Seaweed

• Is seaweed ok to eat?
  • Seaweed is algae, which is the first vegetable on the list, you can have it as a measured veggie

http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Fase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf

Just be VERY aware of how it is prepared if you are not eating it raw or preparing it yourself.
  • Thanks for your response and your tip on preparation. The reason why I asked, seaweed comes in many forms in the Oriental markets. The dried ones you eat as snacks has various oils. The wet ones in a packet, you can make into a cold dish or put into soup is just the seaweed and salt.
    So I just got the wet one without the extra additives.
  • Quote: Thanks for your response and your tip on preparation. The reason why I asked, seaweed comes in many forms in the Oriental markets. The dried ones you eat as snacks has various oils. The wet ones in a packet, you can make into a cold dish or put into soup is just the seaweed and salt.
    So I just got the wet one without the extra additives.
    Yeah - you want to avoid the dried ones, but the wet ones are fine. Just because of the salt content, if you use it make sure you drink LOTS of water, and keep an eye on yourself - you'll be able to tell if you bloat from the salt, and you can either adjust with less salty IP packets on days you have seaweed, or be extra conscious of your water intake to flush it out
  • OK, thank you very much
  • I actually eat the dried roasted seaweed just about everyday, and in fact was just putting the first slice in my mouth when I saw your post. Yes, there is sodium of course in the dried seaweed, but if you drink a lot of water during the day then you shouldn't have a problem. There is a lot of sodium period in some of the IP packs, so drink a lot of water anyway especially if you are sensitive to salt.
  • Thank you Dana
  • Love seaweed ��