Big screw up?

• I feel like I really messed up... please tell me I haven't as bad as I think! I had a bar this morning for breakfast. This is not normal - I usually have the omelet but I was running late.

Halfway through my oatmeal for lunch I went to log it in my journal and that's when it hit me that these were both restricted items.

Total screw-up? I feel like I cheated...
  • I don't think it's that big of a deal. You might want to just select a lower carb packet for your third one (like the pudding). Also, don't do it on a regular basis.
  • Don't worry about it! I wouldn't have your last unrestricted packet for the day but you are fine. I wouldn't consider it a cheat. Just get back tomorrow to the 2 unrestricted and one restricted. You could even do 3 unrestricted and no restricted tomorrow but really only doing it once shouldn't make you gain 6 lbs back!
  • You are fine....
  • It won't be the end of the world. Just finish the day and the week as normal.

These things happen (can't change it now) and it won't shut down you weight loss.

Best wishes!
  • Not a big screw up at all. Maybe if you did this everyday.... but I wouldn't worry about it. I think I did the same thing my first week on IP. Don't beat yourself up. Just move on.
  • An honest mistake. Don't worry. Use an unrestricted packet for your third one of the day, and get back on plan 100% tomorrow. Consider it part of your learning curve.
  • Thanks guys

No choco soy balls for bedtime snack LOL
  • All told it only means a couple of extra carbs.
    Several times people have posted that their coach hadn't explained cleary about one restricted a day when they started and some went weeks eating two restricteds everyday. They still did fine. You will too.

Personally I never eat a bar for breakfast because then I wouldn't have a treat to look foward to later in the day.
  • Is that all? Your fine, now I had a screw up yesterday, made my guys some chex mix and ending up eating about 1/4 c of mixed nuts, so my fat was up for the day, not good. But today is a new day and I'm just thankful it wasn't sugar or flour than I would really be upset. So just dust yourself off and drink some more water and on we go!