IP Daily Chat Monday 12/3/2012

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
    the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
    have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
  • Good morning, beautiful people!
    It is time to make a Great Monday and I know each of us can do it.
    My mantra today when anything crosses my path that might tempt me, irritate me, hurt my feelings: I am stronger than THAT!
    Let's go do this thing!
  • Nice mantra Yaelbelle.

Another 1 lb loss again, thinking this is a pattern developing. 3 lbs, 1 lb, 1 lb, 2 lbs, 3 lbs...The 1 lb loss doesnt bother me at all because my lean muscle mass went up, so that means I still have less fat to lose.

I had a really busy 3 days and was constantly active. Started with painting my home office on Friday and was on the go the rest of the weekend. The only time I got to sit still all weekend was at my daughters state finals competition for Poms. They did win first place!

Hoping everyone had a fantastic weekend and has a great OP day!
  • Very positive start to Monday, yaelbelle!
    Great losses, ragdoll74! Congrats to your DD in poems!

My weigh in isn't till tomorrow. I am confident it was a good week. NSV with parties anyway.

Today for me is to shovel lots of snow. It snowed all night and will continue for part of the day. Have a GREAT day!
  • That was poms and auto correct! Lol! Grrrrr!
  • Happy Monday!!!

Got a busy morning ahead so just popping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great start to the week! I'll check in later when I'm at work!
  • Woke up feeling like I lost inches in my sleep! Finding my brain is a little slow to keep up with the changes in my body. Hoping for a great WI today! Happy Monday Everyone! Wishing the Skinny Fairy visited everyone last night
  • Good Monday Mornin from Baton Rouge. Our winter temp today? a brisk 75degrees. We need a cool front! this is NOT winter weather! Oh well, onto the week. the scale is showing a downward trend even though I cannot get an accurate pic with this cast on. Has anyone had this experience and approx how much does this stupid cast weigh? Im going to google!!! My spirits are good even though lag is a pain in the you know where!
  • Good morning!! These dreams I have on IP are outta control. Mostly because I dream of eating bad things, and in my dream I get so mad at myself. Last night I was dreaming I was eating baked potatoes and peach pie. At least I can "taste"in my dreams...so it really was like eating them! But wow, the disappointment in myself after sabotaging myself in my diet!
  • Quote: Very positive start to Monday, yaelbelle!
    Great losses, ragdoll74! Congrats to your DD in poems!

My weigh in isn't till tomorrow. I am confident it was a good week. NSV with parties anyway.

Today for me is to shovel lots of snow. It snowed all night and will continue for part of the day. Have a GREAT day!
    Thank you!
    I'm jealous you have snow. It is in the 60's here and it is supposed to be the start of ski season. Guess we have to wait a few more weeks for skiiing. I shouldn't be too upset, no snow means I have a couple weekends to do "nothing" instead of taking my daughter to her ski team practices.

Quote: Good morning!! These dreams I have on IP are outta control. Mostly because I dream of eating bad things, and in my dream I get so mad at myself. Last night I was dreaming I was eating baked potatoes and peach pie. At least I can "taste"in my dreams...so it really was like eating them! But wow, the disappointment in myself after sabotaging myself in my diet!
    I have those dreams too, but now I look forward to them. Cheating without the actual cheat. I think it helps me stay 100% OP.
  • Quote: Good morning!! These dreams I have on IP are outta control. Mostly because I dream of eating bad things, and in my dream I get so mad at myself. Last night I was dreaming I was eating baked potatoes and peach pie. At least I can "taste"in my dreams...so it really was like eating them! But wow, the disappointment in myself after sabotaging myself in my diet!
    I've done the same thing and it's amazing how "real" they are. I've woken up so angry with myself and then such relief when I finally realize it was only a dream!
  • Quote: Happy Monday!!!

Got a busy morning ahead so just popping in to say hi, hope everyone has a great start to the week! I'll check in later when I'm at work!
    Love this. Maybe we'll work together tonight, although I don't know if I am up to Bourne madness today.
  • IP food dreams are horrible when you first start but they do go away....lol...Mazey, I agree we do need a cool front to come through. Dec and we are still in shorts, not that I am complaining at all.....lol...its a great Monday so far, lets bring it on!!
  • Good Morning Everyone,

I finally got up the nerve to put up a picture. I thought it might help me to better connect with people. I know that I remember the people on here more with their pictures up.

Ninja, I think you asked in another thread about being sick. I was really sick last week and couldn't really eat all the veggies etc. My plan was for those 3 days just to stay low carb and try to eat on plan. But, the vegetables were really impossible and I wanted soup and did not have a "brothy" IP one. So, I did have a bowl of chicken broth. I DID drink all my water as I read that helps you get rid of a cold faster.
  • A big shoutout to...myself!!!
    I'm so happy w/ myself. Yesterday I did my 14 week weigh-in. I've lost 63 lbs and 30 in. I'm also at my half way point.