Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #31  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

You are one clever chick! Thanks so much for sharing your survival tote! Love this idea!
thecircleguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Hi!! This is a great idea!! Thinking of making something similar (but smaller) for my desk at work, and one for traveling. Can you tell me what's on the sheets that are tucked in a lilttle pocket? I'm really curious.

Thanks!!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #33  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hi!! This is a great idea!! Thinking of making something similar (but smaller) for my desk at work, and one for traveling. Can you tell me what's on the sheets that are tucked in a lilttle pocket? I'm really curious.

Thanks!!
the paper was my menu for the trip, i planned ahead so i could stay on track. the little strips were typed out specifics that i gave the waiter...i researched each restaurant that we had planned to eat at online, then took a menu choice and made it IP compliant and typed it out on my main menu, then made a copy and cut out strips to give...so that the waitress or waiter could have it. they were all very happy to get it! saved then from writing down all my specifics and my orders always came exactly as i requested!

i have to say, we stopped at a lot of restaurants along our trip, and 2 different bob evans restaurants, and Bob Evans restaurant was the absolute best!!! they substituted with no issues at all!!!! i even had one waitress asked me what ideal protein was! i was able to get hot water for my own tea bags, and for my own chicken noodle soup too.

when we took our trip to england, i did the same thing, and had a great response. even on the plane, i was able to request a special meal based on my own needs and they were so very accommodating.

i think when you are just honest with folks, make your needs known, most are happy to help.

i generally started out by saying to the person waiting on me, i have a special medical condition that i hope will be no issue as i am on a medically supervised intake. then i would say, i would like to order your "menu item" (whatever it was) but with some specific dietary modifications listed here, and give them the slip. most of the people were like, hey thats cool, thanks for taking the time to do this so i can give the right to the chef.

hope that helps
love from the rainbow!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
some newbies asked about my IP Travel Survival Kit Bag.... so I thought I'd re-post and share again...and maybe diva will share hers too, and any others who have made one!!

nice....with handles...easy to carry my supplies...

vitamins....sf syrups....vinegar and oil in a tiny spray bottle...stevia drops...my key lime flavoring....lemon and lime water flavors....its all about the flavors!!! and of course my burts bees chapstick....cause i never leave home without one!! haha

i bought one of the travel bags from the cosmetic center....and used the "shampoo bottles, etc" for my SF syrups and salad dressings!!

tucked away inside the main compartment...my IP packets, jay robb protein powders in single serve baggies...coffee...nothing but folgers....so i take my own coffee! hahah....my menus and all the things i have planned including my little request strips!! all together in an easy to carry tote!!
OMG Rainbow thanks soooo much for sharing! I love your posts and ideas! You are awesome!!!! I cant wait to make one of these!
~Sara
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Rainbow, you are amazing!! Will you be my private chef and organizer? I'll pay you
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #36  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
OMG Rainbow thanks soooo much for sharing! I love your posts and ideas! You are awesome!!!! I cant wait to make one of these!
~Sara
aww thank you!! have fun making yours. mine evolves with every trip!! i love mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
Rainbow, you are amazing!! Will you be my private chef and organizer? I'll pay you
wouldn't that be amazing to do!! do you proved a place to stay?? and room for hubby?

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-21-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #37  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Going out of town for the weekend and I made one of these thanks to your tips!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #38  
April

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'5

Hello! I'm looking into doing the Ideal Protein weigh loss program. The closest doctor/coach is about 45 min away and just want to know if it is worth the drive and from what I understand the cost. I'm almost 29 year old, weigh 240lbs, 5'5 and have PCOS. I have had one period in 5 years and at this point I need to make a life change and I think this might be it. Please email me at [email protected] if you can give me some advise. Thanks so much in advance!!!

April

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
some newbies asked about my IP Travel Survival Kit Bag.... so I thought I'd re-post and share again...and maybe diva will share hers too, and any others who have made one!!

nice....with handles...easy to carry my supplies...

vitamins....sf syrups....vinegar and oil in a tiny spray bottle...stevia drops...my key lime flavoring....lemon and lime water flavors....its all about the flavors!!! and of course my burts bees chapstick....cause i never leave home without one!! haha

i bought one of the travel bags from the cosmetic center....and used the "shampoo bottles, etc" for my SF syrups and salad dressings!!

tucked away inside the main compartment...my IP packets, jay robb protein powders in single serve baggies...coffee...nothing but folgers....so i take my own coffee! hahah....my menus and all the things i have planned including my little request strips!! all together in an easy to carry tote!!
curleq84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Try looking on ebay for Vera Bradley bags that rainbowsmiles shows in her travel kit. They have lots and lots in different sizes and patterns and there is sure to be one that fits your particular needs for a kit.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #40  
IP start: Aug 20, 2013

S/C/G: 238/202/160

Height: 5'5

I am one of the newbies and really appreciate the ideas. I just received my WF package last night and excited to try them all. Up til now I could only find a few dressings in stores. I didn't even start researching the syrups yet. Thanks for the post and pics!!
Kalii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #41  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I am on my trip! Survival Bag is wonderful. just wish I would have brought a few more packages of soup!

Next time I will know.

Thanks Rainbow for the idea.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by curleq84 View Post
Hello! I'm looking into doing the Ideal Protein weigh loss program. The closest doctor/coach is about 45 min away and just want to know if it is worth the drive and from what I understand the cost. I'm almost 29 year old, weigh 240lbs, 5'5 and have PCOS. I have had one period in 5 years and at this point I need to make a life change and I think this might be it. Please email me at [email protected] if you can give me some advise. Thanks so much in advance!!!

April
Hi April

My daughter was also diagnosed with PCOS, was told it was a mild case, but she gained weight and couldn't lose it no matter what she did....I started IP and she saw my results and wanted to try it, at that point I was using alternatives because of cost, so we started her with alts. also. She is down 60 lbs. from her highest weight, is no longer on any of her PCOS meds. per her Dr. she is doing amazing. She feels so much better, she is 23 years old, 5'2" and at her highest point was 220....she feels so much better now! I will email this to you also in case you don't see this one. I would highly recommend IP, as long as you follow the plan you will lose it's a big commitment tho as it is pretty restrictive, but the reward is better health and feeling amazing! Good thoughts sent to you

Diana
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #43  
Started IP 9/6/13

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'10"

This is so fantastic. I will be traveling for work for two straight weeks with a winery trip in between. I am curious about all of your syrups. What do you use them for? I am only one week one but I have not had a need for those yet.

My biggest concern is lunch on the go. I worry about getting my veggies!
Fabulousdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #44  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousdana View Post
This is so fantastic. I will be traveling for work for two straight weeks with a winery trip in between. I am curious about all of your syrups. What do you use them for? I am only one week one but I have not had a need for those yet.

My biggest concern is lunch on the go. I worry about getting my veggies!
i love flavored coffee!! since we are limited to such little milk, i now drink my coffee flavored with the sugar free syrups. i also use them in milkshakes....ip vanilla drink mix can become any flavor i want!! lime, coconut, raspberry, watermelon, etc....
salted caramel coffee....is so good!!

salted caramel tea is amazing!! i use the syrups a lot in green tea!!! or to enhance any tea!

i also use raspberry in salad dressing for a raspberry vinaigrette. i also use syrups to enhance gelatin. plain gelatin, plus some syrup and you have "free" gelatin!

if you like kale chips, they keep very well for days. i made some up for one of my trips, and they stayed fresh and very crisp even on day 5.

i also made cauliflower hummus, put it in a 8 ounce canning jar and added some celery sticks, topped with the lid and kept this in the hotel fridge.

my all time favorite is the orange ginger soup!! i take it in a canning jar, stores in the fridge, easy to carry in purse, and heats in a microwave and can eat right out of the jar!!

veggie skewers also work well on the go. just skewer cherry tomatoes, chunks of cucumber, celery, and red onion, and drizzle with homemade greek dressing, then store in an airtight container. these keep pretty well all day unrefrigerated.

hope that helps a little!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #45  
Started IP 9/6/13

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'10"

Thank you! I will have to get some sugar free syrups! Yum!
Fabulousdana is offline   Reply With Quote