Old 01-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Experienced #3

Just thought I'd open this up since we were over 500 posts on the last one.

Oh, and I've decided the one thing that kept me accountable last time, besides being over 200 pounds and tired of it, was tracking. Plain, simple, notebook style tracking. So, I am back at it today at least until I get a handle on things. I can finish this thing I've started. I just have to get serious.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #2  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning skinny ladies! I am happy to report that my head is FINALLY 100% back in the game. Something just clicked....no more wishy-washy days. I want to finish strong and by golly, the only one who can make that happen is me! I have just over 12 weeks to complete the last of my journey, 14 weeks till the beginning of Jazz Fest and 16 weeks till my son's wedding. Full steam ahead......I even threw away two jars of almond butter. That took so much out of me to be wasteful but I had no takers.

Ever since I changed out the batteries on my digital scale is hasn't worked properly. When I turn it on, I have to wait for it to set itself to ZERO before I step on. Now, it goes to ZERO and if I don't step on it quickly, it begins its 0.5 lb incremental climb...so far it stops at 2.5 lbs. Bottom line, I can't trust it! So I went out last weekend and bought myself a "Mac Daddy" scale that even tells me how many calories I need to consume to maintain that weight (I know worthless information right now). Step on the new scale and I am 4 pounds HEAVIER than my old scale. I did side-by-side comparisions. So unhappy with this information. So I fought back the only way I could at the moment...packaged it back up and returned it to the store. I didn't need such a sophisticated machine anyway. Going to play around with my old scale and maybe a gentle talking to will get it back on track.

Have a good day all.....

Forgot to add....the new MIO Orange Tangerine is yummy!

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #3  

Looks like we've had enough. I was making excuses for everything I was sticking in my mouth. It was horrible.

I really want to give myself 11 weeks to try and get to where I need to be but I started a 20 by 30 challenge with myself that I have to at least drop 20 pounds by April 16th. That I can handle. I really only want to do phase 1 for 5 weeks but I've already wasted so many days it may be a tad longer. We will see what happens now that I'm back in the game.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #4  

Good luck scale shopping! It can be overwhelming!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #5  
aka CAT

Well I have 20 pounds too....After seeing how quickly I gained in Phase 3, I would like to go 5 pounds under my original goal. I have decided not to put pressure on myself. It is what it is. The best thing I can do is stay 100% focused and refuse to stray from the rules for any sort of temptation. I have a couple of events coming up in Feb. where this is going to be a real challenge.....so this is where I will find the stress....not on the daily scale. If my scale is messed up, this might be a good thing!

I want to be in maintenance in 12 weeks. I will most likely stay in P1 for the majoirty of the time. But that would depend on how well my body gives up these last extra pounds. Daily exercise is mandatory. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim at the moment, but its there.

Oh...I go Friday to the doctor for the results of my bloodwork. Curious as to her scale since the last time I saw her...believe I was still in the 200's....and to compare my tests from last March (pre IP)

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-16-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

So this is where everyone went!! I stopped IP in early Oct without phasing out I just started again on Jan 3rd and was a little bummed not many people that were on before were on the daily chat. It looks like a few more people are starting again also. I only gained about 9 lbs back so that is not too bad for not phasing off I guess. I am finding this time around to be MUCH easier. I can't find any dressing that I like (that is ok to have) so it made eating the salad so very hard. I have heard there are a few of people who do not eat it that much and are still losing so after trying this I am so glad it still works!! I will of course eat it if there are any "problems" or stalls. Someone also said that just smelling food works for the craving for them. This is so true for me! This time around is way dif than last. I have been cooking and baking for the family and I even did 2 movies out and pizza this weekend without any problems!!
So glad to find the group that was on here before. (not that newbies are bad or anything) Good luck everyone and have a great day
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Well I have 20 pounds too....After seeing how quickly I gained in Phase 3, I would like to go 5 pounds under my original goal. I have decided not to put pressure on myself. It is what it is. The best thing I can do is stay 100% focused and refuse to stray from the rules for any sort of temptation. I have a couple of events coming up in Feb. where this is going to be a real challenge.....so this is where I will find the stress....not on the daily scale. If my scale is messed up, this might be a good thing!

I want to be in maintenance in 12 weeks. I will most likely stay in P1 for the majoirty of the time. But that would depend on how well my body gives up these last extra pounds. Daily exercise is mandatory. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, albeit dim at the moment, but its there.

Oh...I go Friday to the doctor for the results of my bloodwork. Curious as to her scale since the last time I saw her...believe I was still in the 200's....and to compare my tests from last March (pre IP)
I feel like I need to go 10 under for as much as I gained but I know I can't go that far. I want to hold steady at 135 *I think* so I would like to get to 130ish but that may change as I get closer. I do know I need to get out of these blasted 150s! I've had enough.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/127.5/130

Height: 5'3 3/4"

quick question....but not sure if you ladies know the answer. I successfully completed IP and phased off appropriately before thanksgiving. Now I am back on to lose about 8 more vanity lbs so when I gain back in phase3/4, I'll stay at my goal instead of stopping at goal and gaining 3lbs over. Anyway, when you start back for quick little tune up (I'm thinking 2 weeks on phase 1), how do you phase out? Is it only 1 week of phase 3? any ideas?
Herding Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi
I am also back on phase 1. This is day 15, pretty much op, except for a few additional hb eggs here and there at the start!

I would really like to get down to 140, but my goal right now is 145. I am hoping to be well on my way by valentines day, but I can see losing will be slow this time!

My dh is also on phase 1, which has made a huge difference. I don't want to cheat and lead him astray!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #10  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
quick question....but not sure if you ladies know the answer. I successfully completed IP and phased off appropriately before thanksgiving. Now I am back on to lose about 8 more vanity lbs so when I gain back in phase3/4, I'll stay at my goal instead of stopping at goal and gaining 3lbs over. Anyway, when you start back for quick little tune up (I'm thinking 2 weeks on phase 1), how do you phase out? Is it only 1 week of phase 3? any ideas?
You might want to ask your question in the Maintainers Thread. There is such a thing as a re-boot. But it is my understanding that you need 2 full weeks of Phase 3 to properly awaken your pancreas.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #11  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

It's like you are all reading my mind. This is my first post in SEVERAL months. I phased off in October and have gained back a good chunk of weight. I am trying so hard to get back on track. At this rate I will be on phase 1 for at least 5 weeks. Why is it so difficult this time around?? When I joined this program I did not cheat EVER - now it seems I am always justifying a bite of this or a taste of that. Self sabotage at it's best. I will be back online and reading 3FC for support.
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #12  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well I had a good op day. But kinda stressing with all this snow coming our way. They are saying 6-12 inches... That's wayyy too much for us folks in Seattle!! But I'm stocked up with rtd and bars in the car just in case I get stranded....
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #13  

I had a much better day yesterday and the scale was down to prove it! This has me thinking that maybe I will be fine just going 5 under goal. I didn't just do 1 cheat day in maintenance and I never followed with a phase 1 day like you are supposed to. I had a couple slip ups this weekend and 1 day back on plan 100% and I am going in the right direction. That makes me feel better.

Just crossing my fingers for a couple pounds a week and I will be at goal in no time. Thank goodness it finally clicked again.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have to work in shipping for the day and it's been forever so I hope I remember what to do! It is run run run so I probably won't be able to get back on during the day.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well I had a good op day. But kinda stressing with all this snow coming our way. They are saying 6-12 inches... That's wayyy too much for us folks in Seattle!! But I'm stocked up with rtd and bars in the car just in case I get stranded....
-30C here Jelly! -40C with windchilll...however I did go to college in Vancouver BC so I know that any snow there is C-O-L-D...yes as corny as it sounds, a different kind of cold. But still cold.

Stay warm!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #15  
aka CAT

Good morning all and welcome back Phase 1 restarters! Life is good today. Fully back in ketosis....I was bouncing off the walls at 9PM last night and my little keto stick and the scale confirmed it this morning. Still not back to where I was when I phased out but I'll be there shortly. Full steam ahead.

Rain in the forecast with a high of 78 today! Tomorrow's high.....59. I am so glad we only have a few months of winter. Feb. is usually our worst month but then come March.....everything starts turning green again. I love the South. While the heat may be unbearable come August...I'd much rather be in my shorts/sundress and sandals sporting a nice glowing tan than bundled up and still cold. I'm not knocking anyone.......I'm just not a cold weathered person. Working at home today in my shorts but still have two pairs of socks on my chilled feet!

Stay warm and safe everyone.....Spring and Summer are just around the corner so we call be wearing our cute new (smaller sized) sundresses showing off our nice pedicures.