IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/4/2012

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • welcome3:
    Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Copied from yesterday:
    Quote: To all you gals out there that have been IP'ing for a whle. I have been very strict in following the program. Tonight while I was at work I noticed that I was no longer in ketosis. Why does that happen? I do not eat anything with sugar in it nor do I stray from the list of approved veges. I have only had a 1-2 lb loss every week. Any suggestions?
    How did you "notice" you were no longer in Ketosis? If you are following protocol 100%, you are in Ketosis. Ketostox are highly unreliable.

Take "only" out of your weight loss sentence. I think it is time to figure your % lost weekly and celebrate!

You joined in Nov. You have lost 19 lbs!!!!!

IP is removing the 3-5 lb/weekly average claims from their materials. The only place you'll see that is at clinics that don't stay up-to-date.
  • Good morning, all!

As the first topic is ketosis, any recommendations for the smell? I have noticed some days are worse than others. I was in meetings yesterday and could not help but wonder, "are they smelling me on this particularly bad day, because I sure am! "

I weigh in today... know I am bloated from stomach issues but not worried because regardless of what the scale says, I can feel the progress this week!

I sure hope y'all have a wonderful day!

My mantra for today is, "it just takes one more step, and one more smile, in the right direction, to do this thing. "

Take great care of yourselves today!
  • Quote: Good morning, all!

As the first topic is ketosis, any recommendations for the smell? I have noticed some days are worse than others. I was in meetings yesterday and could not help but wonder, "are they smelling me on this particularly bad day, because I sure am! "

I weigh in today... know I am bloated from stomach issues but not worried because regardless of what the scale says, I can feel the progress this week!

My mantra for today is, "it just takes one more step, and one more smile, in the right direction, to do this thing. "

Lotsa water & even more water and your body will adjust to it given time. I don't get the dry mouth anymore. It took a couple of months for things to settle (sleep patterns, hormones, general weirdness)
  • Quote: Good morning, all!

I found a product that might help with smell. Body Mint. Have not taken any my coach is checking it out for inclusion or not. So, I have no idea if it could help but I bought some to try if she approves it.
  • good morning ladies

yaebelle good luck on the weigh in

lisa is right, you are in ketosis, the sticks turn a different color based on water intake

i have been weighing myself daily since last wednesday because the scale did not move, after 13 days it moved, from 131.6 to 131. I did introduce strength into my routine, i was doing cardio here and there but strength has always made me go up in weight in the past

going to go back to weighing weekly from thursday

stay op, it works
  • Morning everyone!!

I've been up since 4am, I fell on the ice Sunday (after hitting the ditch) and my shoulder is just not happy!! AND my chiro & massage therapist are on holidays....aahhhh. Hope the increase in pain killers is okay, Guess I should check if the gel caps have sugar in them...hmm.

I still get a few things from my coach, but the information from the clinic is quite obviously not the greatest. So, I wanted to get your thoughts here. I have 15lbs (give or take) to go, I have not been exercising at all (which, I am quite happy about). But at this point, should I be introducing activity?

I was thinking walking or yoga/pilates at a light pace. But, if the concensus is no, then I am content to spend my evenings in the hot tub as well. Oh, I guess maybe swimming?

Thoughts? Thanks, have an OP day
  • Quote: good morning ladies

yaebelle good luck on the weigh in

lisa is right, you are in ketosis, the sticks turn a different color based on water intake

i have been weighing myself daily since last wednesday because the scale did not move, after 13 days it moved, from 131.6 to 131. I did introduce strength into my routine, i was doing cardio here and there but strength has always made me go up in weight in the past

going to go back to weighing weekly from thursday

stay op, it works
    If you added strength training, you might want to check to see what your %body fat did. Your lean muscle mass probably went up, while you lost fat, so the scale didnt show much of a loss.

Quote: Morning everyone!!

I've been up since 4am, I fell on the ice Sunday (after hitting the ditch) and my shoulder is just not happy!! AND my chiro & massage therapist are on holidays....aahhhh. Hope the increase in pain killers is okay, Guess I should check if the gel caps have sugar in them...hmm.

I still get a few things from my coach, but the information from the clinic is quite obviously not the greatest. So, I wanted to get your thoughts here. I have 15lbs (give or take) to go, I have not been exercising at all (which, I am quite happy about). But at this point, should I be introducing activity?

I was thinking walking or yoga/pilates at a light pace. But, if the concensus is no, then I am content to spend my evenings in the hot tub as well. Oh, I guess maybe swimming?

Thoughts? Thanks, have an OP day
    Light excercise should be ok, but you should have a packet within 30 minutes of that. It might still affect the losses though.
  • Scale went down 1 lb today and I am counting -2 lbs for the cast that I have on half of my leg! It may weigh more but I'd rather go conservative than liberal with the lbs. I will make the 10 by Christmas! I'm over half way there! Very happy with me. My DH and I were discussing maintenance this morning (he wanted to know if I am eating like this for the rest of my life. He asked in a positive way, he likes eating more veggies) I explained to him how I will phase off eventually and eat a few more carbs. he said "oh you can eat whatever you want" I told him technically yes but that mentality got me where I am today so I have to look at it differently and need his help with that. HE was so on board it was wonderful! I know, I know, I have a logn way before I get to maintenance but knowing he is there to support me just means the WORLD to me!
  • Threads, threads and more threads
    Good Morning Everyone! YAY to everyone for the losses and NSV's!

I'm relatively new here and finding the amount of different threads here a little overwhelming. I've really only been looking at the daily thread, alternatives thread, and what you are eating thread.

Are there any good ones out there that I'm missing?
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone! YAY to everyone for the losses and NSV's!

I'm relatively new here and finding the amount of different threads here a little overwhelming. I've really only been looking at the daily thread, alternatives thread, and what you are eating thread.

Are there any good ones out there that I'm missing?
    Home of the 100% (no talk of cheating on this one) and rainbows recipe thread.
  • ragdoll you are right fat went down and muscle was higher than the day i started

i am feeling a little lost, need to take pictures so i can see progress, since i am so close to goal

i used to go by my pant size to know i lost, at a size 2 i am now losing in my abs and boobs and i am not the most observant person in the mirror. i hardly ever look at myself in the mirror

so i cannot see if i am losing, i dont care about the number on the scale, but i do want to make sure i am making progress

thanks for your support

maezy congrats on the loss!!!

Iamescaping I too have 16 pounds to go, you must listen to your own body and figure this out. do you build more muscle? how does your body react? how much have you been losing every week without working out?
  • Can't believe it's December!
    Been on Ideal Protein since End of June have lost 70lbs! So blessed to have a highly Successful IP Coach that keeps me inspired and helps be visualize my goal is within reach!
    22lbs more to go !
    I am so happy that I took her advice and put myself on my to do list!
    This was a rough 2012 for our family both husband and I had injuries and illnesses and both were off work husband went from hospital to rehab to a hospital bed in family room with intensive PT,and back to work.
    We took the opportunity to take an inventory of our life and made life changes. While going thru all the turmoil we started IP.DH reached his Goal of 30lbs and his medications for his Diabetes were decreased and all his Labs Stable WNL.
    I have lost 70 lbs have 22 lbs left to go despite my working night shift.
    Now instead of 2 hospital beds in our house there is only one for my mom who lives with us I am her care .
    Oh we had our teenage daughter get in her first car accident(major) and they were totaling the car until an Angel from the insurance company intervened on our be have.
    DD was also in PT the whole summer for Shoulder injuries related to sports.
    I am very grateful this year is almost over and ending on a positive note.
    We are blessed to have 3 dogs that have given us the motivation to walk whether we wanted to or not.
    Our Golden has completed her advance training and is working toward being a Therapy Dog. Our Airedale puppy is now in Advanced training I am not sure if I will show him or compete in obedience have not quite decided.
    We all have challenges in our lives it how we choose to handle them.
    Life is about learning to juggle and make adjustments when are plans collide with real life.
    I realize I am blessed to have the blessed assurance that all things work for the Glory of God.
    I Thankful to have made it thru this year and am grateful for everything that has occurred. I know had not happened I would not have started on IP.
    My point is none of us live a charmed life ,we get to make choices that can positively or negatively impact our life...I choose positive.
    I am grateful I found this forum I lurked for a long time. I am impressed with the diversity of opinions and the people who are here.
    Here's wishing everyone the success they are striving for.
    Roo2
  • WI results last night : 6.2 loss! Woot woot!! Still sick in bed though, no appetite! I made stewed rhubarb with porridge packet on top at least that felt like comfort food!! DH taking over the house which is awesome and amazing!! Does anyone know the name of Dr Tran's book so I can download into my kobo?
  • Quote: Scale went down 1 lb today and I am counting -2 lbs for the cast that I have on half of my leg! It may weigh more but I'd rather go conservative than liberal with the lbs. I will make the 10 by Christmas! I'm over half way there! Very happy with me. My DH and I were discussing maintenance this morning (he wanted to know if I am eating like this for the rest of my life. He asked in a positive way, he likes eating more veggies) I explained to him how I will phase off eventually and eat a few more carbs. he said "oh you can eat whatever you want" I told him technically yes but that mentality got me where I am today so I have to look at it differently and need his help with that. HE was so on board it was wonderful! I know, I know, I have a logn way before I get to maintenance but knowing he is there to support me just means the WORLD to me!
    Awesome, Maezy. Congrats on your weigh-in and making your goal. Also, congrats on having a supportive husband. Mine is, too, and I'm so grateful.

Quote: Can't believe it's December!
    Been on Ideal Protein since End of June have lost 70lbs! So blessed to have a highly Successful IP Coach that keeps me inspired and helps be visualize my goal is within reach!
    22lbs more to go !
    I am so happy that I took her advice and put myself on my to do list!
    This was a rough 2012 for our family both husband and I had injuries and illnesses and both were off work husband went from hospital to rehab to a hospital bed in family room with intensive PT,and back to work.
    We took the opportunity to take an inventory of our life and made life changes. While going thru all the turmoil we started IP.DH reached his Goal of 30lbs and his medications for his Diabetes were decreased and all his Labs Stable WNL.
    I have lost 70 lbs have 22 lbs left to go despite my working night shift.
    Now instead of 2 hospital beds in our house there is only one for my mom who lives with us I am her care .
    Oh we had our teenage daughter get in her first car accident(major) and they were totaling the car until an Angel from the insurance company intervened on our be have.
    DD was also in PT the whole summer for Shoulder injuries related to sports.
    I am very grateful this year is almost over and ending on a positive note.
    We are blessed to have 3 dogs that have given us the motivation to walk whether we wanted to or not.
    Our Golden has completed her advance training and is working toward being a Therapy Dog. Our Airedale puppy is now in Advanced training I am not sure if I will show him or compete in obedience have not quite decided.
    We all have challenges in our lives it how we choose to handle them.
    Life is about learning to juggle and make adjustments when are plans collide with real life.
    I realize I am blessed to have the blessed assurance that all things work for the Glory of God.
    I Thankful to have made it thru this year and am grateful for everything that has occurred. I know had not happened I would not have started on IP.
    My point is none of us live a charmed life ,we get to make choices that can positively or negatively impact our life...I choose positive.
    I am grateful I found this forum I lurked for a long time. I am impressed with the diversity of opinions and the people who are here.
    Here's wishing everyone the success they are striving for.
    Roo2
    Wow! Your weight loss is amazing. That is such an amazing thing to do -- to stick to a diet when things are tough. I often use a bad spell as an excuse to eat, and it's never good. Congratulations on having a successful year and a positive attitude.

Quote: WI results last night : 6.2 loss! Woot woot!! Still sick in bed though, no appetite! I made stewed rhubarb with porridge packet on top at least that felt like comfort food!! DH taking over the house which is awesome and amazing!! Does anyone know the name of Dr Tran's book so I can download into my kobo?
    MomPattie: 6.2 pounds??? Seriously? That is amazing!!!

I'm just starting my 2nd week on IP. I like low-carb diets because I have a sugar addiction. Yesterday, I finally felt comfortable with the food allowed; and wasn't hungry most of the day.

I do wonder if I'm in ketosis, though. I don't have that taste in my mouth. I know the splenda packets have a couple of carbs each, so I'll be careful about those. I am down 3 pounds in one week which is amazing for me.

Also, can't believe how wonderful this site is. The recipes alone make me happy!