3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Do I need a food processor? How do you use yours? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270930-do-i-need-food-processor-how-do-you-use-yours.html)

evepet 12-02-2012 09:18 PM

Do I need a food processor? How do you use yours?

I've got a notion that I want a food processor, but haven't had one up to this point in time and am wondering if I'll really use it.

What do you folks regularly use one for?

MonicaKolesnik 12-02-2012 09:36 PM

I use it to make my purees, slice my zucchini for zucchini chips. On the diet that is all I have really done with it.

scorbett1103 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

Veggie purees, mashed cauliflower, riced/grated cauliflower - I use mine ALL the time :)

Lizzy63 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

I'm an old fashioned girl - don't own one. I do have 2 different mandolines and a mechanical chopper thing that I use occasionally. Nothing beats a really good knife IMO.

Fishette 12-02-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4545885)
I'm an old fashioned girl - don't own one. I do have 2 different mandolines and a mechanical chopper thing that I use occasionally. Nothing beats a really good knife IMO.

Roger that - knifes are so much easier to clean!

southern 12-02-2012 09:51 PM

i used mine for cauliflower rice, mash
ive made chicken salad
chopped crisps for when i want to make "fried" foods

Starshine 12-02-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4545891)
Roger that - knifes are so much easier to clean!

Oh, yes, on that one. :) I only use the small Ninja chopper for grinding down the cauliflower for the cauliflower pancakes. I love my really sharp knives. :) I actually enjoy the chopping of veggies.

lisa32989 12-02-2012 10:16 PM

I just got one as a gift. I find it a lot of extra work to clean. I've found few uses so far that my grater or mandolin isn't quicker. Now, mashed cauli will be best in it for sure!
Maybe it'll grow on me. One issue is that I just don't have counter space for every gadget right now.

momof2greatcats 12-02-2012 10:23 PM

I just used mine to rice cauliflower earlier this weekend, to make a paleo stuffed peppers recipe.
Wow - totally easy, and the recipe was yum!
Before that, I've been on IP for almost 6 months and that was the first time I've used it. I just use a knife to slice my zucchini (and I eat a LOT of zucchini, lol).

megscarles 12-02-2012 10:50 PM

I used to use mine all the time, until it broke. I like to use it for soup recipes calling for a lot of vegetables, just because I don't like the crunch and texture of some vegetables. I just ordered a new one from Macy's. On sale for $70!