...

Anyways, looking forward to joining all you maintainers and co timing to stay active on the boards. They have been so helpful in my my journey....and the journey continues.

bargoo 12-08-2012 01:23 PM

Congratulations !

Shedit 12-08-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eandc2006 (Post 4551303)
So it's official...I have reached goal! I started 10/05 and have lost a total of 27lbs since and I could not be happier about the accomplishment. I started phase 3 yesterday and love the bigger bfasts. Wonderful. Still I cannot believe that I am at a weight I was when I was 20 years old, 7 years ago. Wow...never thought I could do it or that it was possible to get there again. Experiencing a bit of disbelief...

Anyways, looking forward to joining all you maintainers and co timing to stay active on the boards. They have been so helpful in my my journey....and the journey continues.

That is so wonderful and also inspiring. Congratulations!:carrot:

fitgirl2012 12-08-2012 01:38 PM

Congratulations!!!

maezy1 12-08-2012 01:40 PM

CONGRATS!! just think of the Christmas shopping that you can do!!!

MonicaKolesnik 12-08-2012 05:13 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Bet you feel great :)

Bella73123 12-08-2012 09:37 PM

So awesome! Congratulations!

bubbleblower 12-09-2012 07:31 AM

Congrats! That's terrific!!

I'm at day #4 so I'm pretty much where you were two months ago. I will be absolutely thrilled if I can be where you are two months from now! I haven't been my goal weight for about 15 years now, and this is the first time it really even seems like a possibility in a long time.

mightbe 12-09-2012 12:30 PM

Congrats, what a great Christmas gift to yourself!! :D

libertybelle 12-09-2012 01:27 PM

Great Job!!! Think of your holiday pics this year!

sonyainva 12-09-2012 07:17 PM

That is awesome! Congrats

eandc2006 12-10-2012 12:15 PM

Thank you for all your support. It is an amazing accomplishment to set out to change a behavior and actually do it. I cannot lie, there were days, many of them, where I was thinking about giving up and throwing in the towel. However, I stuck in out-largely because of this forum-. It was great to know that I was not the only person going through **** some days and to read others posts about achieving their goals made it worth sticking to.

I will say that since I am at goal a couple of weird reactions have occured. The first is that I am not celebrating achieving goal with food. Again, I can't lie and say that during phase 1 I wasn't planning on having a "nice" meal to celebrate when I got to goal weight. In fact, I was and was somedays downright fantasizing. Futhermore, in life all things seem to be done with food, and an excess of it at that, so it's surprising to see that I am reacting differently and know that this is not a fad diet but a serious lifestyle change. Secondly, I have literally stood on the scale for several minutes at a time. Get off, get on, get off, get on. It's like I can't beleive that I am where I am at. I also do this with the mirror. My husband thinks I am nuts but seriously, I think I look the same as if weigh 30lbs more. Strange.

Its a lot to take in because I thought for many years that I could never weight what I did when I felt my best. I thought, its only possible to loose 15lbs because thats where I plateaued with WW, exercise, etc. i have an adult body and I will never weigh what I did when I was 20.

IP changed that, and changed that FAST. In two months, I have been able to get where I am and it feels great but it will take some adjusting and some time to get used to.